Romantic Fiction, Reality Shaping and The Work

There was also a session where the Cs said something about men (and women?) losing their libidos in the times preceding or during The Wave. Those things put together have caused me to think quite a bit. And maybe some of you can think about it too and put together some obvious deductions. Like, ask yourself the question if the whole messing up of sex center energy is not a planned attack of some sort?
We only just discussed this at the Forum reading workshop last week, and I posted the relevant session excerpt a few days back in that thread. Here it is below (emphases mine):
Session Date 6 Nov 1994
Q: (L) Now, I was just reading in "Bringers of the Dawn" about male energy and female energy and it says: "We have said that the male vibration will transform in a very short period of time. We will not tell you why or how because some of you will consider it to be entirely too ominous, however, we will say that as the waves continue to come there will be a unilateral rising of consciousness within the population. At a certain point, when men are in the deepest point of mastering feeling, the feeling center will be activated. This will either occur gently or it will be blown wide open." What will be "entirely too ominous?"

A: Energy redirection.

Q: (L) Energy direction is going to happen and that is what you are saying is the ominous thing here?

A: Overview.

Q: (L) Well, what does energy direction specifically mean? What kind of energy?

A: Sexua
l.

Q: (L) And this is going to be the ominous event that would frighten people?

A: Repercussions.

Q: (L) What are the repercussions?

A: Many.

Q: (L) Could you tell us some of them?

A: First you must figure out answer to number one.

Q: (L) Well, sexual energy "redirected"; does this mean women will stop having sex with men?

A: Not exactly.

Q: (L) Am I close?

A: Yes. Men will lose most of their drive in favor of more spiritual pursuits. It is the sex drive that is at the root of most of the historical aggression and lack of feeling on the part of the male.

Q: (L) Can we tell others?

A: Might cause turmoil but up to you.

Q: (L) I noticed that at about the same time I began meditating heavily that my drive plummeted. Is this because of the meditation?

A: Yes. Females will lose some drive too. But how will humans react to this, that is the question. Will they be prepared?

Q: (L) Does this mean that everybody is going to lose interest in sex?

A: Will have much less and must learn to relate to each other more spiritually.

Q: (L) Is this because one of the major drives of the human being is for contact and, up to now, this has been manifested through sexual union and without the sexual urge they will be forced to find other ways to relate?

A: One would hope so. You are all moving toward 4th level which is less physical thus you must learn this existence in order to pass through into the 4th level.

Q: (L) And those who do not learn will not pass, is that correct?

A: Yes. Some will be relieved. It depends upon how advanced one is.

Interestingly, this whole thread also reminded me of Ch 24 of the Wave, and especially the coupling of the left hemisphere with the right, as seemed to be done by the ancient people’s of megalith societies:

The principles of Nature and the Cosmos that were studied and honored by these ancient peoples were later embodied as Bacchus/Dionysus, which concealed the true meaning and protected the tradition for a time. The Bacchic culture embraced three general principles that were, in modern terms, celebration, creativity and chivalry. Throughout history, whenever the mystic traditions have been revived, these three themes become dominant in the society.
“The direct, sensual experience of the world, unclouded by preconceptions or anticipation, is precisely what constitutes scientific empiricism and objectivity. It is at the root of the Cassiopaean motto: “knowledge protects”. But knowledge only protects if it is utilized.
Now, what does all this have to do with sex? Well, actually, nothing, but it has everything to do with making love. You see, sex as sex, is left-brain. It is desire and goal oriented. It is loaded with anticipation. When one thinks about having sex, one has an image in the mind’s eye of the end result. Even if it is not a visual image, it is an abstract image or concept of orgasmic repletion. It is a focusing on a physical act without due consideration of the spiritual connections and implications.
~
And that is where the full power of the right-brain is short circuited and caused to release its creative potential to a momentary contraction to a void that is uncontrolled, undirected, and unusable. After such an act, one is indeed in a condition where frequency resonances can be used to chemically or physically alter the DNA, or “put out the eyes”. Going after sex in any of the above ways is a raping of the right-brain function.” LKJ, Wave, Ch 24
I dunno if I’m on the right track with connecting some of the above, but having embarked on my first in this lot of recommended books, the words ‘celebration, creativity and chivalry’ popped into my head.

I read Marry in Haste by Anne Gracie yesterday, and enjoyed it. I’d say it was medium heat (the wedding night being the spiciest). The main themes of the book were more focused on friendship, love and family & home, with the extended motifs of chivalry, gallantry, strong-willed independent (yet feminine) women occurring throughout the series (currently reading Marry in Scandal).

How did the book make me feel? A deep sense of longing for those very things-friendship, love & family, trust. The sexual heat wasn’t high enough to cause me any concern (yet- let’s see how things go with the spicier books/authors!).

... just going through this thread ... but wandering to ask, what about non-book civilizations like Druids? Are we maybe heading into that reality ...

. just going through this thread ... but wandering to ask, what about non-book civilizations like Druids? Are we maybe heading into that reality
The C's answered this question in their last session from the weekend.

(L) I have started this thread "Using Books to Imagine a New Reality" (Using Books to Imagine a New Reality) about my reading materials. I hesitated to even bring it up because it's something that can so easily be misunderstood - and apparently it WAS misunderstood almost immediately by some people. However, I have speculated a little bit on the thread about the effects of reading particular literature. Am I on the right track with this?

A: Yes indeed!

Q: (L) Okay. Is there anything you would suggest further about this thread?

A: The books you suggest ought to be priority.

I'm currently 73% of the way through Seven Nights...

I've noticed while reading that it's helpful to stop and observe my reactions and thoughts to what I'm reading.

IOW, I don't just read and either enjoy or barf. Instead, I read and then stop fairly often and think about the story, the events, and most importantly how they made me feel and why they made me feel that way.

Well, it doesn't always result in lightning strikes of realization or anything, but it does seem to be pretty useful so far!

I'm thinking the same how it should look like normal life, that a human being will feel satisfy in his life and ofcourse people around should also feel satisfied by men.... :) When i say satisfied i mean to give love and feel what other's need. Nowadays most people treat others objectively :/ I think that literature can help to find stoic way :) Our emotions are produced by our brain. Depending on what we feel, we do it., sometimes is also affect our bodies depend what we feel :) For me emotion is like fuel for the machine or moto. After when we read all this literature i think we gonna have nice learning conversation :)

Finished The Unexpected Wife by Emily Hendrickson. It was a pleasant read with some comedic moments. There was quite a few scenes and situations where there was erotic interest shown, and the accompanying gamut of emotions, but no sexual acts were explicitly described. Toward the end I started to wonder if one of the phrases used to end a chapter was a euphemism for something else: "He rewarded her declaration with suitable appreciation." :umm: The story of the manor with all its gardening and entertainment, music, poetry, arbors, et cetera was very romantic and refreshing. It certainly made for more relaxing literature than some modern young adult fiction where there's always some kind of combat or sci fi/fantasy or otherwise fantastical element. It felt good to read these sorts of things, like looking at a beautiful painting. Some of the writing at the start was a bit emotionally stunted I felt (eg, this woman Juliet was in the middle of a plot to have her married to an undesirable man, so she fled a random village with no notion of where to go or what to do... there was some descriptions of this but I myself would have felt a lot more terrified of going into the unknown in such a way. More emotional attention was paid to a baudy display she unwittingly was involved in with her not-(yet)-husband Alexander Hawksworth to convince her brother-in-law she was married, and how embarrassed as humiliated she felt being a part of that. I like how it ended on the note of "Honestly is always the best policy, "which I thought was a good reminder that most people do want what's ultimately best for you at heart, if they are good people. Overall it was a sweet book, but by no means a steamy read of any kind. The woman and man acted like a lady and gentleman all throughout, once they got used to their new life, practicing external considering and a lot of emotional awareness of one another. I think Alexander was beating around the bush a little bit toward the very end, but he cleared everything up in his own time and they had a happy ending.

I'm going to start the first book of the Dancing with Clara series next.

I'm currently 73% of the way through Seven Nights...

I've noticed while reading that it's helpful to stop and observe my reactions and thoughts to what I'm reading.

IOW, I don't just read and either enjoy or barf. Instead, I read and then stop fairly often and think about the story, the events, and most importantly how they made me feel and why they made me feel that way.

Well, it doesn't always result in lightning strikes of realization or anything, but it does seem to be pretty useful so far!
Seven nights is IMO more difficult than the Horsemen series which I started with. There is a lot less paraphernalia and less time to digest the story. It’s really quite intense with only these two characters alone in a room. Reading the Horsemen was easy and a pleasure but this one is a challenge. I’m going to stop and observe more like you suggest because I sense that there is a lot to learn.

This is some of how I understand the purpose of reading these books:

Some time ago, it was explained in one of the sessions that we could watch, read, listen to - or otherwise expose ourselves to - any material as long as we were conscious of its perspective and orientation. The idea was that some material, if not mitigated by our awareness of its STS-ness, or pathological influences, could have a detrimental effect on ourselves; that the content could have some negative effect on one’s mental hygiene, or inner state.

In stark contrast, and on some other occasions, we’ve been given to understand that reading or learning about DNA, in particular, had actually had the effect of adding DNA strands to some of those who were steeped in the subject. And more recently, that learning about Intelligent Design in particular could have a positive effect on the growth of our very Being; to realize and understand that our very existence is no mere ’accident’! And so, for good reason, that was encouraged.

All of this as a way of saying that the material we ‘let in’ can negatively or positively effect us depending on the nature of the material, our attitude towards it - and in the case of fiction - what the intent behind the material is; the Information in said material having a substance to it - substance that, in a very real way, becomes a part of us - just like the food we eat (albeit on another level).

But how is that possible in this case?

When one reads a good novel, or watches a good film, there is quite simply a certain amount of identification that takes place as I understand it. One identifies, to some degree, with the protagonist’s challenges, short-comings and struggles during the plot’s many twists and turns. We BECOME the character to some extent. What they feel, we feel. What they realize, we realize. And one’s impressions and reactions, in effect, become a part of the story, or our experience of the narrative. And that narrative becomes a part of us in a way because we are right there - with the characters, thinking and feeling things as they do. Their ‘problems’ become our problems, and their successes become our successes. Their journey, therefore, becomes our journey.

Now, we are all here pretty much quite used to reading and learning about things that are “explained” to us in a “here is some information” data-based, and/or reason-based kind of way. That’s to say that we are used to using our mental faculties in a specific manner to add information to ourselves (like reading a non-fiction book or news article for instance). What we are NOT used to is considering how a work of fiction can illustrate and impart a process of understanding through the journey of the story itself. And its this process of coming to such a psychological and emotional understanding that seems to be what’s at issue here. And what these books have to offer us I think.

So I see the stories being suggested as a kind of emotional instruction. No doubt there are enough different characters with enough different flaws, traits and wounds that one won’t see at least some of those traits in one’s self - so much so that there has to be at least some recognition on the part of ourselves, if only unconsciously, of how these character features exist in one’s self and in one’s own makeup. And because we should always start with where we are, as truthfully as possible - with all our own flaws, traits, wounds and desires (not with some exalted, repressed, or twisted idea of what we are), I see these books potentially giving rise to a part ourselves (no pun intended) that has probably been neglected for various reasons for lack of better ‘education’.

I like to take good information and instruction where I can get it. If its true that one of our main problems is with our lower thinking and emotional centers, then this material may be of benefit to us more than we ‘think’. We oughtn’t get hung up on the fact that its not coming through the usual pathways.

[..] at the very least, Jonas should have relented when she asked him for seven nights, just as he had asked of her.
Actually, even before that; the whole wedding night situation was like, "Dude, what the.. !?!?!"

The C's answered this question in their last session from the weekend.

Thx ... I spotted that. Also, books, in general, don't have to be only written textbooks. Symbols and visual language is far more inspiring. Maybe they thought about those books too.

There must be something in that nonbook writing civilizations of the past. Some of the main books of our civilizations are coming from oral traditions, poorly written down into the books, many even thousands of years after ... There must be a good reason why those people didn't already do that in their time, to leave as a memory. They obviously had different use of stories and myths at that time. And they didn't bother about transferring that to us in the future, as it looks to me they were already plugged into the future.

And there is a question of if that writing and abandoning of oral traditions, did that made also change in the meanings of that stories - books - words - narratives? DId that created even more confusion. Was disappearing of Druids start the beginning of our "fake news" era?

Thx ... I spotted that. Also, books, in general, don't have to be only written textbooks. Symbols and visual language is far more inspiring. Maybe they thought about those books too.

There must be something in that nonbook writing civilizations of the past. Some of the main books of our civilizations are coming from oral traditions, poorly written down into the books, many even thousands of years after ... There must be a good reason why those people didn't already do that in their time, to leave as a memory. They obviously had different use of stories and myths at that time. And they didn't bother about transferring that to us in the future, as it looks to me they were already plugged into the future.

And there is a question of if that writing and abandoning of oral traditions, did that made also change in the meanings of that stories - books - words - narratives? DId that created even more confusion. Was disappearing of Druids start the beginning of our "fake news" era?

Can we please stick to the topic of this thread?! Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom