Serpent symbolism?

Polperro

The Force is Strong With This One
So this is a question I have been trying to research for a while now, the symbolism of the snake is everywhere In all cultures, we find its symbolism in regard to Gods, Wisdom, and Mother Nature, we defeat the evil serpent in regards Apollo or Jesus, we think of evil like satan or Marduk but we also appreciate the serpent through Thoth/Quetzalcoatl in regards healing and wisdom. Others say through ayahuasca they encounter the safety of the serpent. Then we have all the ancient sites with snakes in high or low relief, with the extra connotation it may be a comet instead? or of course perhaps lizzies are the hidden meaning, or the secret society of the serpent brotherhood, but again we aren’t sure if that’s purely Lizzie territory right?
ultimately I’m just not sure, it could be a mixture of reasons for its use, and I’m trying to tie it up into a nice narrative, either way I couldn’t find much and I assumed it’s been asked? so if anyone can help guide me to what I’ve missed?

I did find the Sep 30th 1994 transcript where there is this note at the bottom regarding serpents….

From The Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop, which is a rant against Catholicism, which, in the process of demolishing he also manages to demolish Christianity altogether, though that was not his intent, we find the following:

"Baal-abirin signified The Winged One. ...Now, the understanding of this equivocal sense of Baal-aberin can alone explain the remarkable statement of Aristophanes, that at the beginning of the world, 'the birds were first created, and then after their creation, came the race of the blessed immortal gods. ...Let it only be borne in mind that 'the birds' - that is, the 'winged ones,' - symbolized 'the Lords of the mighty ones.' In the Polynesian story the heavens and earth are said to have been 'bound together with cords,' and the 'severing' of these cords is said to have been effected by myriads of 'dragon-flies,' which, with their 'wings,' bore an important share in the great work. The deified 'mighty ones' were often represented as winged serpents.... There is hardly a people or kindred on earth in whose mythology the overcoming of a vile, serpentine oppressor is not shadowed forth. The Greeks represented their great god Apollo as slaying the serpent Pytho, and Hercules as strangling serpents while yet in his cradle. In Egypt, in India, in Scandinavia, in Mexico, we find clear allusions to the same great truth. The evil genius of the adversaries of the Egyptian god Horus is frequently figured under the form of a snake, whose head he is seen piercing with a spear."

All over the world, from time immemorial, gods have been represented with scales. Most analysts have interpreted this to be a symbolic representation of the "powers" of the gods. Or the "wisdom" of the serpent. But why a serpent would acquire any kind of cachet as wise simply does not compute in any way, shape or form. How do we explain the ubiquitous presence of a serpent race on earth? Perhaps it is because at one time, or at various times, and even still, they are present in our realm, but as hyperdimensional beings; the secret Control System that owns Earth.

I am curious if the Cs have mentioned it and I have missed the answer? Or if anyone has any extra research?

thanks in advance

I am curious if the Cs have mentioned it and I have missed the answer? Or if anyone has any extra research?
I think it has different meanings at different times at different locations.
  • 309K years ago : falling to Lizards temptation.
  • Lizards influencing societies over time: ex: Atlantean times, Mohenjo-Daro and Angkor Wat etc.
  • moving rocks (comets in sky), Falls rocks(meteors) that became visible periodically , scaring people
Priests (and rulers) aka script writers who has the responsibility to guide the masses during the time of cosmic changes, overlapped all these into stories and rituals.

All over the world, from time immemorial, gods have been represented with scales.
How so? Snakes/Serpents may have scales but not all scales are on snakes/serpents. We associated scales with reptiles as those are the creatures that normally appear with them as we see it.

Another food for thought, what's the difference between snakes and serpent? Why do we interchange the two? Is there any meaning lost when doing so? There was an article I ran across a couple years back that talked about migration path of eels. Eels are also serpent like, with different scales than snakes but not visually the same. What stuck out the most to me was the destination of the eel's migration, here's a BBC article (not the original one I found but it will do):
The life cycle of the eel has long puzzled scientists.

Even the Greek philosopher Aristotle pondered the question of where eels came from, deciding that they sprang up spontaneously from the mud.

Almost 100 years ago, it was discovered that their destination was the Sargasso Sea, in the western Atlantic near the Bahamas.

This led to the assumption that all eels took the shortest and quickest route across the ocean from freshwater rivers and streams.

"What we've found is that [some] eels actually take a more convoluted route to the Sargasso Sea," said Dr Righton.

"We propose that eels probably have a strategy that enables some eels to arrive in a very short period of time but others to take a longer, more meandering journey and perhaps arrive up to a year later and spawn in the subsequent seasons."
This was one of the locations I had in mind for the city of Atlantis. One discussion thread was speculating if eels were a potential exclusive food source for Atlantis if the city was located near the Sargasso Sea, and could have been symbolism that represented Atlantis as their banner or crest. Unfortunately, I don't have a link for this discussion thread as this was before I found out how important it was to keep track of where information is sourced from :nuts:

Now, I'm not saying it was certainly eels instead of snakes. But, this is would be an potential example where the origin of a symbol may be lost to time due to how changes affect culture over the rise and fall of civilizations. Maybe even dramatic shifts of the earth, where the visual landscape is changed and whatever the origin of the symbol may not be there anymore. What I'm trying to get at is the word itself can be used as a clue in of itself, but it will definitely change the trajectory of where the search goes on who's giving the definition! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom