Sharing a song i wrote

Seppo Ilmarinen

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Thought i share this song i wrote. It's a live recording so the sound quality is a bit low, because it's recorded with one mic only, but i hope it doesn't disturb too much. Song is called 'Ensilumi', which means first snow of winter in Finnish. It has a bit traditional Finnish music atmosphere, with violin and double bass played with bow. Other instruments are drums, guitar, piano and vocals (there's no lyrics, just a vocal melody). I play the guitar parts. Hope you like it! :)

http://maihinnousu.net/s/24525

Thanks Seppo Ilmarinen, i just heard it, and definitely like it :) - nice and calming...it would be great if this could be recorded properly through a studio, then I'm sure we can hear all the instruments better, with a richer sound.

A beautiful melody indeed, thank you Seppo Ilmarinen. It's nice and calming, as Mr.Cyan noted. I love ethnic music very much, yet I haven't been quite familiar with Finnish melodies. Now I know better, thanks to you! :thup:

Dear Seppo Ilmarinen thank you very much for sharing, it is beautiful!

Got me back to our good old times when was working on my first film that is a fairytale about giant and fairy and unconditional love to life as it is. This beautiful song just went through me ... enchanting

I hope, if you looking for that, that you can manage to get better recording as all the instruments and voice are so powerful ... played alive must be a truly delight.

thank you one more time :) :flowers: :clap:

solarmind said:
Dear Seppo Ilmarinen thank you very much for sharing, it is beautiful!

Got me back to our good old times when was working on my first film that is a fairytale about giant and fairy and unconditional love to life as it is. This beautiful song just went through me ... enchanting

I hope, if you looking for that, that you can manage to get better recording as all the instruments and voice are so powerful ... played alive must be a truly delight.

thank you one more time :) :flowers: :clap:

Absolutely Seppo Ilmarinen, this is beautiful (especially after having a busy day of running around getting things done), its quite enchanting. It reminds me of when I took a trip up to Scotland - as it does have a kind of Highland vibe to it.

Wow, thanks for sharing this beauty is very relaxing, I was transported to another place, a place of great peace and quiet, great job Seppo Ilmarinen.

:perfect:

Listening to this gave me tingles up the back of my spine Seppo Ilmarinen. Such a beautiful, emotional piece. Thankyou for sharing this, I think I shall be listening to this one many more times. Wonderful :)

Seppo Ilmarinen this is so beautiful.

Thankyou for posting. I felt really emotional too when I was listening to it, I'd love to hear more

Thanks for the comments and nice to hear you enjoyed listening the song. We were at the studio some months ago recording this song and few others i've written. They should be finished soon, so there's higher quality version of this song available later.

Seppo Ilmarinen said:
Thanks for the comments and nice to hear you enjoyed listening the song. We were at the studio some months ago recording this song and few others i've written. They should be finished soon, so there's higher quality version of this song available later.

Happy to here that :), please keep us posted.

thank you one more time for great work! :hug: :flowers:

Wow, this was absolutely lovely to listen to Seppo Ilmarinen!!! A fully recorded studio version would be a beautiful piece of music indeed :perfect:

Here's a new version of the song we've recorded in studio with new lyrics i've written. It's not fully mixed but quite close to ready. There's also two other songs i've written in the soundcloud page, and the lyrics in all of them are inspired by Cass forum, so perhaps peeps here might enjoy them. This song is now called 'The Alchemists'.

https://soundcloud.com/pekoralpoets

Here's the lyrics:
VERSE 1
This long road ain’t travelled just one way
Said shepherd for a life to a king for a day
What you’ve found glitters but ain’t gold
Careful now or it’ s your soul that’s being sold

Seek your grail from places unknown
There’s a million miles ahead
Love turns dust to castles, ash to burning flames

This long road ain’t travelled just one way
Smart dumb or wise fool - always price to pay