Should I Pick up litter

I can only say: Thank you for doing it! And: You are not alone. I do it as well. Every weekend I pick up trash from my dog walk trail, I already come with a bag and gloves. I used to pick up trash of the banks of our local rivers for almost 20 years now - and I still do it with pleasure. I had a hard time fighting feelings of anger against the people who leave the trash there. I cannot understand why you would litter a place you came to because it is nature and beautiful to begin with. When I see someone droping something I go there and say: Oh, I think you lost something there, I think you should put in your trash can at home. And most of the time they do it, astonishing as it sounds...

Some body said, our environment is the extension of our Body. Having a clean environment declutters the mind. Generally, allowing throwing trash in public space can be slippery slope that needs lot of effort to reverse it. Currently, India government going through super effort to change the centuries old habit of not caring about the public and private spaces. Here is one video of it that used famous bollywood song tune.

India's Modi picks up trash from seaside town while hosting China's Xi
India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi picks up plastic trash at the beach ahead of talks with China's President President Xi Jinping in Mamallapuram, India October 12, 2019 in this still image obtained from video. Narendra Modi/Reuters TV via REUTERS
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi went picking up trash on Saturday from a scenic beach resort where he is hosting Chinese President Xi Jinping for summit talks.

Modi and Xi are meeting in the southern town of Mamallapuram, home to centuries old wind-swept temple monuments but also popular with tourists for surfing in its perfect waves.

China's President Xi Jinping shakes hand with India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi during their visit to Arjuna's Penance in Mamallapuram on the outskirts of Chennai, India, October 11, 2019. India's Press Information Bureau/Handout via REUTERS  ATTENTION EDITORS - THIS IMAGE WAS PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY. NO RESALES. NO ARCHIVES.
Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived in southern India on Friday for talks with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi

But Modi released a video of himself going “plogging” - an activity where joggers combine their run or walk with picking up the trash - on the beach outside his luxury resort early on Saturday.

He collected plastic bottles - on which he has declared war - as well as banana skins and other litter in a big plastic bag, as the waves rolled into the shore in his latest effort to highlight the lack of cleanliness in public places in India.

“Plogging at a beach in Mamallapuram this morning. It lasted for over 30 minutes. Also handed over my ‘collection’ to Jeyaraj, who is a part of the hotel staff,” he tweeted.

“Let us ensure our public places are clean and tidy! Let us also ensure we remain fit and healthy.”

Indian cities have some of the world’s highest levels of atmospheric pollution but they are also among the dirtiest with piles of garbage lying in big centers like Delhi and Mumbai because of rapid urban growth and poor governance.

Modi has called for an end to the consumption of single-use plastics by 2022.

Concerns are growing worldwide about plastic pollution, especially in oceans, where nearly 50% of single-use plastic products end up, killing marine life and entering the human food chain, studies have shown.

Modi gave a personal tour to Xi of the Shore Temple, dating back to the seventh and eight century and other ancient monuments that are part of UNESCO’s world heritage sites and which were emptied of all visitors for the two-day summit.

Some body said, our environment is the extension of our Body. Having a clean environment declutters the mind. Generally, allowing throwing trash in public space can be slippery slope that needs lot of effort to reverse it. Currently, India government going through super effort to change the centuries old habit of not caring about the public and private spaces. Here is one video of it that used famous bollywood song tune.
So sorry: Pollution se agar tera sar chakraya toh Odd-Even apnaye
I am sorry, the video link was incorrect. here is the link.
So sorry: Bas ek kasam chahiye safaigiri ke liye, PM Modi appeal to nation

Back
Top Bottom