Show #12: 'Settled Science' - How Greed Corrupted the Hard Sciences

parallel said:
I started transcribing : Are Psychopaths Cool? Uncovering the predators among us. And'll work on that during the next week.

Hi parallel,

Thanks so much for transcribing the Sotttalkradio. :clap:

Once done, you can post your transcription in this thread.

Moreover, could you send me your doc file once done please so I could upload it in our translation database.

dant said:
@ Turgon:

On behalf of those who are handicapped or English
is not their first language, I thank you from the bottom
of my heart, for offering to transcribe the radio shows!
It is greatly appreciated and Kudos to you!

Amuch the same from me! :D

I haven't listened to any of the radio shows since there were no transcripts available.

Please see that thread for more info and to know who is transcribing what show.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

And we will continue the discussion about the SOTT talk radio in that thread.

This short, 8-minute video might fit here well with all historical facts and numbers concerning (not only) the pharmaceutical business. It's about the Flexner report published in 1910 (which I didn't know about). The screenshot below captures the main point.

Flexner_report.jpg

The real intent of the report was to establish scientific materialism as the basis and the only approach in medicine, including education, which gave power to the owners/producers of pharmaceuticals, known today as Big Pharma. From then on basically all 'alternative medicine' schools (from today's point of view) which were prevalent back then, had to close because of this newly agreed upon scientific consensus which made them obsolete, non-scientific and even criminal. Another surprise to me was that in 1997 WHO has confirmed and renewed validity of the Flexner report. So, officially, there still isn't any room for immaterial, spiritual component of our existence when it comes to medicine and basically to all the mainstream science.

Back
Top Bottom