Russian Invasion?

RflctnOfU said:
I just want to bring this video up. It "kinda" (really) creeps me out. I would say this is not acceptable behavior
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZkmcFkBsI8

I don't know if any of you remember this little display of "affection" or not, but this must be considered when discussing this man's character. :huh:

Kris

well, this vid is difficult to defend but i'll try, just to be fair. Perhaps in Russian culture stomach kissing of toddlers by powerful grown men is the equivalent of a president kissing a baby here in the West...? OK, I know it's a stretch but I tried. :/

I agree that, even if it appeared to be really weird, we don't have all the data about the tummy kissing incident to make an assessment. After all, it was no stranger than Dubya coming up behind Angela Merkel - a head of state - and condescendingly starting to massage her neck.

I know that my kids used to get a real laugh when I would kiss their tummies and blow on them and make funny sounds; it tickled. But they were a lot smaller... babies. Maybe Putin did similar things with smaller children and just didn't have enough close contact with older children to know that you kinda stop doing that as the child grows older? Or, maybe, in his family, you keep doing it even when the children are older?

We don't have the data.

Here's what Putin said about it:

Russian President Vladimir Putin today said his decision to stop a small boy as he walked through the Kremlin and kiss his stomach was prompted by a desire to "touch him like a kitten".

The five-year-old boy, identified as Nikita Konkin by the press, was clearly stunned by the kiss and speculation over Putin's motivation has run wild in the week since it happened.

Curious internet users propelled the issue to the top of a list of questions put to Putin in an interactive webcast.

"People came up and I began talking to them, among them this little boy. He seemed to me very independent, sure of himself and, at the same time, defenceless so to speak: an innocent boy and a very nice little boy," Putin told the webcast.

"I tell you honestly, I just wanted to touch him like a kitten and that desire of mine ended in that act."

The Izvestia daily, which tracked down Nikita, discovered that he had refused to wash after that kiss.

"I just liked him and he liked me very much. I want to be president myself," the five-year-old told the paper.
_http://www.smh.com.au/news/unusual-tales/putins-kitten-kiss/2006/07/07/1152240474318.html

Putin Asserts Link Between US Election and Georgia War

_http://www.truthout.org/article/putin-asserts-link-between-us-election-and-georgia-war?print

Moscow - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Thursday that he had reason to think U.S. personnel were in the combat zone during the recent war in Georgia, adding that if confirmed, their presence suggested "someone in the United States" provoked the conflict to help one of the candidates in the American presidential race.
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili called the claim "ridiculous," likening it to Putin saying that "extraterrestrials were also there."

In Putin's first extended remarks defending Russia's military intervention in Georgia, which has drawn international condemnation, he blamed the Bush administration for failing to stop Georgian leaders from launching the Aug. 7 attack on the breakaway province of South Ossetia that sparked the war.

Speaking on CNN, Putin argued that the U.S. policy of training and supplying weapons to the Georgian army had emboldened the country to abandon long-standing negotiations over the future of South Ossetia and to try instead to seize the region by force, an assault that resulted in the deaths of Russian soldiers stationed there as peacekeepers.

Putin suggested that U.S. military advisers were working with Georgian forces that clashed with the Russian army, a prospect he described as "very dangerous."

"Even during the Cold War, during the harsh confrontation between the Soviet Union and the United States, we always avoided direct clashes between our civilians, even more so between our military personnel," he said in the interview, portions of which were also broadcast on Russian national television. "Ordinary experts, even if they teach military affairs, should not do so in combat zones, but in training areas and training centers," he added.

Putin said he based his assertions on information provided to him by the Russian military, but he offered no evidence and cautioned that his "suspicions" required further confirmation.

Earlier in the day, a senior Russian military official said at a news briefing that Russian troops had recovered an American passport in the rubble of a village near the South Ossetian capital of Tskhinvali, where a Georgian special forces unit had been based during the war.

"What was the purpose of that gentleman being among the special forces, and what is he doing today, I so far cannot answer," said Col. Gen. Anatoly Nogovitsyn, deputy chief of the general staff, holding up an enlarged color photocopy of the passport. He identified its owner as Michael Lee White, a resident of Houston, born in 1967, state-owned Vesti television reported.

Saakashvili, in an interview Friday morning with The Washington Post, dismissed the passport report as "typical tricks."

"I wish we had Americans and American weapons, but it's not the case," he said. "They are living in a parallel world, with a parallel perception. If you say a lie in Russia, it becomes the truth the next day on TV."

In Washington, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said Putin's allegations were "patently false" and sounded "not rational." She added: "It also sounds like his defense officials who said they believe this to be true are giving him really bad advice."

Saakashvili said that American military training provided to Georgia's army in recent years had focused on peacekeeping and counterinsurgency warfare.

Fewer than 100 U.S. military advisers were said to have been stationed in Georgia before the war began, and they have kept a low profile since Russian tanks and bombers routed Georgian forces in a five-day campaign that left them in control of about a third of Georgian territory.

Putin said that if U.S. citizens were present in the combat zone, they would have been "performing official duties, and they may only do this on orders from their supervisors, not at their own initiative."

"If my conjecture is confirmed, then it raises the suspicion that someone in the United States deliberately created this conflict in order to worsen the situation and create an advantage . . . for one of the candidates for the post of president of the United States," he said. "And if this is a fact, it is nothing other than the use of so-called administrative resources in a domestic political struggle, and in the worst, bloodiest form as well."

When the CNN correspondent, Matthew Chance, expressed skepticism, Putin argued that the Bush administration faced difficulties in the Middle East and Afghanistan, as well as economic difficulties.

"A small, victorious war is needed," Putin said. "And if you don't succeed, it's possible to shift the blame on us, turn us into the enemy against the backdrop of rah-rah patriotism to rally the country again around certain political forces. I am surprised that you are surprised at what I say. It's obvious."

Putin did not specify which U.S. presidential candidate he believed the Georgian crisis was intended to help, but the official RIA-Novosti news agency quoted experts as saying it had boosted the campaign of the presumptive Republican nominee, Sen. John McCain.

Asked whether the war had strained his personal relationship with President Bush, Putin replied: "Of course, it undermined our relationship, the relationship between the nations above all."

Putin said he told Bush in a conversation at the Olympic Games in Beijing that Georgia had attacked South Ossetia and that the Russian government had been unable to contact the Georgian leadership. "George responded to me -- I have already talked about this publicly -- that no one wants war," Putin said. "We had hoped that the U.S. administration would intervene in the conflict and stop the aggressive actions of the Georgian leadership. None of this happened." As a result, he said, Russia was forced to respond militarily. "We are a peace-loving nation . . . but if someone believes they can come to kill us, using our own land as a cemetery, then these people should reflect on the implications of such policies."

At the United Nations, the United States and European governments condemned Russia in a public meeting of the Security Council, saying its recognition of Georgia's breakaway provinces had undermined efforts to reach an agreement on a U.N. resolution endorsing a cease-fire. The United States and France called for the establishment of a U.N. fact-finding mission to probe reports of human rights abuses during the conflict. They also pressed Russia to complete its withdrawal from Georgian territory and to provide access for humanitarian aid workers in South Ossetia and Abkhazia.

---------

Finer reported from Tbilisi, Georgia. Staff writer Colum Lynch at the United Nations contributed to this report.

»

The The Real Meaning of the South Ossetian War: Russia Strikes Back by the People's Voice is a good analysis of the unfolding crisis and its origins . The desperate psychopaths of the US/Israel are being challenged by an aroused and angry Russian people. I want to thank sott.net for maintaining a beacon of rationality in the increasingly irrational and dangerous media propoganda of the West. The attempt to portray Vladimir Putin as a pervert for his show of spontaneous affection for a young Russian is typical of the mind control operation that passes for news in the West.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/164692-The-real-meaning-of-the-South-Ossetian-war-Russia-strikes-back

The Saker said:
The Oligarchs can best be compared to "mercenary bloodsuckers" who, with the full support of the West, literally tried to bleed Russia dry of all its resources. And, for a while, they did a very good job. US political 'advisers' flooded Moscow and provided all the aide and expertise needed to help these 'oligarchs' (almost all of them Jewish) to plunder Russia as fast as possible. What only very few people realized at the time was that there was a force which was quite cynically letting all this happen and waiting for the best time to strike back.

In their seemingly incurable imperial hubris, the Imperial Overlords in the USA think that they can threaten Russia with a worsening of relations while in reality it is Russia which could threaten the West. The Russians won't threaten though; there is a basic tenet of Russian hardball play which says that one should never threaten, never promise and only take direct action. This is exactly what happened in Ossetia

Rice to make 'significant' speech on Russia

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will give "a significant speech" on Thursday about the consequences for Russia over its invasion of Georgia, a senior US official said.
"I would describe it as a significant speech about US-Russia relations as well as about Russia's place within the international system," the State Department official told reporters Wednesday on the condition of anonymity.

The speech will provide "an analysis of how we have gotten to this point, it talks about the kinds of choices Russia had before it and it talks about the international system and its response to Russia," he said.

_http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080917190529.6pmgtbo5&show_article=1

Re: Rice to make 'significant' speech on Russia

John! said:
US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will give "a significant speech" on Thursday about the consequences for Russia over its invasion of Georgia, a senior US official said.
"I would describe it as a significant speech about US-Russia relations as well as about Russia's place within the international system," the State Department official told reporters Wednesday on the condition of anonymity.

The speech will provide "an analysis of how we have gotten to this point, it talks about the kinds of choices Russia had before it and it talks about the international system and its response to Russia," he said.

_http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080917190529.6pmgtbo5&show_article=1
sakar said:
there is a basic tenet of Russian hardball play which says that one should never threaten, never promise and only take direct action. This is exactly what happened in Ossetia
And exactly the opposite of what Rice is doing. :)

"Rice says 'bullying' Russia must be stopped"

Leaked excerpts from her speech can be found here:

_http://uk.new.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080918/tts-uk-russia-usa-rice-ca02f96.htm

When I first read the headline, I thought; 'Thank goodness someone has come to their senses.' But it didn't mean what I initially thought it meant; that the 'West's' bullying of Russia must stop. Quite the opposite!

If this is going to be her speech, it's a complete joke!

Да, давненько не касались этой темы, однако ситуация с тех пор только усложнилась. Грузинские власти, которые, надеясь на поддержку США, устроили этот ужас, с тех пор, опять же при поддержке всего запада, попытались обвинить во всем Россию и по нехорошей традиции прервали все экономические связи между странами и вдобавок прекратили дипломатические отношения. Теперь же нынешние грузинские власти говорят о возможности начала переговоров с Россией, но как нашкодившие ребятишки, зовут на помощь больших дяденек. И ведь не стыдно им.

Грузия готова на переговоры с Россией только по украинскому сценарию
25.12.2019 - 17:44

Translation
Yes, it's been a long time since we touched on this topic, but the situation has only become more complicated since then. Georgian authorities are hoping for U.S. support, staged this horror, since then, again with the support of the West, tried to blame Russia for all and in bad traditions have severed all economic ties between the countries, and in addition ceased diplomatic relations. Now the current Georgian authorities are talking about the possibility of starting negotiations with Russia, but like naughty children, they call for help from big uncles. And they are not ashamed.
Georgia is ready to negotiate with Russia only under the Ukrainian scenario
25.12.2019 - 17:44
The President of Georgia is ready for a dialogue with Russia and allows the possibility of discussing the conflict in Abkhazia and Ossetia, but only with the participation of other countries, following the example of the Normandy summit. But this option has not yet been offered to Russia.

Georgian President Salome Zurabishvili assured that there is a possibility of holding talks with Russia in the format of the Normandy summit, but only if the Russian Federation agrees and the EU countries are ready to side with Georgia. Zurabishvili is not ready to stand alone against Moscow. This statement of Zurabishvili appeared today.

Zurabishvili explained that within the framework of the conditional Normandy summit, the parties could agree on something if not only representatives of Tbilisi, but also international partners of Georgia were sitting at the negotiating table. So far, they are not on an equal footing with Russia for negotiations.

She also noted that it is necessary to "look for any opportunity" to resolve the situation around the relations of the two countries.

At the same time, the President insisted that the negotiations are not concessions or surrender of interests.

During the visit to the 74th session of the UN General Assembly in new York, a meeting was held between Russian foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and his Georgian counterpart David Zalkaliani. The foreign ministries of these countries have not had contact in this format since 2008.

Russian leader Vladimir Putin invited Vladimir Zelensky and Salome Zurabishvili to attend events in honor of the victory in world war II in 2020. However, the President of Georgia will make a decision only after a trip to Ukraine.
Грузия готова на переговоры с Россией только по украинскому сценарию

Грузия начала стягивать тяжёлое вооружение к российским границам
2020-06-13

Georgia began to pull heavy weapons to the Russian borders
2020-06-13
Georgia has deployed its latest weapons on the Russian border.

Days earlier, it became known that the Ministry of defense of Georgia transferred French air defense assets to the Russian borders. Air defense systems capture part of Russian territory and may pose some threat to both civilian and military aircraft, and Georgia's behavior itself is a provocation of the West, the purpose of which is obviously to exert additional pressure on Russia.

"Georgian defense Minister Irakli Garibashvili said that the country has completed the construction of facilities and installation of French air defense systems, which it acquired in 2015. "The construction of facilities and installation of certain air defense systems that were purchased under the French project have been completed. Now the implementation of the control and management system is underway, which will be completed by 2021, " the Minister said during a speech in Parliament, "according to the Russian news Agency RIA Novosti.

In connection with what exactly Georgia decided to start deploying its air defense systems in this direction – is unknown, but earlier on the part of Georgia, a number of extraordinary statements were made that Russia could well regard as a threat, and against the background of Georgia's claims to territories that this country considers to be under its own sovereignty, this may indicate preparations for a new military conflict, which carries a very serious danger.
Грузия начала стягивать тяжёлое вооружение к российским границам

Georgia has bought Rafael Advanced Defense Systems from Israel.

By John C. K. Daly - October 5, 2020

Back
Top Bottom