Search function down?

T.C. said:
Anyone else having trouble with the search function?

T.C.

Juhp same here, whenever I typ something in the search bar, I get this error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator

What's wrong with the Search pages???

For about a week now, I have tried searching different subjects at Cassiopaea, Adventures, Ark's pages, SOT. I get a message that either the page is no longer there or there is a technical problem. I have used different browswers, Mozilla's Firefox and IE 7.0.6. How may I search for Tony Smith, and other subjects?

Here is the exact message:
The page you are looking for could not be found.
Either the page no longer exists on the site, or there are technical problems.
If there is a technical problem, we have been notified automatically and will address the issue shortly.

- To continue browsing SOTT.net, click here.

Re: What's wrong with the Search pages???

Sometimes, I get the same message. Other times the search works fine. I wonder what is up with that.

Looks like it's still happening. Also when I click on the links on the www.cassiopaea.com website for Quantum Future School, Quantum Future School Journal, and Cassiopaea Library I get the following message using the Mozilla Foxfire browser:

Not Found
The requested URL /qfs/index.html was not found on this server.

and using IE 7.0.6 I get:

The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 404
Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I too have been having trouble off and on with the site Search thing for a long time. I have posted a number of times things that were already under discussion, yet it did Not show up on the Search even though I tried using a number of different Key words, phrases, techniques, quotes.

Sometimes I just Knew the topic, or name, vid Must be something already being discussed because of its Importance and yet I could find Nothing. Then I would get a note from one of the Moderators or someone else telling me that indeed it's already out there.

Because of the that I tend to now say something upfront to the effect that I couldn't find anything about this topic, or I hope I'm not duplicating an article or Vida just in case it's already there. :)

Back
Top Bottom