Shadow People

I didn't even know this was a topic for discussion. i've seen this phenomena recently and have ignored it. Usually its out of the corner of my eye and when i look directly at it the form is gone, thus i didn't think anything of it. Strange though.

I don't know that a topic about 'shadowpeople' is necessarily 'obsolete'. From my understanding, shadow people or creatures have been noticed literally throughout the ages, and, although I don't have a lot of information on the topic, it might be interesting to find out what people know about it - just my two cents, though.

I remeber waking up once to see a dark figure standing in the doorway of my room (not fully awake as I couldn't move - sleep paralysis?). Caused me quite a bit of apprehension and I forced myself awake but by the time I could move it was gone. Possible I was dreaming it and didn't see anything but still quite disturbing.

Quick search gave a few interesting links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people
http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Shadow_Person.html
http://www.snant.com/fp/archives/the-shadow-people/

I found your data pretty interesting, Rhansen. I have to say I've had a lot of dreams about the Shadows, they did look very similar to the one pictured, but were more three dimensional and misty looking. It probably wouldn't do any good to talk about crazy dreams here, and there is no way I can verify that they are really significant to this discussion.

On a few occasions I remember feeling a malevolent presence in the room, and seeing some sort of shadow darting around, but I never considered it of any particular importance, just another one of those things my mind was generating... I only remember waking up to this presence a couple of times, most of the time it would enter before I went to sleep, and I would just ignore it and hope it would go away, and eventually I fell asleep. I've never seen a figure or anything like that, just like a flash of a shadow out of my periphrial. It usuually happens while it's dark, and it's hard to make out much of anything. I've never felt it touch me either. I don't know, it would be interesting if a lot of people starting doing the computer videocamera thing; see what kind of weird things hang around the house. My friend claims to have seen some sort of "shadow beast" hopping along the power lines one night, but I have no way of proving that either. It does make interesting food for thought. I'd never considered that there could be these "Shadow People" just out there walking around. It makes me curious, what is their role in all of this? Are they window-fallers? Aliens? Part of you? Some sort of hyperdimensional energy?

Here is a link from the snant.com link in my previous post, not sure if anyone saw this but I found it pretty interesting.
http://www.clydelewis.com/dis/djinn/djinn.htm

Recently, there's some talks about Shadow People. There are so many interpretations and versions. But, the paranormal investigators (Ghost Hunters in general) reported seeing shadow people (4 feet high; tends to shift between shadow and light) during their investigations.

Yea I've seen them too, their presence varies from house to house. Sometimes the size of a man, sometimes the size of a dog. It makes me think of the Third Man experiment - maybe what is in the room at the time is so contrary to our beliefs that we can't see the beings, just the shadows they make..

what is the difference between a 'shadow entity' and a 'ghost' ?
Is it that ghost are aura-memories left from a intense emotional situation and shadow entities are intelligent beeings?
Is there any references to shadow entities in literature?

Zadius Sky said:
But, the paranormal investigators (Ghost Hunters in general)
When you say paranormal in investigators and ghost hunters I immediately think of some TV shows, especially Britain's Most Haunted or something like that, which features someone called Derek Acona (or Acoarah not sure).
And this is not good association as these people and what they are doing is pathetic.
In last TV show they went to Egypt and he is supposedly channeling dead pharaohs from their tombs, this wouldn't be such problem if he could even speak proper English to start with let alone try to impersonate Egyptians. Every time I flip through channels and see this I am utterly disgusted. The guy needs psychiatric help and so does anyone who buys this.

But I am sure there are genuine ghost hunters out there and I woulnd mind to meet one. Unfortunately thanks to shows like this the whole "profession" has very distasteful aura araound it. And the truth is, one question always remains- what would be the motives for ghost hunting? Can there be proper motives for ghost hunting?

Back to the topics, never heard of shadow people, but all my life I've been seeing movement in the corner of my eye. Sometimes it seems like something is running fast across the floor and then when I look in that direction there is nothing. I know quite a few people who report the same thing.
This phenomenon seems to be increasing if I put myself in certain state of mind.

Just some speculation here but it may be that when we go from a higher world to a lower world there are 'holes' or 'tubes' created between the higher and lower worlds from a separation of possibilities and impossibilities. There are more possibilities in the higher world. When we go from a higher world to a lower there is a separation of the possible from the impossible. Consequently, in the lower world, there are more rules or laws, there are more restrictions on what is possible. Possibly our consciousness perceives something thru these aforementioned holes or tubes and we call them "shadows" or more specifically, in certain instances, "shadow people."

But who are the real shadows? If the higher world is denser then the lower world (in terms of vibration) then I would think that it is we who are the real shadows. Is this talk of shadow people just a way to misrepresent the higher worlds and invert the truth?

Take a two dimensional piece of paper (with only very slight extension into the third dimension). Then take a solid block of steel. The paper would literally crumble before that block of steel, as if the piece of paper has no real substance at all. So if we can view our world as that paper then the higher world might be like that block of steel and if that steel is sharp enough it will even cut the paper.

So, I think that it is we in the material world who are the real shadows and it is the inner psychological world, the more 'dense' higher world above the material world, that is the steel.

Deckard said:
When you say paranormal in investigators and ghost hunters I immediately think of some TV shows, especially Britain's Most Haunted or something like that, which features someone called Derek Acona (or Acoarah not sure).
And this is not good association as these people and what they are doing is pathetic.
"Most Haunted" are considered to be entertainment and not even genuine 'ghost hunting.' During my time in the 'ghost hunting' field, a few ghost hunters told me that they knew what Derek was and his show are considered to be 'fake' because of what they were doing. I have watched one show, and never watched it again. They seems to be doing it for the thrill and to get the public all excited. osit.

Deckard said:
But I am sure there are genuine ghost hunters out there and I woulnd mind to meet one. Unfortunately thanks to shows like this the whole "profession" has very distasteful aura araound it. And the truth is, one question always remains- what would be the motives for ghost hunting? Can there be proper motives for ghost hunting?
I think there are genuine ghost hunters, but sometime their methods could not be as accurate in a sense that they would have the 'proofs' or they could be mistaken that they have a 'proofs' of ghosts (e.g., video caught a lamp moving by itself when in fact someone pulling the cord off-camera unconsciously). I don't know what they are now, but their motives was to 'find the proof of the existence of ghosts.' I think it really depends on the groups. Not all groups have the same agenda. Some for the thrill, some for serious search, and couple of others that I can't think of at the moment.

There is an American show called "The Ghost Hunters," which I think is pretty good. But, I have not seen this show for many months since I stopped watching TV, so I don't know the updates. But, yeah, you're right. "Most Haunted" show tend to bring about 'bad' aura on the rest of the ghost hunters.

Deckard said:
Back to the topics, never heard of shadow people, but all my life I've been seeing movement in the corner of my eye. Sometimes it seems like something is running fast across the floor and then when I look in that direction there is nothing. I know quite a few people who report the same thing.
I've heard of them as I caught a few of them in the corner of my eye while being in the field. They are about 4 feet and in complete black (hence, "shadow people"; either hooded or with hat). Ghost hunters actually believe they are ghosts, but some believe they are from other dimensions. I don't think they are ghosts considering their interaction with people, and they seems to pop out of nowhere, walked around, and pop into nowhere. So, my opinion is open to what they are.

fwiw.

Edit:

There's couple of sites about shadow people and the reports:

_http://www.shadowpeople.org/

_http://www.shamans-cave.com/The_Shadow_People.html

Hmmm... I've been seeing those since I was a kid and I find them being present in everyday life like dogs and cats,
I can find them everywhere, in the streets, inside homes... The thing is "they" always seem very "busy", don't know how else to describe it :-/
I decided not to think about it long time ago, since they were scarring me a lot when I was a kid, I kinnda got used to them
and just notice it and go on with my thing... I can spot them firs with the feeling of their presence, then with my eye,
when I look in the direction, but then they move like someone pressed ffw on a DVD remote
and I can catch just a sec of their appearance on the other side of the room (for example).
I don't know what it is, glimpses of another dimension interacting with ours?
Also, I find them appear more at some places/houses than the others...
In one of my apartments, I lived 2 ya, I saw them on daily basis and it was pretty disturbing.

Zadius Sky said:
They are about 4 feet and in complete black (hence, "shadow people"; either hooded or with hat).
well they say thats the average size of Zeta Reticuli grays
-bloody busybodies ;)

Deckard said:
well they say thats the average size of Zeta Reticuli grays
-bloody busybodies ;)
I think that is very much so. I was reading Budd Hopkins' "Intruder" where some accounts stated seeing a shadow in the corner of an abductee's eye. I came to thinking, "shadow people?" So, it is interesting and quite possible that these 'shadow people' could be grays or projections of 4D STS beings.

Here's what I found so far on the subject.

From: _http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa022502b.htm

Page Two of SHADOW PEOPLE:

Astral Bodies
One interesting idea suggests that shadow people are the shadows or essences of people who are having out-of-body experiences. According to Jerry Gross, an author, lecturer and teacher about astral travel, we all travel out of the body when we are asleep. Perhaps, this theory says, we are seeing the ephemeral astral bodies of these twilight travelers.

Time Travelers
People from our own future, another idea states, could have found the means to travel to the past - our time. However they are able to accomplish this incredible feat, perhaps in that state they appear to us merely as passing shadows as they observe the events of our timeline.

Interdimensional Beings
Even mainstream science is fairly convinced that there are dimensions other than the three we inhabit. And if these other dimensions exist, who or what (if anything) inhabits them? Some theorists say that these dimensions exist parallel and very close to our own, although invisible to us. And if there are inhabitants in these other dimensions, it is possible that they have found a way to intrude on our dimension and become, at least partially, visible? If so, they could very well appear as shadows. It has long been held by psychics and other sensitives that beings on other planes of existence are of different "vibrations." Science is beginning to look at reality, on a quantum level, in the same way - that particles of the smallest size exist as vibrations. Perhaps, some theorize, the vibrations of our existence are beginning to mesh with those of another dimension, which accounts for the increase in such phenomena as ghosts, shadow people and possibly aliens.

Aliens
The alien and abduction phenomena are so bizarre that it's no surprise that extraterrestrials are suspects as the shadow people. Abductees have reported in many cases that the alien grays seem to be able to pass through walls and closed windows, and to appear and disappear abruptly, among other otherworldly talents. Perhaps, too, they can go about their alien agenda disguised in the shadows.

There's a good deal of overlapping among the above ideas, of course. Aliens and ghosts could be interdimensional beings, or aliens could be time travelers - and some believe demons are responsible for all of these disturbing phenomena.

There is no way to prove or disprove any theories about a phenomenon that is so mysterious, that happens so quickly and without warning. Science finds it virtually impossible to catalog or study such phenomena in any methodical way. All we can do, at present, is to document personal experiences and try to piece together what the shadow people phenomenon might be. Perhaps it's an old mystery becoming more recognizable... perhaps it represents a doorway to and from different planes of existence... or perhaps it's just shadows.
And, here's what Unexplained Mysteries has to say about 'shadow people' as it was posted on 15 June, 2007.

From: _http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=97317

Shadow people phenomena

Shaan Russell: As long as there have been hauntings and ghostly phenomena, there have been sightings of ‘Shadow People’. These Shadow People are defined by their featureless, shadow-like appearance and the feeling of foreboding when they are present. They are nearly always a manly shape, large and with a broad silhouette and perhaps the strangest thing about them, is that they are usually seen wearing a hat of some sort. In some instances there are red eyes that seem to pierce right through you. So are they ‘normal ghosts’? Most people will say that they are not. They don’t usually seem to have purpose to their visits and from the bad feelings they emit, it seems that they aren’t benign by any means. One important observation about shadow people, that isn’t often seen with ‘conventional ghosts’ is that they seem to be aware of our presence. A lot of the time manifestations occur involving an entity that seems to be going about daily business, rarely do they notice or try and communicate with people. The Shadow People tend to be very aware of our presence and in fact seem like they wish to make us feel uncomfortable or frightened.

Are they evil? It is tempting to say that they are, especially given the bad vibes they seem to let off. However, there is not much documentation to say that a bad occurrence usually follows a Shadow Man visitation. If fact, most visitations usually result in the apparition fading away, or disappearing when noticed. They never seem to talk or approach the witness, instead standing menacingly in doorways and corners.

Some people say that Shadow People are aliens or time traveling beings. This is an interesting theory, as it suggests that not only do these entities exist, but they are frequently visitors in our lives. Why do they hang around us so much? Are we being studied? Could this be why there are so many reports of ‘feelings of evil’ coming from these creatures?

What makes the Shadow People phenomena interesting, in the world of the supernatural, is the consistency in the sightings. No matter whether it’s an old person or a child, or anyone in between, what they see is always the same. People on opposite ends of the world report seeing these entities on a daily basis and their recollections are strikingly similar. Whatever these Shadow People are they are definitely a regular occurrence in a lot of people’s lives.
However, here's an interesting article about how our brain 'creates' shadow people.

Brain stimulation creates shadow person

Swiss scientists say they've found electrical stimulation of the brain can create the sensation of a "shadow person" mimicking one's bodily movements.

Olaf Blanke and colleagues at the Federal Polytechnic School of Lausanne say their discovery might help shed light on brain processes that contribute to the symptoms of schizophrenia, which can include the sensation that one's own actions are being performed by someone else.

Doctors evaluating a woman with no history of psychiatric problems found stimulation of an area of her brain called the left temporoparietal junction caused her to believe a person was standing behind her.

The patient reported that "person" adopted the same bodily positions as her, although she didn't recognize the effect as an illusion. At one point in the investigation, the patient was asked to lean forward and clasp her knees: this led to a sensation that the shadow figure was embracing her, which she described as unpleasant.

The finding could be a step towards understanding psychiatric affects such as feelings of paranoia, persecution and alien control, say neuroscientists.
Ghosts? Aliens? Brain stimulations? It seems that there are more questions than answers.

Back
Top Bottom