"Scientists Say They've Found a Code Beyond Genetics in DNA"

Y

Youngfox

Researchers believe they have found a second code in DNA in addition to the genetic code.

The genetic code specifies all the proteins that a cell makes. The second code, superimposed on the first, sets the placement of the nucleosomes, miniature protein spools around which the DNA is looped. The spools both protect and control access to the DNA itself.

The discovery, if confirmed, could open new insights into the higher order control of the genes, like the critical but still mysterious process by which each type of human cell is allowed to activate the genes it needs but cannot access the genes used by other types of cell.

The new code is described in the current issue of Nature by Eran Segal of the Weizmann Institute in Israel and Jonathan Widom of Northwestern University in Illinois and their colleagues.

There are about 30 million nucleosomes in each human cell. So many are needed because the DNA strand wraps around each one only 1.65 times, in a twist containing 147 of its units, and the DNA molecule in a single chromosome can be up to 225 million units in length.

Biologists have suspected for years that some positions on the DNA, notably those where it bends most easily, might be more favorable for nucleosomes than others, but no overall pattern was apparent. Drs. Segal and Widom analyzed the sequence at some 200 sites in the yeast genome where nucleosomes are known to bind, and discovered that there is indeed a hidden pattern.
because the NYT sucks and drops links here is a permalink on Digg

supercoiling... I may be well out of topic here, for a long time i wondered why ancient russian alphabet called Vceyasvetnaya gramota (whole-world literacy, actually word "gramota" has several meanings in russian) had exactly 147 letters ... Interesting enough connection indeed may be! Each letter of this ancient russian "gramota" seem to indicate not only a sound, but also a meaning and the meaning of each letter creates so-called field of sound form which could be presented as an EM? field prompt for resonance with other like fields. In such way "words-forms" are created. Sentenses are more complex fields based on synthesis (merging in one) of neighbouring word-forms. So, when we utter a word, we are forming an unseen thought-form and this thought-form is cooling and progressively "materializing" in our reality or, on contrary, is headed towards higher planes. Actually it's quite interesting.

Full Nature-advance on-line publication text here http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature04979.html
Nature advance online publication 19 July 2006 | doi:10.1038/nature04979; Received 16 March 2006; Accepted 14 June 2006; Published online 19 July 2006

A genomic code for nucleosome positioning
Eran Segal1, Yvonne Fondufe-Mittendorf2, Lingyi Chen2, AnnChristine Th

147 bp = nucleosome unit
147 letters = 64 schrift + 83 upper- and underschrift
147=(3+5)x(3+5)+(3+5)x(5+5)+3

SVeT=MiR=PeaCe
SVeT (light and World=MiR) - MiR(world AND PeaCe - Percy?) - MaRe - aMORe - MoRTe - MaRa (sanscrit-death) - sMeRT' (rus-death) - marr (arabic - passing, transit, traversal)
SVeT - SVyaT (holy, SaiNT)

Keit, if you will be reading this, could you please write hebrew words with phonetic roots SVT and MR(T), please? What are sounds / hebrew letters for 3 and 5?
What are hebrew for knowledge, light, holy? May be i just need english-hebrew dictionary.

Why ends of DNA molecule are labelled as 5'-3' and not in any other way, like A-Z or A-B or 1-2 or 1-0? Author(s) of labelling idea are Crick (and) Watson, aren't they? Or someone else?
Prime rib, prime numbers, 3-5 significance - C's: 11-11-95.

Sorry, everybody, like my mother said yesterday when we were eating and she asked me: you are not here, what are you thinking about all the time? - there should be a connection among (unified) field theory, DNA code and Vseyasvetnaya gramota as a 1-dimentional projection of 3-d objects/letters. "Geometry gets you there, algebra set's you free". Mother said i'm going insane. One question to Laura on SH and I'm going off forum to activate a brain first.

Back
Top Bottom