Russia Begins Operations in Syria: End Game for the US Empire?

The UAE's spy agency SIA (Signals Intelligence Agency) has sent spy agents to Syria to train YPG terrorists in espoinage, counter-espoinage, sabotage, assassination acts, signal intelligence, information security and communication networks - The Russian warplanes have struck the positions of the terrorists in the Idlib.

A little outside what has been the theme in this tread of late, although way back she was often discussed, was a late July article by Eva Bartlett on the Rose of the Desert, Asma al-Assad.

The article brings up the old Vogue article that was pulled (2011 I think) and other interviews (2002), and her post Cancer treatment and life for Syrian citizens. Here is an article on SOTT on Asma al-Assad.

It boggles my mind what these people have endured right down to today.

Here is the link and a couple of quotes:

Since this meeting was not a formal interview, I did not seek to record the over two hours of conversation with Her Excellency. Immediately after leaving, however, I did jot down as many notes about our conversation as I could recall, and will do my best to do justice to what Asma al-Assad said, sometimes quoting her but in general paraphrasing her words.

Also, while I wish to express the respect she deserves in her role as the first lady, and whereas most would call her Your Excellency, I’m also aware that she isn’t fond of titles and fanfare, one of many traits evidencing her humility. Thus, to find middle ground I will either refer to her as the first lady or Asma al-Assad.

Finally, although I’ve begun this essay with focus on Asma al-Assad and her character, what follows is really about Syria, through her eyes, and at some points my own. From the way she spoke, it is very clear that everything she does for her country is for her country {Eva's bold}, and she does so with an admirably passionate commitment.

On Asma al-Assad and cancer:

She talked to me about her cancer treatment (2018-2019), saying that people likely expected her to stay home, to discontinue work or at least work less because she was ill and undergoing treatment. But for her, how could she, for example, delay a child from getting treatment for a hearing aid, or delay a patient from getting medical care, “simply because I was feeling tired.”

Most people who have had a cold or flu would stay home during their illness, justifiably so. That Asma al-Assad refused to do so while enduring cancer treatment and all of the painful and exhausting side effects speaks volumes to her devotion to her people, a point worth stressing given that Western media has done their utmost to vilify her and the President.

Apart from her development work, the first lady quietly works to change antiquated mindsets on how to do things in Syria. She is also keen to encourage people in general, especially children, including her own, to think for themselves.

“We are trying to encourage young people to ask questions and think critically, which should be in line with democracy and freedom of opinion…”

On "IMPACTS OF AMERICA’S DEADLY SANCTIONS":

In June, America again ratcheted up its decades-old sanctions on Syria, adding a new round of sanctions meant to utterly debilitate the people of Syria— who’ve already suffered nearly ten years of war.

Every day where I am now in Syria, I hear and see things that drive home just how utterly brutal the US sanctions are: a friend whose aunt can’t get the medications needed for her cancer, another friend whose cousin died as a result of not getting the medications he needed for his chronic illness.

The sanctions are deliberately targeting Syrian civilians, and that is the intent of the United States. The US pretext of “helping Syrians” by sanctioning their country is sociopathic double-speak. The reality is they are slowly killing Syrians.

Under the latest sanctions, civilians are denied medicines, access to up to date medical equipment, and as a consequence, denied medical treatment.

The first lady spoke on how much harder life has gotten for Syrians.

“The medical equipment in Syria (like radiotherapy) needed to treat cancer patients is outdated and it is getting harder and harder to maintain these machines and keep them working. With the sanctions, chemotherapy drugs have become harder to source decreasing the likelihood of patients surviving cancer. If I was facing cancer now instead of two years ago, I wouldn’t be able to get the needed treatment. This is the case for Syrians now.”

The US has sent 52 military vehicles loaded with a military equipment and logistical materials to Hasaka.

A new convoy of 20 trucks loaded with logistical materials and electrical transformers has entered Hasaka - The Russian warplanes have struck the positions of the terrorists near the Turkish border - The Russian warplanes have struck the positions of the terrorists in the Idlib.

The terrorists in Idlib are preparing provocations with the use of poisonous substances, the deputy head of the Russian Center for the Reconciliation of the Warring Parties in Syria, Rear Adm. Alexander Grinkevich said - The Russian warplanes have struck the positions of the terrorists in the Idlib.

Back
Top Bottom