Slavic origin of European languages - nice, short film

Hello all :)

I hope this is the right place to post this since there are several threads on this topic.
But here we go .... :)

Yesterday on Croatian TV channel HTR3 was a TV show called "On the edge of the science" (orig. title "Na rubu znanosti") and the show covered the topic about Slavic history, cultire, myths and language - the show title was called "Spiritual legacy of ancient Balkan civilizations" (orig. title "Duhovno nasljede drevnih civilizacija Balkana").

The show was very interesting, I heard a lot of new things (OK, to be honest, I've never investigated Slavic cultures to this point).
Some of the interesting points: they were matriarchy culture, they had no slaves (in opposition to other parallel cultures at that time), they had no weapons (at least not before Romans came to this lands) and they didn't engage in wars between tribes.
The show also covered genetic part and migrations.

You can watch in via on-demand link
https://hrti.hrt.hr/video/show/3262632/
The show is in Croatian language :(

Anyway, I believe it is worth to watch it and I warmly recommend it.
Enjoy!

Cheers!
Marija :)

Yes, great show, good arguments, shows the true history and legacy of balkan slavic people, irony being west always being the source of agressive and totalitarian ideologies while pointing fingers at others, pan slavism in it s core in balkan slavic countries in the 19th century among some proponents had the idea of uniting with Russia as the strongest country. And as then it would be a good idea today. And no, in such creations as Yugoslavia there was no concern about ones nationality and etniticity until western infested plague, no imperialism as is the case with western nations and their history.

Back
Top Bottom