Seizure in cats ?

Thanks for the page Keit. If it was indeed a seizure, it looks like the "myoclonic seizure". The cat behaves normally since, so fingers crossed! I hope it was nothing more than a big fear of both ends (him and ours!), maybe time will tell :huh:

@Heather yes, I immediately thought of it and it makes sense but there were no insects around. And even if we hadn't spotted one, my other cat, who is an harsh hunter, even indoor, would have. No midge escape her!

So the cat got his check-up by the vet today. She doesn't think it's something cerebral. She did find some lack of potassium (and gave supplements for that) and also something with the liver which in her opinion could have caused an unbalance, and gave pills for that too (clavaseptin), but it's treatable. Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything more precise since it's my husband who went to the vet and he's bad with all medical terms...

She did find some lack of potassium (and gave supplements for that)

It's good that you went to the vet. 👍 Hypokalemia or hypopotassemia can be presented with ventroflexion, like in the picture, but can also be presented with other symptoms, including neurological ones and muscle weakness, etc., depends on the level of deficiency.

Clavaseptin is an antibiotic, so I guess your cat has an infection. Hopefully his kidney levels were checked as well, and are ok.

Wish you and your kitty a lot of good luck. :flowers:

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Maat, je viens juste de prendre connaissance des misères de ton chat... J'espère que le traitement lui fait du bien et qu'il se porte beaucoup mieux... Quel est son nom ?... Je peux l'ajouter à ma liste pour prier pour Lui, si tu es d'accord, mets une photo... Je vous embrasse tous les deux... Love

Maat, I just heard about your cat's misery... I hope the treatment is doing him good and he's doing much better... What's his name?... I can add it to my list to pray for Him, if you agree, put a photo... I kiss you both... Love

It's good that you went to the vet. 👍 Hypokalemia or hypopotassemia can be presented with ventroflexion, like in the picture, but can also be presented with other symptoms, including neurological ones and muscle weakness, etc., depends on the level of deficiency.

Clavaseptin is an antibiotic, so I guess your cat has an infection. Hopefully his kidney levels were checked as well, and are ok.

Wish you and your kitty a lot of good luck. :flowers:

Thanks Keit. The kidney were checked too, and she counselled some specialized food. Anyway, we must get the cat back to the vet in one month in other to check again after the treatment she gave.

Maat, je viens juste de prendre connaissance des misères de ton chat... J'espère que le traitement lui fait du bien et qu'il se porte beaucoup mieux... Quel est son nom ?... Je peux l'ajouter à ma liste pour prier pour Lui, si tu es d'accord, mets une photo... Je vous embrasse tous les deux... Love

Maat, I just heard about your cat's misery... I hope the treatment is doing him good and he's doing much better... What's his name?... I can add it to my list to pray for Him, if you agree, put a photo... I kiss you both... Love

Thanks for your concern Perlou. His name is Mystic. He behaves totally normally since this little "crisis", hopefully. Here is a picture if you want to pray for him, it's the white and grey cat (the other one, it's Lily)

1591808448340.jpeg

Thank you again:hug2:

Comme ils sont beaux tous les deux, Mystic est dans ma liste de prières pour les petits amours...
Merci pour les nouvelles et n'hésite pas à en donner d'autres...
J'avais une petite York qui s'appelait Lily qui nous a quittés le 26/06/2012, Elle avait 11 ans d'un hémangiosarcome...

Since they're both beautiful, Mystic is on my prayer list for little loves...
Thank you for the news and don't hesitate to give others...
I had a little York girl named Lily who passed away on June 26th, 2012, She was 11 years old with a hemangiosarcoma...

Belle et longue vie à Lui... Profitez bien de ce petit ange...

Thanks for the good news... Long and beautiful life to Him... Enjoy this little angel...

One time in the vet I saw a dog have seizure and he was walking around in circle and hitting the wall. In fact, he was behaving like that because he had eaten a bee. nothing cerebral !

Back
Top Bottom