Saved Fiona from drowning this morning.

Laurentien2

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
We almost lost Fiona, our 13 years old Labrador, this morning. Like most days of the week, we took her for her morning walk and swim in a forest lake. She was as usual very happy to go swimming, took the path to the lake and was running up and down the trail in front of us as if to tell us to hurry. Since last year, I don’t take her up the mountain path but we stay on the lower part of the forest avoiding steep climb as she is too old. She enjoy swimming the most and since she developed problem with her articulation the vet said that it was a good exercise for her, less damaging than walking.

So everything was as usual this morning, nature always stimulate her, give her energy and strength. I took precaution this year by not throwing her stick too far and luckily my wife remembered this morning otherwise Fiona would have drown.

I don’t kwon what happened, I wasn’t looking when my wife threw the first stick for Fiona, I just heard my wife say that Fiona was coming back without her stick. I turned and immediately saw that something was wrong, I saw panic in Fiona eyes and saw her going under and back to the surface. I was up and running and cut her as she was going under the second time in about 5 feet of water. She wasn’t paddling anymore just drowning. Grabbed her collar and brought her head to the surface and pulled her out to the lake. I pushed on her thorax and stomach to make her empty her lung, she was breathing with difficulty and we thought that she wouldn’t survive. I lost track of time, I don’t know for how long she lay on her side fighting to get air in her lung. My wife volunteered to go get our vehicle maybe a km away. She did but first she helped me lift Fiona as I thought that this will help empty the water in her lungs and it did with pressure on her stomach. She vomited some more and seemed to get more air to her lung. After my wife as left, I let Fiona regains some strength sitting for a few minute and then encouraged her to stand on all four leg and try to walk. It helped her to empty some more water from her lung and regain some strength. She then took some step toward the path back the way we came and I just followed her as she made her way on the trail. Slowly she walked back to the forest road the closest our vehicle can get and walked until I saw the FJ coming up. By that time her breathing as improved a lot almost back to normal. I lifted her in the truck and we brought her back home so I may change cloth before going to the vet. Unfortunately our vet couldn’t take us today and any other as far as Montreal 70 km away.

I think she will be ok. She is in shock shaking but her breathing is normal. I stayed with her to calm her and now she is sleeping. I check on her every few minute, I think that she will recuperate. It was a close call.

I know that I will lose her eventually; I started to prepare myself emotionally for when the day will come when she can no longer be my best companion. One of the reason I prefer not working since last year is to be home for her. I know that without her daily walk and daily immersion in nature she will lose her strength and will to live. If I can give her some more good time and affection for some more months, whatever I am loosing doing so will ever be a small price to repay the affection and companionship that she gave me for all her life.

oh my, that must have been terrifying, for you and poor Fiona!

Glad to read the update on her health, and yes I would agree with a visit to the vet to make sure that there wasn't any damage to her lungs that might cause problems in the future.

Uf, what a terrible situation but you acted with good sense and fast. You saved her. I am happy that she is ok now. Sleeping is good medicine for her. I wish she will be with you some more years, in this beautiful relation you have together.

I don’t kwon what happened, I wasn’t looking when my wife threw the first stick for Fiona, I just heard my wife say that Fiona was coming back without her stick. I turned and immediately saw that something was wrong, I saw panic in Fiona eyes and saw her going under and back to the surface.
That reminded me of a SOTT article in which they explain that drowning does not look like drowning. The article mentions children, but it could easily apply to dogs as well. You recognised the signs and acted upon them and that's admirable.

Drowning is almost always a deceptively quiet event. The waving, splashing, and yelling that dramatic conditioning (television) prepares us to look for is rarely seen in real life.

I hope Fiona will be fine. Did she tremble and shake by any chance, ridding herself of the shock? When my dog ran into a car (luckily the car was driving very slowly) she trembled and shook for some time. Perhaps in this case it is different because Fiona had to struggle for breath. I am not an expert, but I wanted to mention it.

Thank you all for your kind word. Fiona had a good night sleep but still hasn’t eaten. She ate grass when I took her out earlier a symptom of digestive problem; they are not unusual at her age they happen sometime. She probably swallowed a lot of water yesterday as well which may be the cause.

I hope Fiona will be fine. Did she tremble and shake by any chance, ridding herself of the shock?
Yes she did for many hours yesterday and as is often the case with dog under shock or pain, they seek solitude. Letting her sleep helped a lot and by late afternoon she was calmer and less evading.

The first 3 signs of drowning in the article,

• Head low in the water, mouth at water level
  • Head tilted back with mouth open
  • Eyes glassy and empty, unable to focus
Probably describe what triggered my fast reaction, I knew immediately that she was in distress but as for human there was no cry for help just the silent struggle to keep her head out of the water and breath.

I know that I will lose her eventually; I started to prepare myself emotionally for when the day will come when she can no longer be my best companion. One of the reason I prefer not working since last year is to be home for her. I know that without her daily walk and daily immersion in nature she will lose her strength and will to live. If I can give her some more good time and affection for some more months, whatever I am loosing doing so will ever be a small price to repay the affection and companionship that she gave me for all her life.
@Laurentien2, I strongly recommend you try Carbon 60 for Fiona, which is having amazing results both anecdotally among pet owners (and in humans who take it), and in animal studies, where rats' longevity was increased by 90%.

I just ordered some for my kitty as well as myself and my husband. Purple Power is one of the good companies producing products with C60. It's not cheap, but you can start with 2 oz bottles. Make sure you start an account and they will email you a code for a 10% discount.

You can research Carbon 60 further at the site and elsewhere. Purple Power has very helpful Youtube videos as well. According to comments at the site, pets who were on the way out were turned around thanks to Carbon 60.

Actually, here's an ebook they just emailed me:

Purple Power uses avocado oil, virgin olive oil and coconut oil as carriers. I'm trying avocado oil for my cat since it's milder.

Note: good to take Carbon 60 related to SARS-CoV-2 as well as being exposed to the vaccinated since it has a quieting effect on cytokine storms. Clif High, an interesting commentator on Bitchute who I've been listening to lately, feels it will help the vaccinated and unvaccinated detox spike proteins and mRNA. He's the one who recommended Purple Power in particular. You can tell at their website that they're a very conscientious company.

I hope Fiona continues to improve. She had a real scare, and that can rattle one's nerves for some time afterwards. 🌷

I strongly recommend you try Carbon 60 for Fiona, which is having amazing results both anecdotally among pet owners (and in humans who take it), and in animal studies, where rats' longevity was increased by 90%.

Thanks Heather I will check it out.

We think that fiona may have been victim of a stroke yesterday so, a visit to the vet tomorrow for a good check-up is the first step.

What a scary thing to happen! I am so glad you were able to remain calm enough to get Fiona out of the water and help her get the water out of her lungs. Let us hope that she will get better and have some appetite for food soon.

En lisant les mésaventures de Fiona, j'ai cru que mon coeur allait s'arrêter de battre...
Prenez bien soin d'elle, je vais la mettre dans mes prières et pensées... LOVE

When I read about Fiona's misadventures, I thought my heart would stop beating...
Take good care of her, I will put her in my prayers and thoughts... LOVE

All my best wishes to Fiona. Make sure that the doc checks her first thing in the morning, I have read stories of people who seemed fine after being rescued from the water, but they actually still had water in their lungs and a day later passed because they were actually still drowning. It is imperative that the doctor checks her lungs asap. My prayers are with her and your family.

Back
Top Bottom