Short Video

Z...

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I recently visited Pompeii and this was extraordinary experience I wanted to share with you.
I made this short film with wish to emphasize meaninglessness of human condition and also wanted to draw a parallel with our rotten civilization.

Thanks Stardust for reminding me of Dead Can Dance ;)

The video can be seen here

http://marksintheskyvideography.blogspot.com/

Wow, ! very impressive , i think that you did a great job with the video edition , plus the music is not only amazing but extremely appropriate , great vid , you can almost transmit sensations through the images , :)

Very interesting! I was a bit creeped out by it - so if that was your aim, you definitely succeeded. :)

Well my aim was to try and convey the feelings I had while experiencing the remains of that culture, creeped out comes close but more then that very sad

nice work, Deckard. powerful use of the imagery from Fire in the Sky... great tune as well. who sings that?

edit: duh, Sinnead O'Connor. right there below the video...

Nice choice of song for the scenes from "Fire in the Sky" - added poignancy.

So, then I decided to view all your posted videos.

I especially liked "Planet Nuit". I have always loved the song "Ruby Tuesday" and this rendition was quite evocative. I found myself wanting to cry about halfway through. Not sure exactly why, except some vague sense that this film is a "memorial" to the lovely woman featured in this video...

Then, I watched "Tears in the Rain". I loved your intro. I found this video to be at first haunting and later ominous. For some reason it made me think of what I had felt while watching "Planet Nuit". A remembrance. I could almost see the "people of the past" inhabiting the city...I could almost imagine someone in the future viewing "Planet Nuit"...

Thank you for posting these.

FireShadow said:
Not sure exactly why, except some vague sense that this film is a "memorial" to the lovely woman featured in this video...
Now in retrospect I can say, more then anything it is a memorial for one part of my pathology. A tombstone for the vampire that has hopefully been destroyed.

But yes at the face value it is a warm video charged with emotions (its totally different story when you start questioning these emotions) , and I just realized now that I was saying goodbye with this video long before our ways actually parted.

Northern Skies

latest addition, a little bit of atmosphere under Northern Skies, nothing esotheric, just pure feeling from South to North and back....
Southern Skies to come soon :)

http://marksintheskyvideography.blogspot.com/

Good job on your work Corto Maltese, have never seen your site before – booked marked it and will check back.

Plato's Cave

New addition on

http://marksintheskyvideography.blogspot.com/ ;)

Corto Maltese, your Plato’s Cave – what an increasable panning film of miniature working society with overtone against the backdrop of Plato’s Republic - well done. :)

The sociaty at work for some reason made me think of the Gibeonites - "Hewers of wood and drawers of water"

Gib’eonite (4 syl., g hard).

A slave’s slave, a workman’s labourer, a farmer’s understrapper, or Jack-of-all-work. The Gibeonites were made “hewers of wood and drawers of water” to the Israelites. (Josh. ix. 27.) 1
“And Giles must trudge, whoever gives command,
A Gibeonite, that serves them all by turn.”

Neth’inim.

The hewers of wood and drawers of water for the house of God, an office which the Gibeomtes were condemned to by Joshua (Joshua ix. 27). The word means given to God.

well, when I saw the Malta traditions exhibition I was completely overwhelmed as I could only see it, not as a tribute to Maltese traditions and crafts but as a reminder how mechanized human beings are and how useless our existence on this planet can be, generation after generation

The song is by Croatian etno jazz band Cinkusi feat. Auntie Liza ( old folk singer from Medjimurje region in Croatia). I thought it was very appropriate as it conveys typical Slavic dark side and pain and the lyrics go something like this
I gaze up at the sky
There I can see bright stars in their dance...

Back
Top Bottom