Satsang with Mooji- The recognition and direct experience of being

waasekom

The Force is Strong With This One
I found this site through the late Papaji, whose wisdom has guided me into a depth I had previously been conditioned to forget.

Satsang is the invitation to step into the fire of self-discovery. This fire will not burn you, it will only burn what you are not

Mooji is a direct disciple of Sri Harilal Poonja (Papaji), whose master is the renowned Sri Ramana Maharshi, the 'Sage of Arunachala.'

Mooji lives in Brixton, London. Since 1999, in response to the heart call of seekers worldwide, he travels frequently and widely, urged by his love for truth. With skill and compassion he pulls apart the curtains of ignorance veiling the true Self---expounding, clarifying and demonstrating the non-dual truth of Advaita from the authority of his own direct experience. His love, presence and pointing reveals and makes obvious the truth that we are already the timeless and perfect Being we seek

_http://mooji.org/

His friends who manage the site have brilliantly posted and stream satsangs from his retreat just finished in India. He also answers some questions sent in by seekers, worldwide.
I've just discovered this guy and the messages contain a quality sort of indescribable for the moment. I would like to share this here, because it has helped me in some form or other, in a very subtle way, more real than a propaganda qualifier. I don't know, perhaps it can be of some use to You?

Miigwech.

A couple of beautiful quotes made by my friend Mooji

"There is an intuitive knowing within us that we are eternal but this gets covered over
with the noise we create while identifying with the impermanent."

~

"We are identifying with what is passing so fear comes.

We are trying to make steady and permanent what is by nature impermanent."

Another

Actually, being what you are is the simplest.
What is difficult is to stop being what you are not.

Because we wish to keep hold of our attachments.

Freedom is to be free of attachments

and the main attachment is to the ‘I’-self."

Enjoy the messages, they are raw and intimate. Consider for a moment, if you will, disappearing into an unknown, the very unknown we are created from. Letting go of the attachments has been hard, so is removing the identities I associate myself with. It wasn't until a subtle presence filled my entire existence that I began to realize who I actually am. Which is Pure Consciousness itself. Once you think a thought, hold or identify onto something it slips from the recognition of true beingness. I have no words to describe what it is like to just be in the presence of who you are. Maybe this wisdom carried down the generational lines, that are separate from the constructs of the mind, may help you in finding a space in which peace can find you.

Love, W.

Hi waasekom

Please don't take any offence but most of it seems like happy love & light talk and at times a tasty word salad. Any self-proclaimed guru or spiritual teacher/organisation who refuses to discuss crucial topics such as psychopathy, Aliens, UFOs, the High Strangeness, Earth Changes, Global Mind control, secret governments, Diet and health, Negative emotions, thought centres and other various topics discussed on the forum is nothing but a fraud, period. They have been setup or allowed to continue preaching their false teachings is to blind and lead masses of people astray.

With the current state of affairs, we human beings find ourselves on this planet, it's high time to start thinking about survival and cleaning our internal machine and run away as far as possible from satsangs. Spend some time at the forum and you'll learn a lot and everything will begin to make sense.

Have a look at these threads to get a better perspective -
"Darkness over India" - Amma, the Hugging Saint, aka Mata Amritanadamayi
Swami Nityananda: Fraudster, Spiritual and Sexual Predator, A psychopath?
UG Krishnamurti
The New Age 'Enlightenment Business' (Deeksha Oneness)

-Sid

No offense taken, because there was no offense committed. My question to you is what will become when 'high-strangenes', etc, passes as everything else does? What else is there that already is?
Did you take time out of your searches to 'hear' those messages there. You, by your investment to those things is what perpetuates it. I am in place where there is no conflict, how is this possible? My own mind cannot fathom why, or how... It is by no means from an association with 'Love and Light' or 'Spiritual Guru.' or any other construct, conceptual structure or ideology. It is knowledge of being. It is through a piece of myself separate from my own created constructs and projections.

psychopathy, Aliens, UFOs, the High Strangeness, Earth Changes, Global Mind control, secret governments, Diet and health, Negative emotions, thought centres and other various topics discussed on the forum is nothing but a fraud, period
Is it possible that we are already in a perilious state, in that we do not recognize who we are that is separate from these things mentioned above?

Earth Changes,
Also; we are metaphorically and literally the Earth, so if the Earth is in constant motion, so are we. Nothing in this life stays unchanging, except the unknown, which is truth, which is the permeation of life, which is pure consciousness. If you have no direct experience of being (or you've been conditioned otherwise) you would not know.

They have been setup or allowed to continue preaching their false teachings is to blind and lead masses of people astray.

They? Who, all of them? Inclusive or Exclusive to whom? Just because pathology exists in many forms and in many structures doesn't mean they are all like that. Besides where are they leading astray to? To project, to live outside your Being. Pointing your finger is the face of cancer. Mooji is pointing You inward, to the imageless that you are. Nothing significant can be done by only projecting on the exterior planes of existence, which you would know if you knew who you really are.

With the current state of affairs, we human beings find ourselves on this planet

BTW, the current state of affairs correlates with the constructs of the mind, how assume the space around us, or 'how we deal with things', individually or collectively. Could it be that, that which created everything can turn what is 'apparently' cancerous into something of healing porportions?
and it is our BEING that is important, and the is where there is direct infusion of knowledge from that which doesn't change.

I will read those threads, but it doesn't matter if that man is a pyschopath or not, I don't need to prove anything in regard to the message.

Perhaps you'll find this enlightening
Apparently the one the was called Jesus, apparently said when he was asked 'are you the king of kings' he replied 'you say I am' So it doesn't matter about the title, image, role or whatever, it is the message that was important. Whether this is a disqualifier or not, I am sure there is a piece within the very core of your being that is silent, only observing. Who sees that one who observes? I invite you to discover that, for that is who you really are.

Anything that you can disqualify within your beingness, then please disregard it. If you understand metaphoric reality, then you will know what is written herein.

Miigwech, W.

please excuse my poor writing, In last paragraph more specifically.

apparently said when he was asked 'are you the king of kings' he replied 'you say I am'

to fix this I meant that when 'they' meaning the guards, asked him....

I will try to reference this.

Last I heard, Babaji was exposed as a sex fiend taking advantage of gullible followers with cheap tricks.

Waasekom, the snippets of teachings that you have referenced and the personal experiences that you have described can perhaps be said to belong to the category of mysticism which according to wikipedia is
[quote author=wikipedia]
... the pursuit of communion with, identity with, or conscious awareness of an ultimate reality, divinity, spiritual truth, or God through direct experience, intuition, instinct or insight.
[/quote]
You may want to take a look at this thread A study and critique of mysticism for an alternative viewpoint on the topic which does not involve any particular teacher.

[quote author=waasekom]
I am in place where there is no conflict, how is this possible? My own mind cannot fathom why, or how... It is by no means from an association with 'Love and Light' or 'Spiritual Guru.' or any other construct, conceptual structure or ideology. It is knowledge of being. It is through a piece of myself separate from my own created constructs and projections.
[/quote]
If you indeed are in a place where you do not suffer from any inner conflict and you are also unable to fathom the "why or how" of it except that "it is knowledge of being", then a pertinent question may be "what are you able to DO with this knowledge at present"?

I have read many accounts which are similar to what you have written from followers of some form of the Advaita (non-dual) or bhakti (devotional) schools - which is the source of the teachings you are referring to (Ramana->HWL Poonja -> Paul Moo-Young or Mooji). The stress is on pointing inward and discovering bliss inside and then sharing the experience of bliss with others, usually turning a blind eye to what constitutes reality for most people on 3D earth. This pattern is not new - in the context of the above mentioned schools of teaching, this trend has continued for more than a 1000 years in India though the transfer of such teachings to the western world is relatively new (<100 years). Now if you step back for a minute and let yourself look at the "fruits" that grow out of these teachings by considering the fact that millions have followed (or at least tried hard to follow) the same path at the exhortations of the mystics, what would you see? What I have seen growing up in that culture is that it largely renders people apathetic to the negative aspects of their reality and guess who benefits from this situation? High strangeness and pathology are not an illusion at the level of human existence and they are not "constructs of your mind" or "your own projection" at this level. And any teaching which fails to clearly bring this out is likely to be detrimental to the interests of normal people who are interested in spiritual growth in the STO direction.

Laura said:
Last I heard, Babaji was exposed as a sex fiend taking advantage of gullible followers with cheap tricks.

Babaji is the same as Papaji?

"what are you able to DO with this knowledge at present"?
When present in this state it is simple observing a presence, a subtle intuitive presence. What I am able to do, well whatever needs to be done, I suppose. Except that there is a presence that is observing the doer of those things. I don't want to sound pathological, but I am not so much as invested into physical things that used to take a lot of mental focus. It is easier, for some reason. This is a discovery, not something I heard, or read about... Although those messages contained on that site have helped in Realizing this presence.

The stress is on pointing inward and discovering bliss inside and then sharing the experience of bliss with others, usually turning a blind eye to what constitutes reality for most people on 3D earth
But we are not most people. I cannot represent anyone. What has been described as "Enlgihtenment" is our natural state of being, and when you are in the expression of who you really are, then well you see easy, the things around. Bliss is Ignorance, I was not describing bliss. I am talkin about a relation with a higher/or/ lower soruce depending on where you are preceiving reality from. All that is known in this paradigm that I operate from, is that it can change. The paradigm that I associate or identify with is able, from this knowing, to completely change. I cannot relay to you anything unless you can extract a metaphor from it.

Now if you step back for a minute and let yourself look at the "fruits" that grow out of these teachings by considering the fact that millions have followed (or at least tried hard to follow) the same path at the exhortations of the mystics, what would you see? What I have seen growing up in that culture is that it largely renders people apathetic to the negative aspects of their reality and guess who benefits from this situation?
Functioning within structure is still needed obviously, but yes when 'people' only focuss on the 'positive' or 'negative' aspects then they are susceptible to control on either side, is that not true? If I were to interpret your words as negative, then I would be obliged to answer in that way also, same it goes on the opposite side.

Yet those ones who followed these mystics, what expectations did they have? To whom did they rely on? The mystics? We cannot say, we can only quantify those millions of people into category, and deem them damned? what about those who could actually extract metaphor and learn something? Everything can be a lesson. You know, we are all students and the lessons cannot be greater than that which we really are. Which is consciousness recognizinig itself for what it is. Which is the main lesson.

High strangeness and pathology are not an illusion at the level of human existence and they are not "constructs of your mind" or "your own projection" at this level. And any teaching which fails to clearly bring this out is likely to be detrimental to the interests of normal people who are interested in spiritual growth in the STO direction.

Who are the normal people honestly, that in and of itself is an illusion and a projection. What constitutes or dictates normality? Who are we to decide those things? Obviously we are all conditioned in one way or another, so simply change the channel if you cannot see pathology for what it is, and if you can, you have the opportunity to be the teacher in that situation, but maybe it can also be said that you are the student when in the pathological position, but you wouldn't know, so it is an opportunity to recognize that which you are not. It cannot see what it is, so it is not YOU (or I or WE, yet it assumes those titles as well), and when we can observe who we really are? It is by investment, that pathology grows and 'apparently' is more real, but the image is an illusion also, which is what I was referring you to in the latter part of the last post. That would be known if it was observed without the minds interference which creates images that really have no image.

Lastly, written language is the lowest form of communication. So how in the world could anyone relay anything with any real meaning? How could anyone express what is occuring within them and have others understand? It cannot be done, because the language that we speak and write was a design and a construct created to this. That to me is high strangeness.

You may want to take a look at this thread A study and critique of mysticism for an alternative viewpoint on the topic which does not involve any particular teacher.

Miigwech for posting this. A good read indeed.

check this one out,

"The Last Half Hour"
Recorded 6th February, 2011

_http://mooji.org/livesatsang/

The video is about whether or not he is who he is, or what is claimed about him.

EDIT:

_http://mooji.org/livesatsang/

and excuse the singing if it is not your taste

Hi waasekom,

I find your posts to be curious indeed because they are essentially admonishing a Fourth Way group to stop identification and become aware of their being!

That’s like telling a working man that he needs to know that he needs money.

Pointing to yourself and a guru doesn’t really amount to much.

I just watched the first 13 or so minutes of the second to the last video you posted (sorry, I don't have 2 hours to view the whole thing).

What I watched was Mooji reading a letter from a member. He seemed to basically dismiss the person's issue which if I understood correctly were concerns over an uprising in Denmark. Mooji then went on to say that he didn't understand how such a letter could be written by someone who just came from visiting him. Mooji then went on to explain how people are so easily disturbed by the problems they have an at the same time move quickly from one state to the other that by the time he tries to address the issue with them, the person doesn't even remember what the problem was in the first place.

Now to me, it seems as if Mooji enables people in their inability to think. Because his followers either can't think for themselves or have not been given the tools to think for themselves, they look to him for an answer when any situation arises. I think this is what happens when someone places themselves in the position of having all the answers - you end up with people who view Mooji as a parent. If he experiences this problem often, then he's not helping but hindering. People are coming to him not for tools, but for answers. He is then surprised at the reaction which I thought was dismissive. I think that if Mooji were truly interested in freeing people, he would help them to gain the knowledge necessary to free themselves. They would then be in a position to free others. Instead, everyone looks to him for help because they are helpless. In that state, they are of no use to themselves, much less others.

Another issue I have is that he is not clear in what he means. This injects confusion among the members. I wouldn't be surprised to find that many probably don't really understand what is being said. Out of fear, they say nothing until they have a problem - another issue stemming from projecting a someone as a father or parental figure. To me, you can't have it both ways. Either you remove yourself from that position when it arises or you don't. I would say that many of his followers have been narcissistically wounded by having an absent father (emotionally or physically) and are seeking to heal their past wounds via their relationship with Mooji.

An excellent point indeed truth seeker. That was an intial issue that preceeded understanding of what was spoken, for me anyways. The only way to actually 'gain' anything from these videos is through the extraction of metaphor. I cannot speak for those ones who neither have the skills or the response to think for ones self, or to know of their own beingness. I also cannot answer why those people chose to go there, or look to him as a parent, because they are very mistaken and have been conditioned to do exactly that. Maybe, as it is conditioning, has lead them to want something tangible for themselves, so they go there wanting the answers given to them freely. As the C's, or Laura, it is %10 inspiration and %90 perspiration. That means you'll have to do the work for it. I don't mean you personally but whoever, in whatever situation. I can only say that the emotional reality is based upon the physical reality, which is tied to the mental reality, which is in essence, the expression of consciousness itself. He wants you to know that you are not the thoughts that pass, or the ones that stay; based upon 'your' investment to it. He wants you to realize and recognize that you are consciousness itself, seeking to recognize itself as its formlessness it is. If you (in general whomever it may be) can only extract what is essential and disregard what doesn't fit into the scalar reality of the physical, or what pertains to the mental state of being, ie past traumas, or mental blockage, you will find that deep presence always there.

I too have difficulty trying to follow the structural language spoken there. Does any of it have any validity to what you understand to be the permeation of life, in your own being? I didn't mean to sound like I was a devote follower or anything. The messages there have validity beyond what I can comprehend in linearity. That is more or less what I was trying to relay throughout this series of postings.

To address this:
Mooji then went on to say that he didn't understand how such a letter could be written by someone who just came from visiting him. Mooji then went on to explain how people are so easily disturbed by the problems they have an at the same time move quickly from one state to the other that by the time he tries to address the issue with them, the person doesn't even remember what the problem was in the first place.

I thinks what he meant was that our own 'mechanisms', or 'conditions' in regard to problems have a way of sorting themselves out. It is like all things in this life are taken care of. It is only when we have a yearning to control them, and when they do not work to our way, because we've invested into the idea (or issue, or thought) it 'seems' so huge. When the thing passes, as all things do, we are left with an 'ego/mind complex about it because it hasn't worked the way we wanted it to and thus it grows. Take for an example the pathological processes occuring on a global scale, the really seem huge, in not factual to some. But what happens when they pass? Will it ever? Such things take time, and by investing into it, or more specifically give energy to it, it grows in affluence. Fear is another one. have you ever looked for where fear comes. When you are aware that fear is present, and you look for where it comes from, it eludes you, as it eludes me. So many of the 'things' and 'processes' within this life have no names. We can design a structure for which we contain it, but it remains undiscovered when in the context of structural reality. Say for example you are a afraid of these reptilian beings, thus the more thought, or fear you allocate to them or it, the influence will grow and become reality. Animals aren't aware of reptilian beings, but they are nontheless connected to that which creates everything, and they probably see us as the repitilian beings, because of our apparent pathology.

With regard for the pre-ancient, the timelessness YOU really are,

W.

[quote author=waasekom]Say for example you are a afraid of these reptilian beings, thus the more thought, or fear you allocate to them or it, the influence will grow and become reality. Animals aren't aware of reptilian beings, but they are nontheless connected to that which creates everything, and they probably see us as the repitilian beings, because of our apparent pathology.[/quote]

??!!??

Back
Top Bottom