Session 16 July 2009

Carcosa said:
Corto, I'm a bit puzzled by your answer. As has been pointed several times already, you've been around for a long time. You've read the Wave series, and are a regular contributor to this forum and SOTT reader. Yet, seems you can't figure out on your own whether Laura "has rid herself of her illusions about reality"? Maybe she should make a video about it, after all...

Carcosa I think that any 3D human who would fully accomplish this would instantly ascend. Therefore to answer your
question yes after all these years I am convinced Laura is light years away from most of the humanity in terms of consciousness and understanding of reality ( including me) which is why I look up to her, but in the same time I don't think she is has achieved Christ consciousness or she is infinitely enlightened so as to never make mistakes.
On this very forum we tore to shreds many sources who were trying to imply that they can influence their reality in the similar fashion i.e. with power of meditation, crystals, certain physiological states etc. Therefore I don't think my question was as stupid or as pointless as you are trying to imply. Do note that I was questioning power walk bit and not the rest of the session.

While Perceval's and D Rusak's answer makes perfect sense and puts the things in the right perspective yours comes across as quite emotional to say. Otherwise you would probably exclude the bit about the video, which is what - supposed to discredit me or make me feel stupid?

Sorry Laura,
I have seen your reply only after posting reply to Carcosa.

Yes I know what non-sequitor is. It was not meant to be comical or mocking- it was a genuine question when trying to establish how much I lack in faith in comparison to other people here.

Well I am glad you have sympathy for my confusion because it is sincere. I am already acting on your suggestion for more then a week now and I am looking forward to further expansion of the exercises in your video.

Regards

Corto Maltese said:
Carcosa I think that any 3D human who would fully accomplish this would instantly ascend. Therefore to answer your
question yes after all these years I am convinced Laura is light years away from most of the humanity in terms of consciousness and understanding of reality ( including me) which is why I look up to her, but in the same time I don't think she is has achieved Christ consciousness or she is infinitely enlightened so as to never make mistakes.
On this very forum we tore to shreds many sources who were trying to imply that they can influence their reality in the similar fashion i.e. with power of meditation, crystals, certain physiological states etc. Therefore I don't think my question was as stupid or as pointless as you are trying to imply. Do note that I was questioning power walk bit and not the rest of the session.

While Perceval's and D Rusak's answer makes perfect sense and puts the things in the right perspective yours comes across as quite emotional to say. Otherwise you would probably exclude the bit about the video, which is what - supposed to discredit me or make me feel stupid?

CM, the subject was not ME or my acquisition or lack of abilities, the topic was YCYOR or not, and if it is possible, how to do it and who can do it. That's why your responses were so bizarre. You were taking them to be saying something that was NOT being said - or I'm really losing it!

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

Non sequitur (Latin for "it does not follow"), in formal logic, is an argument where its conclusion does not follow from its premises.[1] In a non sequitur, the conclusion can be either true or false, but the argument is a fallacy because the conclusion does not follow from the premise.

Hi All,

Hope this is the right place to post this.

I just had a look at the Tsakonikos video, the one with the teacher(black skirt, white blouse) and children. The dance is a series of 4 eights. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxOUFG1D6qU

Start with 1, right foot forward 2, left forward 3,right forward 4,left forward , then tap ( tap right foot to left, no weight)-that completes the pattern. Begin again with R, L, R, L, tap RF(right foot), for a series of 8, so it would be, 1,2,3,4,and(tap on 'and' RF no weight)-2,2,3,4,and- 3,2,3,4,and- 4,2,3,4,and- 5,2,3,4,and- 6,2,3,4, and- 7,2,3,4,and- 8,2,3,4 and. This eight count does not put weight on the ‘and’ count. If the numbers are confusing just count 1,2,3,4 and, 1,2,3,4 and, 1,2,3,4 and (OR) count -right, left, right, left and(tap RF no weight) -repeat -right, left, right, left and

Second eight count—R, L, R, hop (left foot up) then step on the left foot, (that completes the pattern) the count is
R1, L2, R3, hop on 4 and then step on left foot for an ‘and’ count. So it will be… R, L, R, hop, and. R,L,R, hop, and. So this eight count puts weight on the ‘and’ count. The tricky part in this series is that you will bring the left foot up for the hop, and then step on the left foot, do a complete weight change to the left foot to complete the pattern.

Repeat first set,

Repeat second set

End of dance..

If this is helpful, I can write out the other dances. This is the only one I've had a chance to look at. I'll get to the others when I get off work tonight or tomorrow. If it's confusing ask and I'll try to simplify. I'm giving a couple of different ways to count because different counts work for different people. Some people like the numbers and some like rhythm counts( slow slow quick quick ) and some people like words (Right- Left -Tap ect.) The Rhythm count would be slow, slow, slow, slow hold, but it doesn't work well for learning in this piece of music. imo. Time for a dancing icon!! :rockon:

Laura said:
CM, the subject was not ME or my acquisition or lack of abilities, the topic was YCYOR or not, and if it is possible, how to do it and who can do it. That's why your responses were so bizarre. You were taking them to be saying something that was NOT being said - or I'm really losing it!

Nope, you're not losing it, CM's responses are bizarre - without question. It seems he's once again taking out his unhappiness or resentment on the forum, though why, I'm not sure.

cm said:
Sorry Laura,

Yes I know what non-sequitor is. It was not meant to be comical or mocking- it was a genuine question when trying to establish how much I lack in faith in comparison to other people here.

What does 'faith' have to do with it? Where is all this coming from, because it certainly bears no direct relationship with the reality of what is being discussed here in any way.

cm said:
Well I am glad you have sympathy for my confusion because it is sincere. I am already acting on your suggestion for more then a week now and I am looking forward to further expansion of the exercises in your video.

Regards

I don't sense confusion as much as I sense resentment. Considering that you could have utilized the voluminous information on these pages to increase your general understanding during the past years, which would have prevented this confusion, the question I'm left with is what is really going on here, CM? Hopefully further application of the breathing exercises with help to clear things up for you.

Corto Maltese said:
Sorry Laura,

Regards

For some reason I can't see how your question was genuine. Let's review it a little:

The session comment by Laura was this:

(L) Well it kind of reminds me... Remember when I talk about my power walking, when I get on the treadmill and I kind of meditate on the treadmill and focus on whatever is needed, and somehow it usually kind of happens? This business the Cs are talking about is power walking on steroids.

which was given IN CONTEXT of most of the preceeding session being about dancing in a specific way and all of the effects it could potentially have. Not only that, but the session itself was in the context of it being a continuation of the ongoing Eiru Eolas program. So that was the context in which Laura made her comment that it KIND of reminded her of her power walking on the treadmill where she would focus on certain problems and a solution would USUALLY present itself. Now, you took this and focused entirely on Laura's powerwalking and for some reason decided that it was evidence of YCYOR. And then in response to my posts you extracted the following:

Just to confirm if I am understanding you correctly, you are basically saying that Laura is this clean and empty vessel and that this technique would only work for her and those on the similar level.

It's like from the beginning you were angling for a very specific and distorted interpretation of the data given, but rather than actually say what you were thinking you tried to get ME to say it. The distortion in your interpretation seems to center around a rejection of the idea that one has to really work on onself to progress, and even then success can only be achieved as part of an overall group, (this was the jist of the session), and instead you seem to be fixated on worship of a "savior".

Laura said:
Okay, Jeep, are ya still with me? I'm laying important principles out for you here and even though it's been done before, elsewhere on the forum, in books, and podcasts and so on and so forth, I guess you have missed it all the other times it has been discussed.

Now, the Cs have repeatedly told us that "rituals restrict" and "knowledge protects."

A rite is a set of actions that are repeated by individuals from the "outside" of a knowledge system, who have no idea what they are doing or why, but they believe that if they do these actions that something will happen.

I'm with you, and have been following all along. What I am missing however, is the causal chain between esoteric knowledge and dancing or breathing. I am not saying it does not exist, I am saying I don't yet see the connection.

Thanks for that. The amount of informations received is coming at a pretty fast pace indeed!

It strikes me how the Kolo/oro dance, celtic dance, sirtaki, flamenco, and even Italian 'saltarello' are all very similar. All with those 'tricky' leg movements. Never noticed, all traditional (European only?) dances shares similar steps with hopping and half-jumps, many variations.

rs said:
Laura said:
Okay, Jeep, are ya still with me? I'm laying important principles out for you here and even though it's been done before, elsewhere on the forum, in books, and podcasts and so on and so forth, I guess you have missed it all the other times it has been discussed.

Now, the Cs have repeatedly told us that "rituals restrict" and "knowledge protects."

A rite is a set of actions that are repeated by individuals from the "outside" of a knowledge system, who have no idea what they are doing or why, but they believe that if they do these actions that something will happen.

I'm with you, and have been following all along. What I am missing however, is the causal chain between esoteric knowledge and dancing or breathing. I am not saying it does not exist, I am saying I don't yet see the connection.

Here's an idea. Deep breathing, or breathing in a specific way, perhaps "correctly" can lead to release of emotional blockages. It's should be easy enough to see how emotional blockage can be an impediment to esoteric or objective knowledge, since emotions are often the seat of the deepest illusions, which run contrary to objective knowledge. Dancing in a specific way with others, with a specific intent, may have combined energetic effects that are perhaps not easily explainable by standard science, but which may nevertheless be a way to effect some kind of macrocosmic energetic shift. For this last one we are still in the exploration process, but we mean to find out one way or another! :O

rs said:
Laura said:

Well, who knows really?

Some examples, don't know if they fit.

I think it implies the concept of other realities. If you're not ready in terms of knowledge for that, it could be either a magic formula of 2 words to go the other side, but you won't get it anyway. There's a whole lot in between.

Then the 'causal chain' you're referring to could be that part of knowledge about how the human body works, practically an entire universe in miniature.. not that simple, isn't it?

You're 5 y.o. and someone gives you the manual to build a Space Shuttle. Can you build that?

Then we don't have even the whole 'manual' yet, so why anticipating? Just let's experiment.

Laura said:

Once again sorry and please bear with me. I will try to explain what I finally understood.
I said that what you described as power walk sounds to me basically as any YCYR method out there.

Then it was explained to me that I don't use my thinking abilities properly.
It should have stopped there. With this I can agree.

Now, after taking few deep breaths away from the key board I can clearly see that my thinking center was usurped by negative emotional center.
While making this statement I didn't take into consideration Laura's experience, research etc. in fact it was not that I didn't take it into consideration as much as it was overridden by nit picking self important I, which appearently is still alive and kicking and can take many disguises. All along I genuinely believed that my confusion is the result of objective contradiction in Laura's teaching. Unfortunately it wasn't.
Anart is right, there is also big element of resentment to it, I thought I dealt with it in proper way but it seems I didn't. Now it doesn't seem appropriate to elaborate more on this on public forum.

I guess this proves the point why nobody stands the slightest chance ALONE in the Work.

I apologize for taking so much time and energy on this, but if I didn't receive this shock I would have probably still be lulled in notion that I am doing fine while in reality I am still being stuck with the first order of business as described in ISOTM. Looking forward to learning more and releasing emotional blockages.

Again, thank you for sharing :)

I do use to dance, mixturing some styles I have learned when I was a girl, like flamenco and Classical dance.
Making slow and gentle movements that at times resemble martial arts, they are never the same
as I dance letting flow the energy of my body while perceiving external reality.
Sometimes I also do spining while dancing.
I see it as a great way of getting in contact with enviroment, allowing us to perceive more of us and of the reality,
is not a perception that we can process mentaly, but a perception lived at that moment with our whole being.

So of course I do see the chain between esoteric knowledge and dancing or breathing especially if we consider
life as religion:

Life experiences reflect how one interacts with God. Those who are asleep
are those of little faith in terms of their interaction with the creation. Some
people think that the world exists for them to overcome or ignore or shut
out. For those individuals, the worlds will cease. They will become exactly
what they give to life. They will become merely a dream in the "past."
People who pay strict attention to objective reality right and left, become
the reality of the "Future."

cm said:
Once again sorry and please bear with me. I will try to explain what I finally understood.
I said that what you described as power walk sounds to me basically as any YCYR method out there.

Then it was explained to me that I don't use my thinking abilities properly.
It should have stopped there. With this I can agree.

I think an apology to Carcosa is also in order, considering the following:

Corto Maltese said:

Since your responses are the only ones that have come across as quite emotional. I do think that if you strongly and consistently practice the breathing exercises, you might begin to get handle on what seems to (still) be driving you. You're the only one who can change that, CM, so it seems a good time to do it!

Back
Top Bottom