Russia Begins Operations in Syria: End Game for the US Empire?

Ocean

The Living Force
He's giving it to the USA with both barrels..........

https://twitter.com/h_alexander/status/648530667928727552?ref_src=twsrc

I think Putin looks a lot more comfortable than Obama

Barack-Obama-Valim_3456385b.jpg

The link posted is dead, Ocean.

I watched the UN Speeches of China, Jordan, and Russia (they were back to back). King Abdullah of Jordan gave an excellent speech, calling for tolerance and a global fight against extremists. He called out those who manipulate others for control of land, money and power. He stated these extremists are only a drop among humanity, but that their venom can poison the whole well. He called on people to practice love and compassion for others, not just in the mosque, church or synagogue, but in their daily lives. It was one of the better speeches I've seen him give.

He was followed by President Putin. When Putin started, the volume dropped so low, I had to turn it up to full tilt just to hear the female translator, who was not enunciating words well at all and difficult to listen to. I immediately thought "someone" had done that on purpose - giving him a poor translator and lowering the volume. A few minutes into the speech, there was a short pause and a new translator, who was much better, took over and the volume increased. http://gadebate.un.org/ Speeches can be watched here in 6 different languages.

Remove the carat, or whatever you call that thing, and the tfw at the end of the url and it will work.

Thank you very much Lilou for the link to this site. For now I am listening Putin in Russian, I like to look his body language, and hear his voice and listen Russian, a so beautiful language! This site is fantastic, you can have the text of the discourse and many other things, listen the discourses, see the presentations, in every language possible. What a splendid organization. If they would be as much organized for peace as they are on that site! :cool2:

Lilou said:
The link posted is dead, Ocean.

I watched the UN Speeches of China, Jordan, and Russia (they were back to back). King Abdullah of Jordan gave an excellent speech, calling for tolerance and a global fight against extremists. He called out those who manipulate others for control of land, money and power. He stated these extremists are only a drop among humanity, but that their venom can poison the whole well. He called on people to practice love and compassion for others, not just in the mosque, church or synagogue, but in their daily lives. It was one of the better speeches I've seen him give.

Don't be fooled by those flowery words. Abdullah II graduated from the UK's Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst in 1980, and went on to effectively create and then lead Jordan's Special Forces, which are really just an extension of US-UK Special Forces in the region. The CIA got the ball rolling in Syria via Jordan, the most pro-western country in the Arab world, thanks to its fully paid-up CIA agent ruling that country as absolute monarch.

Lilou said:
He was followed by President Putin. When Putin started, the volume dropped so low, I had to turn it up to full tilt just to hear the female translator, who was not enunciating words well at all and difficult to listen to. I immediately thought "someone" had done that on purpose - giving him a poor translator and lowering the volume. A few minutes into the speech, there was a short pause and a new translator, who was much better, took over and the volume increased. http://gadebate.un.org/ Speeches can be watched here in 6 different languages.

Yeah, Chu was saying that translators should always be native speakers of whatever language they're translating into, which is consistently not the case with Putin's translators.

Ocean said:
I think Putin looks a lot more comfortable than Obama

Barack-Obama-Valim_3456385b.jpg

Obama looks devilish. He is an hypocrite, we can see this in his visage. Just see him give me a nausea. Putin looks handsome. Gentle, he looks sure of himself. Obama seems a little tense, not smiling. He is so ugly.

Buddy said:
Remove the carat, or whatever you call that thing, and the tfw at the end of the url and it will work.

I had to look it up and you apparently meant caret. Wikipedia explicitly warns for the spelling you used.

It's also known as Circumflex which seems more commonly used around Europe I think.

Palinurus said:
I had to look it up and you apparently meant caret. Wikipedia explicitly warns for the spelling you used.

It's also known as Circumflex which seems more commonly used around Europe I think.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks Palinurus.

I think this was a good speech. Literally compared West to Nazi's

http://www.sott.net/article/302836-Putins-U-N-General-Assembly-speech

Certainly political and social problems in this region have been piling up for a long time, and people there wish for changes naturally.

But how did it actually turn out?
Rather than bringing about reforms, an aggressive foreign interference has resulted in a brazen destruction of national institutions and the lifestyle itself. Instead of the triumph of democracy and progress, we got violence, poverty and social disaster. Nobody cares a bit about human rights, including the right to life.
Tens of thousands of militants are fighting under the banners of the so-called Islamic State. Its ranks include former Iraqi servicemen who were thrown out into the street after the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Many recruits also come from Libya, a country whose statehood was destroyed as a result of a gross violation of the U.N. Security Council Resolution 1973. And now, the ranks of radicals are being joined by the members of the so-called moderate Syrian opposition supported by the Western countries.

First, they are armed and trained and then they defect to the so-called Islamic State. Besides, the Islamic State itself did not just come from nowhere. It was also initially forged as a tool against undesirable secular regimes.
it is hypocritical and irresponsible to make loud declarations about the threat of international terrorism while turning a blind eye to the channels of financing and supporting terrorists, including the process of trafficking and illicit trade in oil and arms.

On the basis of international law, we must join efforts to address the problems that all of us are facing and create a genuinely broad international coalition against terrorism.

Similar to the anti-Hitler coalition, it could unite a broad range of forces that are resolutely resisting those who, just like the Nazis, sow evil and hatred of humankind.
I would like to stress refugees undoubtedly need our compassion and support. However, the — on the way to solve this problem at a fundamental level is to restore their statehood where it has been destroyed, to strengthen the government institutions where they still exist or are being reestablished, to provide comprehensive assistance of military, economic and material nature to countries in a difficult situation.

Did anyone see him on 60 Minutes?
Was Charlie Rose projecting much?
I wonder are these people paid propagandists or do they really believe what they are saying?
I couldn't do it.

Niall said:
Lilou said:

Yeah, Chu was saying that translators should always be native speakers of whatever language they're translating into, which is consistently not the case with Putin's translators.

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday during the speech, so typical - psychopathic anger translating to cheap shots; that's all their left with it right now as they are currently being outmaneuvered at every angle....

Putin's speech was direct, honest and as always delivered with conviction - just have such immense respect for him. While Xi's was metaphorical at times, and in the polite Chinese fashion of conveying strong messages very subtly and politely - like a fist in a velvet glove.

I guess the lines on the sand have been drawn, and there is no turning back. I hope China and Russia succeed in bringing some balance & defending humanity.

A great speech from a true statesman. It was refreshing to hear the truth as opposed to the theatrics and lies. He's outmaneuvered them again, I think. Russia, hope of the world, indeed!

Yes, the great speech, indeed, its really honest and reflects the real state of the World and the causes that led it in current state.

What especially wonders me is if Putin do really knows something about climate changes, i.e. ice age's coming. The climatic part of the speech left "something in the air" regarding his awareness:

Ladies and gentlemen, the issues that affect the future of all people include the challenge of global climate change. It is in our interest to make the U.N. Climate Change Conference to be held in December in Paris a success.

As part of our national contribution, we plan to reduce by 2030 the greenhouse emissions to 70, 75 percent of the 1990 level.

I suggest, however, we should take a wider view on this issue. Yes, we might defuse the problem for a while, by setting quotas on harmful emissions or by taking other measures that are nothing but tactical. But we will not solve it that way. We need a completely different approach.

We have to focus on introducing fundamental and new technologies inspired by nature, which would not damage the environment, but would be in harmony with it. Also, that would allow us to restore the balance upset by biosphere and technosphere (ph) upset by human activities.

It is indeed a challenge of planetary scope, but I'm confident that humankind has intellectual potential to address it. We need to join our efforts. I refer, first of all, to the states that have a solid research basis and have made significant advances in fundamental science.

We propose convening a special forum under the U.N. auspices for a comprehensive consideration of the issues related to the depletion of natural resources, destruction of habitat and climate change.

s-kur said:
What especially wonders me is if Putin do really knows something about climate changes, i.e. ice age's coming. The climatic part of the speech left "something in the air" regarding his awareness:

As part of our national contribution, we plan to reduce by 2030 the greenhouse emissions to 70, 75 percent of the 1990 level.

Yeah, the above quote actually shows that he follows the "official party line" when it comes to "climate change", at least for now. But his wording also indicates that, as usual, he is being very careful about what he says and how he says it. And that's not coincidental, especially when he wrote the speech himself and worked on it for a month.

I think that his approach toward the topic is similar to his approach toward smoking. On one hand there are more draconian anti-smoking rules in Russia, on the other he says that freedom of choice should be preserved in every aspect of Russian citizens lives. Besides, he isn't perfect and may have gaps in awareness.

When it comes to the upcoming Ice Age, since Russia controls a large chunk of the Arctic, it's possible that he has access to various data regarding changing temperatures, etc. For now, since Russia and neighboring countries experience anomalous hit and even repeated vegetation, people again forget about cold and use the global warming mantra.

Back
Top Bottom