Russell Brand: From Actor and Entertainer to... Truth-teller and Enemy of the State?

A Disturbance in the Force
i must say i was surprised by brands' stunning honesty and eloquence...

Absolutely superb. What a brilliant man - intelligent, articulate, funny, and awake. No wonder he and Katy perry split up.

Thanks for posting this 19 :)

Paxman came across as rather facetious himself with some of his questions. He seemed to be quite taken aback by Brand's genuine anger. On the other hand, from what I've seen in this video, Brand is rather lacking in some essential information. He doesn't seem to understand why the 1% want all the wealth and all the power, or what type of people they are. He doesn't understand the type of person who wants power, or the network of those types.

But, maybe he knows all this and is only saying what he is sure is safe. Perhaps he's learnt from the fates of Lennon, JFK, and all the other dead heroes.

I think there is the very beginning, the germ, a possibility of a hero in Brand, which surprises me, I must admit.

However, most importantly, Brand needs to read Political Ponerology.

I just saw this video today as well.
Brand is an interesting character & seemingly really genuine in his search to understand the world we're living in.

Although I think he is/or will be co-opted, I saw him being interviewed by Alex Jones and he is also a spoke person for the David Lynch foundation (_http://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/) where they teach transcendental meditation which is supported by very famous persons.

I don't think it's so bad but it would be great if he would learn about psychopathy.

Tigersoap said:
I don't think it's so bad but it would be great if he would learn about psychopathy.

Indeed.

Having learned from Lennon, JFK, Princess Diana and the others, are the PTB setting him up for the same manipulation? He is lost without a network. He is lost without the knowledge of psychopathy and the other types of psychological deviancy. It's also rather ironic that Brand is himself a very rich man. If he's sincere, he really, really needs to read Political Ponerology, at the very least.

I find it really frustrating because, on the one hand, I can see a potential in Brand, while on the other, I see an enormous vulnerability rooted in self-importance and lack of knowledge.

Lisa Guliani wrote some very interesting commentaries about Russel:

"Okay, Russell Brand: Yep, you're saying lots of stuff people want to hear. (Just like every single other politician, btw.)

And yeah, you're 'one of us' (Just like every politician that's come galloping across the hero horizon over the years, btw.)

But, I am reminded of something this other comedian said way back when:

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
― George Carlin

And so I have to ask, 'cuz I'm annoying that way, why it is you're being granted the opportunities to so openly articulate your political views in mass media venues. Curious, that is. Considering that you're not really espousing any point of view that hasn't already been articulated before, and usually for the purposes of perception management and manipulation, btw, I guess I am just having this little 'inner niggling' about what your purpose is, Russell.

Because society is way dumber than it used to be, by all appearances.
The public, by and large, seems pretty damn ( how shall I put this delicately) 'suggestible'. Put much less delicately: easily suckered, conned, taken for a f*cking ride.

So what kind of 'revolution' do you suppose you are 'starting', Russell, if the majority of society has been dumbed down?
A revolution of mass idiocy? (Sorry, tact has once again eluded me.)
How do you suppose, and I'm not demanding any 'solutions' from you, Russell, I'm just wondering: How would you see, if you could, a 'revolution' unfolding? How would it play out in your mind?

And I wonder, for what reason is mainstream media allowing you to make such politically incorrect statements? What do they stand to gain, other than the obvious, since you, Russell, are 'trending' right now?

I guess since so many others have come and gone before you, basically saying the same things you're saying now, and have been ignored, shunned, blackballed and defamed for saying the things you're saying, and certainly denied public access in the ways you've been granted, it just gives me pause, ya know?

And then I'm reminded of the provocateurs in the 'freedom' movement here in the U.S., and how they've tried and continue to try to incite people to engage in potentially violent, dangerous, disadvantageous, and most likely unworkable tactics - and again, I have to ask, what's your story, Russell? What's really going on here?

Because, as I've learned over the years, the ones who are really hitting the nerve, really striking the root, are being slapped with audits, lawsuits, and denied the very public access you now enjoy - and they have been singing a very similar tune.

I hate to say this, Russell, because a part of me wants to buy into you and what you're selling, it does. but there's this whole other part of me that is compelled to question what precisely it is you're selling - and for whom.

And since revolutions have been mostly ineffective throughout history, co-opted, controlled, subverted, dissolved from within, even financed by the enemy - ya know, essentially taken over and morphed into this 'controlled opposition' sort of thing just like lots of dissident groups, the alternative media, etc...

Well, it makes me wonder what you think will be accomplished by inciting the public, a public that for the most part, doesn't seem to possess even a so-so awareness of what the hell is really going on in this world, in their own government at any level, in their church, education system, their neighborhoods, etc...or, for that matter, seem to CARE enough about what's wrong with any of the above enough to actually pull their heads from the glue-sniffer or out from in front of their TVs long enough to inform themselves about what's going on, or what underlies that, or what things they can do about any of it.

Are you suggesting that the most suggestible among us should engage in a revolution? What the hell would that look like, I'm almost afraid to ask.

I don't know, Russell. In the U.S., we've still got our hands full just trying to get the mass majority to grok that there's little, if any difference between the 'Reds' and the 'Blues', because they essentially all work for the same elitist psychopaths.
I notice you aren't using that word, Russell. 'Psychopath.'
It's an important word, ya know.

I wonder in which direction your career would travel if you started adding that word to your revolution-themed political perspectives, and if your access to mass media platforms would be impacted at all.
That would be very interesting to see. Maybe you should try it.

It'd be very refreshing if you turn out to be the real deal, but I can't help but wonder, as that old familiar niggling feeling comes upon me.

Some might call it deja vu."

~ Lisa Guliani
10-24-13

You summed up my feelings about this guy perfectly Lisa, since he first appeared on TV I just thought "why are they letting him say this?". Although a childish part of myself likes to think that things are changing, something leaves me feeling uneasy after watching these interviews. He comes across as a perfect puppet with very little understanding of what's going on, it just screams controlled opposition.

He's very quick with words and seems to be well practiced in some kind of modern rhetoric, using just enough big words to impress the general public while still remaining understandable.

Carlisle said:
You summed up my feelings about this guy perfectly Lisa, since he first appeared on TV I just thought "why are they letting him say this?". Although a childish part of myself likes to think that things are changing, something leaves me feeling uneasy after watching these interviews. He comes across as a perfect puppet with very little understanding of what's going on, it just screams controlled opposition.

He's very quick with words and seems to be well practiced in some kind of modern rhetoric, using just enough big words to impress the general public while still remaining understandable.

I think it's too soon to call it. I see Brand as a well spoken comedian with keen insight, similar to what George Carlin was in his heyday. He could very well prove to be a puppet who will be used to vector people into the type of "revolution" the PTB would like to see, but so far I don't see any evidence of him vectoring anything.

All I see evidence for is that he sees the broken system for what it is (which isn't unheard of; there are many people outside of this forum who may not have the whole banana but are still able to see part of the picture clearly), is righteously pissed off and is erudite enough to speak intelligently about it. Everything he said in that interview was pretty much spot-on, as I see it.

My 2 cents

Endymion said:
Tigersoap said:

Indeed.

Having learned from Lennon, JFK, Princess Diana and the others, are the PTB setting him up for the same manipulation? He is lost without a network. He is lost without the knowledge of psychopathy and the other types of psychological deviancy. It's also rather ironic that Brand is himself a very rich man. If he's sincere, he really, really needs to read Political Ponerology, at the very least.

I find it really frustrating because, on the one hand, I can see a potential in Brand, while on the other, I see an enormous vulnerability rooted in self-importance and lack of knowledge.

All those people you mention were very rich, Endymion, and self-importance was evident in Lennon and JFK at certain stages in their lives.

I don't know - the potential for Brand to be co-opted is there, but he may surprise us. Let's hope.

The Strawman said:
Endymion said:
Tigersoap said:

Indeed.

All those people you mention were very rich, Endymion, and self-importance was evident in Lennon and JFK at certain stages in their lives.

I don't know - the potential for Brand to be co-opted is there, but he may surprise us. Let's hope.

Best case scenario: Brand learns about psychopathology, adjusts his rhetoric accordingly, and these ideas reach a really wide audience, acting as a catalyst for positive change.

Worst case scenario: Brand is a rabble-rousing puppet of the PTB and the people are led to their doom.

Only time will tell.

dugdeep said:
Carlisle said:

I think it's too soon to call it. I see Brand as a well spoken comedian with keen insight, similar to what George Carlin was in his heyday. He could very well prove to be a puppet who will be used to vector people into the type of "revolution" the PTB would like to see, but so far I don't see any evidence of him vectoring anything.

All I see evidence for is that he sees the broken system for what it is (which isn't unheard of; there are many people outside of this forum who may not have the whole banana but are still able to see part of the picture clearly), is righteously pissed off and is erudite enough to speak intelligently about it. Everything he said in that interview was pretty much spot-on, as I see it.

My 2 cents

I agree dugdeep. Brand may not be aware of psychopathy, but he is definitely aware of the problem of inequality and exploitation by the 1% elite of the 99%.
Whether or not he caves in if push comes to shove remains to be seen.
But for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Endymion said:
The Strawman said:
Endymion said:
Tigersoap said:

Indeed.

Best case scenario: Brand learns about psychopathology, adjusts his rhetoric accordingly, and these ideas reach a really wide audience, acting as a catalyst for positive change.

Worst case scenario: Brand is a rabble-rousing puppet of the PTB and the people are led to their doom.

Only time will tell.

Does it have to be so all or nothing? What about a middle of the road scenario where Brand continues to be a sh*t disturber, keeps calling it as he sees it and inspires some people to think beyond what the mass media are telling them? I've got some people in my facebook feed who are, probably for the first time, considering the idea of not voting in a pathological system. I see that as a good thing even if it's not the best case scenario.

Back
Top Bottom