SciFi and CG Renders

@s1mpleman Thank you very much! Yes, I have done all that from modeling it in Solidworks, and going the unconventional ways (thinking outside the box). And indeed I have also 3D printed everything. 😁

Attachments

• AES 2022-02-28 105228.jpg
    AES 2022-02-28 105228.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220221_202720.jpg
    IMG_20220221_202720.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220221_202728.jpg
    IMG_20220221_202728.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220228_104402.jpg
    IMG_20220228_104402.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
@s1mpleman Thank you very much! Yes, I have done all that from modeling it in Solidworks, and going the unconventional ways (thinking outside the box). And indeed I have also 3D printed everything. 😁

Those are some clean prints. No post processing? Looks like you've got it nicely tuned regardless.

I have 4 at home myself but I've not had chance to get them printing since early 2021 when I got my dog. Did wonder if anyone else here had some. It's been an interesting hobby for myself as I've learnt all sorts about electrical and mechanical engieering.

@s1mpleman

Post processing, it depends. The larger the part the easier it is to remove supports or to have to sand or not. In this particular case I don't sand it and the supports are relatively easy to remove. Yes, of course there is a lot of work done in the setup and calibration of both the 3D model and the printer.

I currently have 2 printers. A small one of 15x15cm and another one of 20x20cm.

I've been doing this since 2018, with the intention of making these models / prototypes, refining them and then taking them to CNC and from there creating the tooling for injection. I wanted to make my own line of toys, but the economy in my country does not play in favor of the small entrepreneur in this type of industry.

Yes, there are many people here who print and have incredible models, but they don't leave that place. Instead, to live and pay the bills, in the end we resorted to creating the model and selling the files on some platform. But that's not enough either. (Not particularly this one, but modeling pop culture objects).

I had patented the model you see (it must be about to expire) and even patented my own brand, and write - create a story and characters. But... fate, the universe has other things in mind.

Anyway, I keep working on it, adding things, improving it. I don't know. I'm foolishly hoping that someone in the future will find it and I can do something with it.

Post processing, it depends. The larger the part the easier it is to remove supports or to have to sand or not. In this particular case I don't sand it and the supports are relatively easy to remove. Yes, of course there is a lot of work done in the setup and calibration of both the 3D model and the printer.

I currently have 2 printers. A small one of 15x15cm and another one of 20x20cm.

I have many battle scar's from removing supports :lol: as I have been printing since around 2016 myself.

I had to ask because of how clean they came off the printer and I wasn't 100% sure if you had post processed them or not! I agree there is no need to post process those parts as they came out really nice.
I've been doing this since 2018, with the intention of making these models / prototypes, refining them and then taking them to CNC and from there creating the tooling for injection. I wanted to make my own line of toys, but the economy in my country does not play in favor of the small entrepreneur in this type of industry.

Yes, there are many people here who print and have incredible models, but they don't leave that place. Instead, to live and pay the bills, in the end we resorted to creating the model and selling the files on some platform. But that's not enough either. (Not particularly this one, but modeling pop culture objects).

I had patented the model you see (it must be about to expire) and even patented my own brand, and write - create a story and characters. But... fate, the universe has other things in mind.

That is a lovely goal and I hope you all the best in your endeavour.

I also appolgise for been mis-leading because I was meaning that I had wondered if there were any other forum members 3d printing, but that question was answered already by your original post!

Thank you for the extra information though it was enlightening to the situation your up against. It's sad and I agree, I do often see some wonderful models out and around the internet and it's a shame to see how little they are compensated for their works of art.
Anyway, I keep working on it, adding things, improving it. I don't know. I'm foolishly hoping that someone in the future will find it and I can do something with it.

Your last commented reminded me of what the C's said about Noah.
Q: (L) Yet Noah built an ark. Was it true that certain individuals, whoever they were, built boats or did things to survive that terrible cataclysm?

A: No. Look at it this way. Noah built a boat because it seemed like an enjoyable enterprise and when the flood came it came in handy, see?

Maybe one day your endeavour will come in handy :-) and I do not think it is foolish to do what we enjoy and hope for the best.

I started to write an application some 3 or 4 years ago that connects to the 3d printing web interface OctoPrint and allows for controlling multiple 3d printer from one website. I had no intention of it taking off like it has done, I just enjoyed learning to program computers and saving myself time with controlling the 2 3d printers I had at the time, but here I am with maybe a possible new job offer because of it.

I have many battle scar's from removing supports :lol: as I have been printing since around 2016 myself.

I had to ask because of how clean they came off the printer and I wasn't 100% sure if you had post processed them or not! I agree there is no need to post process those parts as they came out really nice.

That is a lovely goal and I hope you all the best in your endeavour.

I also appolgise for been mis-leading because I was meaning that I had wondered if there were any other forum members 3d printing, but that question was answered already by your original post!

Thank you for the extra information though it was enlightening to the situation your up against. It's sad and I agree, I do often see some wonderful models out and around the internet and it's a shame to see how little they are compensated for their works of art.

Your last commented reminded me of what the C's said about Noah.

Maybe one day your endeavour will come in handy :-) and I do not think it is foolish to do what we enjoy and hope for the best.

I started to write an application some 3 or 4 years ago that connects to the 3d printing web interface OctoPrint and allows for controlling multiple 3d printer from one website. I had no intention of it taking off like it has done, I just enjoyed learning to program computers and saving myself time with controlling the 2 3d printers I had at the time, but here I am with maybe a possible new job offer because of it.
got my first one few weeks ago, to justify it i was eyeing a drill press and a DIY one costed 1/5 of the price with printed parts, it already saved me money on other things too. I was amazed by the potential was browsing a marketplace yesterday and there's good demand from functional thingies to mini sculptures..

I don't know anything about print farms seems like it's only for businesses but it's interesting

I'm also amazed at how little people care about their health melting plastics in open air when there are studies from a decade ago showing the risks not just VOCs but nanoplastics, a closed case and hepa filter/recirculation is a must..there are good models available for free

as for tinkering i changed the firmware couple days ago on mine ran some calibration it's printing faster got the web interface up with a rpi i had laying around, what's up with the rpi prices btw? it's ridiculous

oh if someone has files for a caesar bust pm me ok 🥺

I don't know anything about print farms seems like it's only for businesses but it's interesting

Some people resort to this business model, but it is usually when some 3D model reaches a certain degree of popularity and is in high demand. Also if you have a varied customer base, ranging from the individual user who asks for a figure, or a small company that needs a rapid prototype.

I'm also amazed at how little people care about their health melting plastics in open air when there are studies from a decade ago showing the risks not just VOCs but nanoplastics, a closed case and hepa filter/recirculation is a must..there are good models available for free

That is true, although that is for some materials. I'm not saying that there are 100% safe plastics, but for example you can work with PETg and to some extent the material is suitable for use with food (I wouldn't recommend it for that anyway). ABS is toxic and you should use a closed cabinet. For those who are just starting with 3D printing the basics is to use PLA and then going up the level, use PETg which has the good of PLA and ABS in strength and durability and does not have the problem of toxic fumes of ABS. Even so, always use a ventilated environment.

oh if someone has files for a caesar bust pm me ok

Have you already looked on thingiverse? There are free models there.

Look:

That is true, although that is for some materials. I'm not saying that there are 100% safe plastics, but for example you can work with PETg and to some extent the material is suitable for use with food (I wouldn't recommend it for that anyway). ABS is toxic and you should use a closed cabinet. For those who are just starting with 3D printing the basics is to use PLA and then going up the level, use PETg which has the good of PLA and ABS in strength and durability and does not have the problem of toxic fumes of ABS. Even so, always use a ventilated environment.

Have you already looked on thingiverse? There are free models there.

Look:

yeah i was hoping to find an Arles version but it seems not available on a dozen sites i´ve searched, good opportunity to make one if you have organic modeling skills or a bust you can scan

toxicity i am thinking not just VOCs, which we are exposed everyday in cities anyway but nanoparticles, plastics in general start shedding a lot whenever heated or scrubbed so they shouldn't be anywhere near food ...

Some people resort to this business model, but it is usually when some 3D model reaches a certain degree of popularity and is in high demand. Also if you have a varied customer base, ranging from the individual user who asks for a figure, or a small company that needs a rapid prototype.

a cool business is craftcloud where anyone can request a custom model of whatever material, but i think it's US based and for bigger farms

FSXcrVuUcAAR2Zf
FR32x5kaQAAlEjW
Some new art.

Latest work. I am still experimenting with other 3D rendering techniques and making a collage that is harmonious in the overall image, with respect to the lights and shadows as used in anime.

Attachments

• Collage 37 v1.png
    Collage 37 v1.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
  • Collage 38.png
    Collage 38.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
More experiments. In one of the images (the window and the two characters) the background is completely drawn in photoshop.

Attachments

• AES-01 Pilots Training..png
    AES-01 Pilots Training..png
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • Collage 39 v1.png
    Collage 39 v1.png
    10 MB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom