Russia Begins Operations in Syria: End Game for the US Empire?

luc said:
Laura said:
I think that the info on avaaz would make a great sott article almost exactly as it is.

luc's quotes and comments also.

Do you mean a separate article from my post? If so, I could come up with a little something as well I guess if that would help, it would have to be proofread though since I'm not a native speaker. Maybe I can put something together in German as well this evening.

That would be great! Then we can also publish it on german Sott :-)

Pashalis said:
luc said:
Laura said:
I think that the info on avaaz would make a great sott article almost exactly as it is.

Do you mean a separate article from my post? If so, I could come up with a little something as well I guess if that would help, it would have to be proofread though since I'm not a native speaker. Maybe I can put something together in German as well this evening.

I think so too and the statements from the FAZ are priceless.

This is from Foreign Policy this morning. Made me laugh. As if CIA isn't in any way involved with ISIS. Note 'urgent talks' at the end.

'Though Russia claimed yesterday its airstrikes targeted the Islamic State, Syrian rebel groups told reporters that the strikes hit other groups, including some rebels believed to have participated in a CIA-supported training program. U.S. Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter noted that the strikes, which occurred in western Syria, were in locations “where there probably were not ISIL forces.” The U.S. representative of the Syrian National Coalition denounced the strikes, saying, “The Russian claim that they are there to fight ISIS is a baseless claim, and that was proven today. They are there to uphold a regime that lost its legitimacy and only controls 14 percent of the land in Syria.”

So far, Russia has conducted approximately 20 airstrikes, according to the Russian military. Russian officials have made contradictory claims about who has been targeted: Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told reporters in New York that “the rumors that the targets of these strikes were not positions of ISIS are groundless,” but when a spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin defended the strikes, he told reporters there are multiple targeted groups. “These organizations (on the target list) are well-known and the targets are chosen in coordination with the armed forces of Syria," he said. Iran has announced its full support for the Russian air campaign. The U.S. and Russia have agreed to urgent military talks to discuss potential coordination and deconfliction."

Gawan said:
Pashalis said:
luc said:
Laura said:

I think so too and the statements from the FAZ are priceless.

Okay then, thanks for the encouragement, I will start with the German article. How does this work - I just send it to you guys by E-Mail? Thank you!

Just saw this on RT:

13:58 GMT
Two Russian airstrikes hit a training camp operated by Syrian rebels who received US military training, Hassan Haj Ali, head of the Liwa Suqour al-Jabal rebel group told Reuters.

If true, it seems that the US buddies are "coming out" in order to save their hides - maybe the Russians also anticipated this?

SeekinTruth said:
While the timing of the military action from Russia (and China may be getting involved too) may seem sudden, I think the diplomatic steps were being taken for months, and the logistics, planning, etc. too. The whole thing is very similar to the way they outmaneuvered the Empire in Crimea. They had the intelligence that the overwhelming majority of Crimeans would want what came about and just moved and made it happen.

Same thing with Syria - the vast majority are behind Assad's government and that's why they've survived. The military moves come after much other work to make it a success. With Iran and Iraq on board now to take out the hired thugs and nut jobs in Syria and Iraq, the Anglo-Zionist Empire is outmaneuvered once again.... fait accompli.

I think this is an important aspect. As for the pre-planning, obviously this is true, but I also got the impression that the Russian team deliberately created a lot of confusion about the issue. I guess the empire could see it coming, but couldn't figure out when and how. And maybe their wishful thinking prevented them from seeing clearly - after Crimea, they should know better. But then again, as the C's said, wishful thinking is the Achilles' heel of STS...

It is beyond pathetic to read the Western media, who are all attacking Russia for attacking CIA's trained head choppers and for propping up the Assad regime. A Danish newspaper quoted an "expert", who said that Russia's killing of the enemies of Assad while saying it is going after ISIS, is similar to Turkey going after the Kurds, while saying it is going after ISIS. Hello mr. Expert, have you heard about international law and sovereign states?
In this case Russia is invited by the sovereign leader of a country to help militarily. The US, France, Australia, Jordan or Turkey were never asked, but chose to meddle in the internal affairs of a sovereign country. And it is a little early to say that ISIS is not being hit.

Another war is taking place that has zero coverage, but which is supported by the Western elite, Yemen. Civilians and infrastructure have been key targets by Saudi Arabia. War crimes are committed, a humanitarian disaster is happening, wedding parties are fair game AND Yemen was a sovereign state, whose Western puppet resigned back in January. The West is fully supporting this illegal war, which has no approval by the UN. So Putin and Russia is being demonized, Saudi Arabia gets a free pass.

Lastly, the CIA was also a franken monster that was designed after the WW2 and which conveniently went rogue, just like it's offspring ISIS. There have been tons of documentaries and books written about the CIA monster and how is has operated out of control and oversight for the last 50+ years, but has been instrumental in countless regime changes and overt and covert wars since WW2 on behalf of the deep state. It is an organisation that is steeped in blood, war crimes, torture, assassinations, drug trafficking, weapons smuggling and human suffering. That the Western newspapers have the gall to decry Russia for liquidating the offsprings of this monster organisation, the CIA is unbelievable!

Russia is doing great, and at rapid speed, and unlike the empire, it is using diplomacy and talking to people. It is great to see the new intel sharing center in Bagdad between Russia, Syria, Iran and Iraq and it looks as though Russia is linking up with Lebanon too in order to make sure that the head choppers don't just move next door. A powerful alliance is shaping up.

October has started well.

There is a good article by Nicolay Starikov translated by Kristina Russ from Fortruss, called Russia is forcing the Americans to destroy their own project in its infancy

Russian author, historian and politician Nikolay Starikov explains what happened today like no one else at today's meeting with fans and supporters.

Starikov:

Even cats don't get born on their own and such high-profile terrorist organisations, packaged with beautiful Hollywood promos don't appear on their own. Of course, it is a project, the same project of the global banking elite. as once was Adolf Hitler, and before that where the Bolsheviks-Trotskyists, who have destroyed the Russian empire and were going to crush the neighboring states.

Islamic state is a can opener in the hands of the global elite, with which it was planning to destroy the world order, as it is.

You know, often when we talk about WWII, a question comes to mind, why did the English have to bring Hitler to power, if they were the strongest ones? Well, in order to be the strongest, you must destroy your competition. And Hitler was brought to power in order to destroy the USSR, which not only grew economically, but presented an alternative of a social order, which was a death sentence.

Lets remember the post-war USSR, when there was a constant dropping of prices which completely contradicts the market economy. Stalin did it, And did it yearly. And he would strangle this financially oriented economy with his price drops. It had to be prevented. This was Hitler's task.

Today's Islamic State is a tool to prevent the growth of China, Russia, and Europe getting out of control.

A big war is needed. Chaos is needed. It will help solve the problem of dropping consumption in the entire world.

War is needed for many reasons. Americans create the Islamic state.

Note, two years ago no one knew about this Islamic state. There was Al Qaida and Syrian opposition. Remember the Free Syrian Army, where is it today? Is it so free, that it has dissipated on its own?

Imagine, you have the Bandera "Forest brothers" in the woods, and suddenly they self-organize in the woods and become "The Red Guard." It is impossible. Either they are the "Forest brothers" or the "Red Guard". They can be one thing or the other. One cannot transform into the other on its own.

In order to create this instrument of destroying the world order you must destroy statehood.

First the destruction of states is a standard path of the global banking elite, which I am writing about in my book "Power".

Second, how can you create this force, if you have states everywhere? You have the states of Iraq and Syria. You cannot create 100 thousand militants on the territory of Iraq. Therefore you have to get rid of the Iraqi state. Either it has to be completely absent as in Lybia, or be nominal, occupying two blocks in Baghdad. It is weakened and destroyed.

And here is Syria. It also has to be destroyed, but it doesn't surrender. This is where the hate towards Assad comes from. This is why they keep repeating, Assad must go - in order to destroy the state.

Instead they create a quazi-state structure, which they pump with money and weapons and sent it towards Afghanistan. By the way there is fighting going on right now for Kunduz, which is on the border with Tajikistahn. They are preparing a bridgehead for the invasion. Everything is going according to plan.

They have to finish off Assad.

100 thousand fled to Europe, and how many refugees are in the camps? A few million. If they cannot get to Europe, where will they go? You can hire them for cheap into your army, for example ISIS. People have no options, the infrastructure has been destroyed, there is nowhere to live, and here you are offered a salary!

This mess they want to send through Afghanistan to Central Asia. To destroy the Central Asian states. Which I and many others wrote about several years ago.

Further they will strike Russia and China.

Today several thousand Uighur militants are fighting for ISIS. This is the force that will be blowing up China.

You have to understand the logic of the Unites States. They gave birth to this instrument, but they need to let it grow.

They say "We are going to fight it". They create a coalition, and as a result of this battle ISIS spreads to a huge territory.

Here is a question, are they fighting them?

In Afghanistan they were fighting with drugs. As a result the drug production grew 42 times. So ISIS will grow 42 times too. They are not fighting themselves, and not letting anyone fight it.

What are American strikes on the positions of militants? Do we know who they are bombing? I hope they know who they are bombing. They could be bombing the Syrian army. And if anything, they will say: "Ooops, sorry". We said, we are sorry!

When they are there, ISIS can freely grow.

What is Russia doing? Understating, that this threat is coming for us, of course we have to fight there, but how? Not by bringing ground troops. Instructors, heavy equipment, aviation, but no ground troops. There are Syrian and Kurd ground troops.

The surrounding states see what's going on. They are not stupid. They understand that his hurricane will sweep all the sovereign states. In Saudi Arabia there is a war on the border.
Do you think Saudi Arabia is happy, no they would rather drink cocktails and pump oil. At that moment comes Russia and says, guys we will clean this up, fold ISIS, we will pretend we don't know it was created by the US. But we will liquidate it. All we want from you is help.

A week before Putin's speech the Israeli prime minister, the Saudi king, the king of Jordan, why did they all fly to Putin? Because the fire is under their feet.

Everyone pretends they don't know where ISIS came from.

When we brought our instructors and weapons there, Americans ended up in a difficult situation. Their monopoly on fighting ISIS was destroyed. We said let's fight it, and they say, we are already fighting, we will not

Why are you flying here, bombing whatever you want?

If you don't do that, we will fight ISIS ourselves.

Americans lost the opportunity to bomb anyone they want on the Syrian territory. If they fly they can get shot down, saying "Why din't you coordinate with us? You flew into the territory of the Syrian army and they shot down your plane. We would have told you the Syrian army is there

Now they will try to torpedo this. If someone starts to pound the bandits, they are in a situation as if England and France were forced to destroy Hitler in 1938. Russia is forcing them to destroy their own project. This is the essence of it.

Today's approval of our Federation Council to use force abroad is simply a legal formality. It doesn't mean our troops will go there. They would love to suck us into a ground war, but we won't go for it. We will get money from the surrounding states. Syria will give us the soldiers. And everyone will be happy to get over with this ISIS. And Americans will be forced to repeat, yes, what a terrible organization.

We buried their project before it has entered a mature stage.

This is what's happening there today.

Isis as a can opener for regime change. Very apt.

Luc said:
Okay then, thanks for the encouragement, I will start with the German article. How does this work - I just send it to you guys by E-Mail? Thank you!

You can send it to sott_de(@)sott.net

Seeing all the action in Syria with Russia taking on ISIS looks pretty significant to me. To me, it looks like things are escalating and that Russia's tolerance of the west's covert warfare is dwindling and it makes me wonder if we're going to see things turn more overt in the not too distant future. It makes me think of this part of the August 8th session:

Laura said:
Q: (Nicholas) There seems to be a lot of events coming in September. On the 13th, it's the last day of the Shemitah year, the 15th the UN may formally recognize the Palestinian state, the 25th the pope visits the US and gives a UN speech which might kick off Agenda 2030, Egypt wants Isreal's nuclear sites to be inspected, and the 28th is the last of the four blood moons. Is this something that could be a marker for the start of the Powers that Be to ramp up their agenda?

A: Wait for October.

Q: (Odyssey) What's happening in October?

A: Wait and see!

Q: (Bear) Recently the US changed policy with reference to Syria in terms of supporting bombing. Russia said that there would be a line in the sand. So, the question is: Is this gonna be turned into something wider?

A: Putin has cards up his sleeve that may be well played.

It certainly looks to me like he's playing a card and playing it very well: ISIS is obviously regarded as quite evil in the US, so Russia doing something about it and doing it effectively makes it harder to demonize them in the west because they're "taking out the bad guys" (obviously ISIS are bad guys, just not in the ways that most people have been led to believe), so they both look good to westerners (though obviously the propaganda machine is ramping up to try to demonize them anyway) and are also taking action against the empire of chaos.

luc said:
As for the pre-planning, obviously this is true, but I also got the impression that the Russian team deliberately created a lot of confusion about the issue. I guess the empire could see it coming, but couldn't figure out when and how. And maybe their wishful thinking prevented them from seeing clearly - after Crimea, they should know better. But then again, as the C's said, wishful thinking is the Achilles' heel of STS...

When one has followed what happened in political scene the last couple of months, it very much smells like it. Putin and staff probably infused confusion and bait in the minds of those elites all over the place, the last couple of months and years, with bits of data here and there.

Israel is an interesting point in this case there. It seems like Putin and partners deliberately delivered informations to them, which they thought they can use for their purposes, before they entered the war in syria. Remember the news a couple of weeks ago in Israeli newspapers, about russia entering the war in syria? Or the statements that are coming now from Israel.

Giving the beast what it thinks is great informations, that it can use for evil and then hitting back. Sort of playing with the biggest petty tyrant out there and bringing it to its knees through his own wishful thinking.

Counterintelligence at its best! Just pricelessly brilliant. :headbanger:

Pashalis said:
Israel is an interesting point in this case there. It seems like Putin and partners deliberately delivered informations to them, which they thought they can use for their purposes, before they entered the war in syria. Remember the news a couple of weeks ago in Israeli newspapers, about russia entering the war in syria? Or the statements that are coming now from Israel.

Funny that you mention Israel. Here's what analysis in Jerusalem Post today has to say about the situation:

The big losers are the US, its Arab and Western allies, and Israel, despite reports that Russia informed Washington and Jerusalem in advance of its air missions. Israel is among the losers, notwithstanding boasting by Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon on Tuesday that Israel doesn’t need to coordinate its actions in Syria with Russia. Really? If so, then why did Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu himself travel with the chief of staff and head of military intelligence to meet in Moscow two weeks ago? And why is the deputy chief of staff traveling next week to meet with his Russian counterpart? Of course, to have talks on “deconfliction” to avoid accidental clashes between Israel and the Russia armies.

Yet regardless what Israeli officials say, they will not be able to conceal the fact that Israel’s previous unstoppable freedom of action and maneuverability in Syria is now restricted.

It doesn’t mean necessarily that the IDF will not be able to respond in the future – as it did earlier this week to shells or rockets mistakenly or intentionally launched from Syria or to prevent terrorist attempts to penetrate the Golan Heights.

But surely Israel’s pulling the trigger will not be so easy from now on. Israel will think twice and more before it decides to initiate air force attacks inside Syria – as it did at least 10 times in the past three years.

Yet the question of what Putin’s real goals are and what his grand strategy in Syria is, if he has one, puzzles Israeli and Western experts. [...]

Against the background of negative ramifications on Israel’s security posture, there is a possible positive side, although it is not politically correct to express it: the continuation of the war benefits Israel by enhancing its standing as an unmatched regional power, while Hezbollah and Iran are weakened by their involvement.

Israel not being happy and restricted? Sounds like another good reason for celebration to me. But they do continue with their games, as they claim that "Iran, Hezbollah to launch major offensive in Syria".

Pashalis said:
luc said:
As for the pre-planning, obviously this is true, but I also got the impression that the Russian team deliberately created a lot of confusion about the issue. I guess the empire could see it coming, but couldn't figure out when and how. And maybe their wishful thinking prevented them from seeing clearly - after Crimea, they should know better. But then again, as the C's said, wishful thinking is the Achilles' heel of STS...

When one has followed what happened in political scene the last couple of months, it very much smells like it. Putin and staff probably infused confusion and bait in the minds of those elites all over the place, the last couple of months and years, with bits of data here and there.

Counterintelligence at its best! Just pricelessly brilliant. :headbanger:

In regards to "what happened in political scene the last couple of months" and "pre-planning," it brought to mind - what happened 6-7 months ago - starting with Boris Nemtsov assassination on February 28, 2015 and THEN President Putin's mysterious disappearance on March 6 - only to "appear 10 days later."

Who killed Russia opposition politician Boris Nemtsov?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31693234

Two arrests have been made over the murder of Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov, a crime for which multiple theories still exist.

Was he killed in order to cow opposition to President Vladimir Putin at a time of mounting economic problems? Or because he opposed Russia's alleged covert war in Ukraine?

Or was he shot in full view of the Kremlin in an attempt to discredit Russia's leaders or even intimidate them, or incite a rebellion against them?

The Russian leader sought to quell speculation over Kremlin involvement in the death of one of his opponents when he condemned Nemtsov's "brazen murder" and called for an end to the "shameful" political killings that have marked modern Russia.

Foreign intelligence services

Mr Putin publicly condemned Nemtsov's murder, saying it was "entirely provocative in nature".

"Provocation" is Kremlin code for an attack aimed at destabilising the Russian state.
As to who might be behind such an attack, the Kremlin's "chief spin doctor", TV anchorman Dmitry Kiselev, made clear who he thought stood to benefit most.

"When he was alive, Nemtsov was no longer necessary to the West, he had no prospects," he said. "But dead, he was a lot more interesting."

It is a standard line on Russian state-run media that the CIA orchestrated the uprising in Ukraine last year and anti-Russian unrest in other ex-Soviet states in recent years.

However, in the absence of any evidence, few people would take seriously the idea that the CIA staged the killing of Nemtsov in the hope of sparking a violent opposition reaction to President Putin's rule.

Could it be speculated that President Putin's 10 day absence was spent with all his Top Advisors - to formulate "Counterintelligence?"

Oh, that's priceless, Keit. Hope you get it up on sott with a few smacking comments!

Keit said:
But they do continue with their games, as they claim that "Iran, Hezbollah to launch major offensive in Syria".

I think Hizb'allah are very likely to be involved in Syria already, particularly in the area inland to Syria from the Lebanese border. Hizb'allah are probably very concerned about the likely intention of the Israelis and Saudis using the "jihadis" to bring the war to Lebanon, so like Russia, they've been "fighting them there so as not to have to fight them here".

Yupo said:
This is from Foreign Policy this morning. Made me laugh. As if CIA isn't in any way involved with ISIS. Note 'urgent talks' at the end.

'Though Russia claimed yesterday its airstrikes targeted the Islamic State, Syrian rebel groups told reporters that the strikes hit other groups, including some rebels believed to have participated in a CIA-supported training program. U.S. Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter noted that the strikes, which occurred in western Syria, were in locations “where there probably were not ISIL forces.” The U.S. representative of the Syrian National Coalition denounced the strikes, saying, “The Russian claim that they are there to fight ISIS is a baseless claim, and that was proven today. They are there to uphold a regime that lost its legitimacy and only controls 14 percent of the land in Syria.”

What - all five of them? :lol:

_https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/09/16/only-4-to-5-american-trained-syrians-fighting-against-the-islamic-state/

There are only four or five American-trained Syrian rebels currently fighting against the Islamic State, the top general leading the effort to build a force to counter the militant group in Syria said Wednesday.

The tiny number of fighters are part of the New Syrian Force, the byproduct of a $500-million-dollar train and equip program that was launched officially in December to train moderate Syrians to fight the Islamic State.

The remarks by Army Gen. Lloyd Austin, head of U.S. Central Command, angered members of the Senate Armed Services Committee who said the program is a failure.

WK said:
There are only four or five American-trained Syrian rebels currently fighting against the Islamic State, the top general leading the effort to build a force to counter the militant group in Syria said Wednesday.

The tiny number of fighters are part of the New Syrian Force, the byproduct of a $500-million-dollar train and equip program that was launched officially in December to train moderate Syrians to fight the Islamic State.

Not counting equipment that equates to 100+ million dollars per fighter.

30 years ago Hollywood fiction came up with a 6 billion dollar man, today Us Army comes up with a 100 million dollar fighter... It's crisis time, budgets are obviously shrinking :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom