Russian friends: Translation needed

T.C.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
My wife and I are visiting family this weekend and one of them has an artefact from Tsarist Russia which came with a certificate. He was showing us the item in question, a pocket watch, which to his knowledge was presented by Nicholas II to a Bulgarian count around 1884. He has never had the certificate translated, so I said I’d try to get a translation for him.

Here’s the certificate. If anyone here can understand it and give a translation, or just any information at all, it would be much appreciated:

F900E183-A8CB-4BEA-A795-C2C24F97C2FC.jpeg

The following is written here:
Certificate.
Consisting under the august patronage of the Empress Alexandra Feodorovna, The guardianship of the Imperial Humane Society for collecting donations for the upbringing and placement of poor children grants Nikolai Timofeevich Galkin the right to wear a silver token established by the Council of the Imperial Humane Society for donors of the said Guardianship.

Saint Petersburg, July 21, 1899

Chairman of the Guardianship _ Klimov (I'm not sure about the last name)
Secretary _ Ivan Burov

I want to note that I am a native speaker of Russian, but when translating this text into English, I used an online translator.

Last edited:
I would add "hereby" before "grants" to translate "симъ":

Consisting under the august patronage of the Empress Alexandra Feodorovna, The guardianship of the Imperial Humane Society for collecting donations for the upbringing and placement of poor children hereby grants Nikolai Timofeevich Galkin the right to wear a silver token established by the Council of the Imperial Humane Society for donors of the said Guardianship.

Back
Top Bottom