Say Cheese! (Work in progress)

PERLOU said:
Si ce n'est pas du vrai fromage, est ce du fromage végétarien ?...

If this is not real cheese, vegetarian cheese is this? ...

The ingredients include butter and eggs, so no not vegetarian.
Vegetarian cheese tends to use deactivated yeast powder (rather than onion powder), which is a great cheesy flavor but full of MSG if I remember correctly.

Merci RED FOX pour ces précisions...

RED FOX thank you for that clarification ...

Looks good, but where do you find cheesy tasting tapioca, and where would the flavor come from?

davey72 said:
Looks good, but where do you find cheesy tasting tapioca, and where would the flavor come from?

That I'm not sure. Some tapioca flour just seems to taste cheesy, but it's not needed.
The flavor comes from the onion powder.

Omg! I've been dying to make bacon wrapped cordon blue in the oven, but I haven't because I couldn't find anything to substitute the cheese with ; and cordon blue isn't cordon blue without the cheese - so excited to make it now! ^^

RedFox said:
PERLOU said:
Si ce n'est pas du vrai fromage, est ce du fromage végétarien ?...

If this is not real cheese, vegetarian cheese is this? ...

The ingredients include butter and eggs, so no not vegetarian.
Vegetarian cheese tends to use deactivated yeast powder (rather than onion powder), which is a great cheesy flavor but full of MSG if I remember correctly.

You may have meant vegan.

Vegetarians eat butter and eggs. fwiw.

Thanks RedFox for the recipes made a pizza tonight using this cheese recipe and your no tomato sauce recipe
it was really nice i have chicken wings in the fridge marinating in the sauce tomorrow ill cover with cheese and cook it :) :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom