Session 21 March 2015

Approaching Infinity said:
Andromeda said:
Archaea said:
I feel like now I'm going to get in trouble for writing this post, but I figured if I'm one of the bad guys or one of the bad guys puppets then that's OK. Also I think now that I've talked a little bit about it, maybe it'll go away.

Not in trouble, but it certainly shows that you have a lot to learn about empathy and tact. There are 100 ways you could have thought about the issue and expressed your feelings in a less insulting way.

Exactly, Archaea. Couldn't have put it better (speaking of tact...).

I felt bad about the cow comment, I don't like it when people say things like that to me and I don't want to be one of those people that say things like that to other people.

Thanks luc, Ciro124 and SAO for your comments. A large part of my world view is a result of Laura's work and I generally implicitly agree with what Laura and the C's say.

To me Laura just comes off as frank, and writes very matter-of-factly. She seems to write the way she would talk, which is a congruent quality though it may seem jarring if you're used to the written word being different from the spoken word. She's busy and doesn't have time to write prose with colorful words to cater to someone's ego when commenting, so it comes off blunt simply because she's trying to get to the point fast and hit the heart of the matter without taking any backroads. And as for cranky, which means "irritable", she doesn't seem averse to letting her feelings show through her writing. So if someone is being annoying, or thick, she (and many others) can be justifiable irritated, and often she will say what many others are thinking, so it's actually refreshing, and never unjustified. There is a difference between being polite/patient, and being polite/patient when the situation asks for something different. But honestly I think it comes down to the matter-of-factness and getting the the point without being wordy (I often have an issue with being too wordy, which isn't a good thing). And as you said, knowledge plays a huge role so she is justified in being more confident in her statements and less wishy washy because she's been there done that.

I disagree with the bolded part. I think when someone is annoyed or irritated it's because of their self-importance. Because we communicate in text, not speech on this forum, we have to fill in the emotional content ourselves. Because of this, reacting to what someone else say's in an emotional manner is problematic, so I think it's best not to respond to what someone else has written until you're no longer annoyed or irritated.

Thanks for the session! To add to Archea's comments, the mention of covert antagonism is interesting and a bit tricky to articulate but I will give it a try...I think I find myself in this camp at least occasionally, not necessarily because of some pesky discarnate entities (though I guess I can't rule that out :/), but because I sometimes disagree with the way some ideas or some-[baked noodle]-body are dismissed out of hand.

I find myself holding my tongue due to "wrong bar trauma" (left over from the old days of more aggressive mod overreach, maybe)--that if comments are interpreted the wrong way I'll find myself with a reputation for opposing the consensus that forms around certain concepts here, and wind up booted from the forum, pronto.

I am stuck on the contradiction that many found their way here because they were unfulfilled by mainstream answers, but now close ranks and dismiss ideas or 'wackos' that deviate from forum consensus (I can pick a few sample topics where I hesitated to comment, like keto diets, or psychopathy, or Putin-fandom)--and further, that many of our families or coworkers would consider us wackos for expressing what is already consensus here...this disconnect seems to head down a slippery slope of [spiritual] elitism. I get uncomfortable that there may be some reflexive group-think going on, or that members' relief in finding a relatively safe harbor stifles a more vigorous debate or more critical thinking.

I don't mean to devalue in any way the paradigm-busting ideas on offer here, they are powerful. But hadn't thought of my frustration as antagonism, or as a lack of faith that might be counterproductive in a larger sense (and needing airing). Perhaps the "covert" antagonism may mean it is somewhat hidden from the antagonists themselves or misunderstood as something else.

I think this is one of my major problems as I was banned as well. Sometimes it seems like Laura talks down to people. I don't know if that's really what she's doing, but when I fill in the emotional content that's how it comes across to me. I think this because sometimes she will write parts of her sentences in CAPS, so she might write YOU or ARE instead of you or are. This might just be for emphasis, but when you're a little worried that you might get insta-banned for saying something that may have annoyed or irritated Laura, it can seem like she is standing over you and making you feel small.

I think this is why these "antagonisms" are covert, it might feel like the options available are either to keep quiet about it (which is what I would have done if I didn't feel like the C's gave me an opening) or you can say what you feel, get ignored, then get banned and maybe go find somewhere else to discuss Laura's work and the Cassiopaean transmissions.

I have a wizard book because I want to be a wizard when I grow up. One of the things it says somewhere is that if you want a living system to be happy and healthy you need to make sure that your hold on it isn't too tight or too loose. If it's too tight then you choke the system and it starts to die and decay, if it's too loose the system will descend into chaos and anarchy.

I think we couldn't get a better leader of this forum than Laura, however, I feel she needs to loosen her grip a little.

Archaea said:
I think we couldn't get a better leader of this forum than Laura, however, I feel she needs to loosen her grip a little.

Um...unless I'm misunderstanding....isn't this technically her forum?

sitting said:
I think they're asking how ya gonna save your life - when the snow begins to dump.

Yes. Although we do not know the severity of the coming Ice Age, it is safe to assume that travel at times will be impossible by road and rail. Roofs will collapse. No electricity...etc.

Maybe flexibility is required. Live your winter in the opposite hemisphere. Find a safe "all year summer home" whenever and wherever possible.

L) Sometimes it's just a chemical feeling, like when you're depressed and everything is black, nothing will ever be nice again, your life is crappy, and that sort of thing. So I think that anybody can be vulnerable to that.

A: Yes. It needs to be aired out.[/quote]

When Heather from Soul Rescue was working on me, she suggested to allow all surpressed emotions to come up on the surfuce ( whatever it is : anger, frustration,guilt, etc)then ACCEPT the feeling, rather then blocking them. This is a very simple technique , and really works..

ziggystarlust said:
sitting said:
I think they're asking how ya gonna save your life - when the snow begins to dump.

Yes. Although we do not know the severity of the coming Ice Age, it is safe to assume that travel at times will be impossible by road and rail. Roofs will collapse. No electricity...etc.

Maybe flexibility is required. Live your winter in the opposite hemisphere. Find a safe "all year summer home" whenever and wherever possible.

I'm not really sure about the physical survival being what the C's were emphasizing. I sometimes feel that they make fun of our state of needing to survive, in good humor.

Really, if it gets that bad, I'd be worried about any place, even warm- if there is no self-sustaining farm/livestock, what would one eat? One can only store so much food and water! With the supply chain crippled or down we're in big trouble!

I'm also worried that in such an extreme state of chaos (due to weather or other factors) the nuclear plants all over the world might not be able to be kept running properly. What happens when you can't get the energy or the fuel to power the generators to cool the spent rods? Fukushima x100!

Archaea, I think there is a difference between reacting emotionally and giving a situation what it asks for. I didn't say Laura is acting mechanically because irritation is prompting a particular response, and I think you're wrong when you say that "irritating" the admins or mods is a reason for being banned all by itself - there is always a much more concrete reason behind it. I think focusing on irritation is missing the point because it ignores the context and cause. Psychopaths can be irritating. So if you ban someone who displays major pathology - someone incinere and manipulative for example, it wasn't because they annoyed you, but because of the pathology. But they may also be annoying, yet that in and of itself is never the reason.

On the flip side, there have been new members who did some annoying but otherwise harmless things (like make a million posts a minute with no real content and maybe just one word replies), and that can be annoying, but the worst that happened is they were politely asked to cut it out to minimize noise. No banning (unless of course pathology shows its face like them continuously ignoring the requests and having 0 consideration for others, but that's now a different matter).

I must agree with Kalibex. This is her forum, and it has a specific aim and rules. I honestly don't know what "grip" you speak of - except that you somehow feel afraid to post certain thoughts, though that fear seems unjustified in my view, as I've never seen unjust or impulsive banning here. I honestly think what the C's said really does apply to you - you don't have faith in the process, and it seems like you don't understand the process, based on your fears/reservations and misconceptions (to my understanding) about how and why this forum operates.

I guess in my mind I just can't relate to the fear because I feel absolutely safe to ask any question or make any comment - as long as it is respectful and well reasoned and has data, and as long as I'm open to learn and change my view when presented with contrary data. You mentioned Putin - if you have an issue here, do you think it would really be risky to simply ask? Have you seen the threads on the subject?

I truly think you're much safer here from unfair treatment than you seem to think, but I must admit that when you call someone a cow, not to mention in their own virtual home, if you did get banned it would only have been for being completely rude and insulting, not for dissenting or questioning or disagreeing. There is a big difference.

Archaea said:
I felt bad about the cow comment, I don't like it when people say things like that to me and I don't want to be one of those people that say things like that to other people.

Censoring ourselves at times is part of external consideration. So why didn't you simply not say it, or what made you think it was okay to say it?

yes, thank you so much for the session. this, and the previous session brought a sort of peace. some anxiety, but that seems to be surface, more a sense of "ready or not, here I come" and what feels like bedrock.
skiing? makes me think of snow, or water skiing? I have a lot of skis here at home, maybe they will be useful here also, not only in France (assuming the Chateau group will be in France at that time)
time to move.
nice to hear about Putin also, I sent him a letter wishing him well.
all the best, all

Divide By Zero said:
ziggystarlust said:
sitting said:

I'm not really sure about the physical survival being what the C's were emphasizing. I sometimes feel that they make fun of our state of needing to survive, in good humor.

Really, if it gets that bad, I'd be worried about any place, even warm- if there is no self-sustaining farm/livestock, what would one eat? One can only store so much food and water! With the supply chain crippled or down we're in big trouble!

I'm also worried that in such an extreme state of chaos (due to weather or other factors) the nuclear plants all over the world might not be able to be kept running properly. What happens when you can't get the energy or the fuel to power the generators to cool the spent rods? Fukushima x100!

My thoughts exactly, who wants to hang around here? We are working for a brighter future. But some will not be ready for this, so they must be prepared for a cold spell and another 300,000 years of physical experiences.

It seems that letting go of the physical is one of the biggest obstacles a person has to face, upon graduation. It sounds like some will be dragged along. But these may be headed for an STS experience, not sure about that part.

anarkist said:
skiing? makes me think of snow, or water skiing? I have a lot of skis here at home, maybe they will be useful here

I am wondering about that too.

Skiing (applied to snow) was a bit puzzling as this session was given at the start of Spring. Are they suggesting Winter is coming back? That would shock me. Or maybe they're pointing to the onset of winter in the southern hemisphere. Yet the last Ice Age was mostly a northern hemisphere phenomenon I thought.

Which then leads to water. And that brings up surfing ... as in surfing the WAVE. Tsunamis in our future?
Maybe faith in the process is what they meant when they said "skiing."

WIN 52 said:
Skiing: To make it down a slope successfully without physical injury, a person must be in the moment. You have to make every move count, not knowing what the next move is till you finish the last move. Your next move depends on the last one and what you can see ahead. There are times when you can't see the next move till you are in the middle of the last move and you need to be ready for a quick response to several options. The most difficult part is going where you have never been before because you don't know what to expect. Skiing with a guide is good but it is up to you. It is what you do that brings you safely to the bottom or to the hospital with injuries. Loss of the physical experience is ever present.

Working on self, much like a skier being prepared is paramount to success.

Yes!

I did not read this with sufficient care the first time. (Too wrapped up -- too engrossed in my own dialogue).
But I certainly GOT it, this time around.

sitting said:
WIN 52 said:
Skiing: To make it down a slope successfully without physical injury, a person must be in the moment. You have to make every move count, not knowing what the next move is till you finish the last move. Your next move depends on the last one and what you can see ahead. There are times when you can't see the next move till you are in the middle of the last move and you need to be ready for a quick response to several options. The most difficult part is going where you have never been before because you don't know what to expect. Skiing with a guide is good but it is up to you. It is what you do that brings you safely to the bottom or to the hospital with injuries. Loss of the physical experience is ever present.

Working on self, much like a skier being prepared is paramount to success.

Yes!

I did not read this with sufficient care the first time. (Too wrapped up -- too engrossed in my own dialogue).
But I certainly GOT it, this time around.

Hi,
that's what I believe too -you can't be somewhere else than in the NOW, when you are skiing - all distractions can end in discontinuity which then cause serious accidents. Furthermore, you should be integrated in the inside too - if different parts (little Is) start to quarrel over the decisions, or you start to project, anticipate, get anxious, you are done!

And also this takes practice - for some is easier, others have to struggle - it is just a lesson which applies to whatever we do, nut just skiing. But analyzing skiing helps to understand what is needed to be your own master.

My taichi practice is also a moving meditation - it is so important where you put your foot, otherwise you loose balance and cannot continue smoothly and fall out of rhythm. And also teaches flexibility of body/mind/feelings.

I think you can educate the body to influence the unconscious to release the grip on useless negative feelings and memories.

And, I think that living a fulfilling life takes away the fear of death and dying.
Joy

SAO said:
Archaea, I think there is a difference between reacting emotionally and giving a situation what it asks for. I didn't say Laura is acting mechanically because irritation is prompting a particular response, and I think you're wrong when you say that "irritating" the admins or mods is a reason for being banned all by itself - there is always a much more concrete reason behind it. I think focusing on irritation is missing the point because it ignores the context and cause. Psychopaths can be irritating. So if you ban someone who displays major pathology - someone incinere and manipulative for example, it wasn't because they annoyed you, but because of the pathology. But they may also be annoying, yet that in and of itself is never the reason.

On the flip side, there have been new members who did some annoying but otherwise harmless things (like make a million posts a minute with no real content and maybe just one word replies), and that can be annoying, but the worst that happened is they were politely asked to cut it out to minimize noise. No banning (unless of course pathology shows its face like them continuously ignoring the requests and having 0 consideration for others, but that's now a different matter).

I must agree with Kalibex. This is her forum, and it has a specific aim and rules. I honestly don't know what "grip" you speak of - except that you somehow feel afraid to post certain thoughts, though that fear seems unjustified in my view, as I've never seen unjust or impulsive banning here. I honestly think what the C's said really does apply to you - you don't have faith in the process, and it seems like you don't understand the process, based on your fears/reservations and misconceptions (to my understanding) about how and why this forum operates.

I guess in my mind I just can't relate to the fear because I feel absolutely safe to ask any question or make any comment - as long as it is respectful and well reasoned and has data, and as long as I'm open to learn and change my view when presented with contrary data. You mentioned Putin - if you have an issue here, do you think it would really be risky to simply ask? Have you seen the threads on the subject?

I truly think you're much safer here from unfair treatment than you seem to think, but I must admit that when you call someone a cow, not to mention in their own virtual home, if you did get banned it would only have been for being completely rude and insulting, not for dissenting or questioning or disagreeing. There is a big difference.

SAO,

I don't think I could have said it any better than you have. At times I have wondered why different forum members get banned or reprimanded. When I looked at their previous posts I began to see the patterns that led to the end result.

Did that strike "fear" into me? Not exactly, I just tried to learn from what I perceived to be potential or existing problems/patterns in my own life.

Archaea,

Archaea said:
Exactly, Archaea. Couldn't have put it better (speaking of tact...).

Thanks luc, Ciro124 and SAO for your comments. A large part of my world view is a result of Laura's work and I generally implicitly agree with what Laura and the C's say.

To me Laura just comes off as frank, and writes very matter-of-factly. She seems to write the way she would talk, which is a congruent quality though it may seem jarring if you're used to the written word being different from the spoken word. She's busy and doesn't have time to write prose with colorful words to cater to someone's ego when commenting, so it comes off blunt simply because she's trying to get to the point fast and hit the heart of the matter without taking any backroads. And as for cranky, which means "irritable", she doesn't seem averse to letting her feelings show through her writing. So if someone is being annoying, or thick, she (and many others) can be justifiable irritated, and often she will say what many others are thinking, so it's actually refreshing, and never unjustified. There is a difference between being polite/patient, and being polite/patient when the situation asks for something different. But honestly I think it comes down to the matter-of-factness and getting the the point without being wordy (I often have an issue with being too wordy, which isn't a good thing). And as you said, knowledge plays a huge role so she is justified in being more confident in her statements and less wishy washy because she's been there done that.

I disagree with the bolded part. I think when someone is annoyed or irritated it's because of their self-importance. Because we communicate in text, not speech on this forum, we have to fill in the emotional content ourselves. Because of this, reacting to what someone else say's in an emotional manner is problematic, so I think it's best not to respond to what someone else has written until you're no longer annoyed or irritated.

I know it is painful to see when we could have said or done things better. I struggle with the "perfection" program a lot myself. And I say and do things I regret in everyday life and here on the forum too (maybe this post).

I just noticed that you said you felt bad about the "cow" acronym and I think that was good to express (it is only Laura who would know if that is sufficient). I think as you have said that this is a "text" medium on the forum and emotional content is difficult to see in text. I kind of doubt if you were talking to Laura face to face that you would have chosen the same words to express your emotions.

I don't know if you would agree but it seemed to me that you were "irritated" that Laura displayed irritation. And then you said

b]I think when someone is annoyed or irritated it's because of their self-importance.[/b]

I seemed maybe like a kind of projection of yourself to Laura? :/

I seems to me that emotion, whether we like it or not, is a difficult thing to express in text. :( I used to ignore those little emoticons. Not only are our emotions difficult to express but we sometimes just wish they would go away. I think that emotions may be more important than we realize. We are always trying to control those run away horses that the driver has to pull the reigns on. But lately I am wondering if we are missing a distinction between "lower" emotions and "higher" emotions. Here is an excerpt from Barbara Marciniak's Bringers of the Dawn:

There is a plan to catapult and send energy into new experience. At this time, Earth and a number
of other systems where you simultaneously exist, are instrumental in the reemergence of
emotion, with the purpose of comprehending all identities compacted into one. The universes are
discovering what they can do by coming together and interworking just as you are discovering
what you can become. There is no preconceived idea of what will happen. This is new territory.
Emotion is the key to all of this. As human beings, you need emotion to connect you with your
spiritual self. Emotion is essential to understanding spirituality because emotion generates feeling.
The mental body and physical body are very linked, as are the emotional body and spiritual body.
The spiritual body is, of course, the body that exists beyond physical limitation. You need
emotions to comprehend the nonphysical, which is why emotions have been so controlled upon
this planet.
You have been allowed very little room emotionally and have been encouraged to feel
powerless or frightened.
Many of you don't want to go beyond these emotional barriers and through your personal
boundaries because it might be painful. You'd like to say "abracadabra" and just have them be
gone. Pain brings you feeling. If you can feel in no other way, sometimes, in order to capture your
attention as a stubborn human, you create pain to show yourself the range of your abilities and to
bring yourself into life. In this way, you can feel the richness of being alive.
Most human beings are afraid of their emotional or feeling center; they are afraid to feel. Trust
your feelings no matter what they are. Trust that they lead you to something and that the way
you feel can bring you a realization. You all want to be in life and be removed from it at the same
time. You say, "Let me just be here and be a powerful person, but I don't want to feel or
participate too much because it hurts too much and then I will get sucked down. I don't trust life."
When you are not afraid of feeling, and you move past judgment and allow yourself to feel all the
ways you feel, you will have a tremendous breakthrough because you will be able to ride feeling
into other realities. Some of you are afraid to feel and participate in this reality, let alone ride into
other realities, because you do not trust your feelings. If you wish to have an acceleration, dive
into something that brings up feeling. Stop skirting the issue so that you can think you are in
control. Dive in the middle of it and then see if you are in control.
It's not that you don't know how to feel, it's that you are afraid of your feelings. You don't know
what to do with them when you have them. They bring up a sense of powerlessness within you,
so you associate feeling with a sense of, "Oh, no, I blew it." You have a boundary in your belief
system that states that when something comes up that is emotional and brings pain or anger,
then it is not good. It is time to stop tiptoeing around things and avoiding your emotions.
Anger serves a purpose. All of you want to get finished with it: you want to sweep it under the rug
and act as if it is no good.
You act like it is rotten vegetables, throw it out, and bury it in the back
garden as if there is no purpose to it. We are emphasizing that there is a purpose to fear and a
purpose to anger. If you would allow yourselves to express and experience your fears, which
might lead to the expression of your anger, you would learn something. Those of you who want
desperately to avoid fear and anger, and who are really afraid of these feelings, have something
great to learn through these emotions. They are techniques that move you beyond your personal
boundaries of identity and behavior, and you are simply afraid to experience this.
Most of the time, all you want is to be accepted. You feel that no one will like you if you do certain
things or feel certain ways, so you don't give yourself permission to have those certain feelings.

That is where the anger comes from. You have anger because you make judgments about what
you can and cannot do. If you do not give yourself permission to feel, you cannot learn. Feeling
connects you with life. Feelings serve a variety of purposes in human beings. We encourage all of
you to please trust and cultivate and rely on your feelings. Understand that your feelings are your
ticket to ride into multidimensional realities, where you must go if you are seriously playing this
game. In multidimensional realities, you learn to hold and focus many different versions of
yourself at once.
Feelings can take you to these places, particularly feelings that you trust. Many of you are very
suspicious and masterful over your feelings. You will not allow certain feelings to come forward, or
you judge them when they come up instead of observing where they take you or what they do for
you.
Because you have a fear of something, you keep yourself from experiencing it because you put up
a wall that says, "If I go there, it is bad." You put the brakes on. In actuality, your fear will
eventually energize the experience into your realm of development because all thought is drawn
into form based on the emotional influence behind it. So sometimes the greatest thing to do is to
simply say, "What the heck, I will go there. I surrender." Then deal with being there and don't
worry about being centered while you are in your feeling center. If you intend to go into your
feeling center and always be in control, you are not giving yourself the range of movement that is
needed to ride the emotions that knock down boundaries and belief systems.

The C's seem to think we should "air" things out maybe emotions should be a part of that and not "sweep it under the rug"?

Q: (L) Well, I think everybody gets into a period where they feel a lack of faith. Sometimes it's just a chemical feeling, like when you're depressed and everything is black, nothing will ever be nice again, your life is crappy, and that sort of thing. So I think that anybody can be vulnerable to that.

A: Yes. It needs to be aired out.

These are just some things I am thinking about. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom