Roger Waters says 'no f---in' way' to Instagram using Pink Floyd song in ad

Debra

Dagobah Resident
LOL! Atta boy, Roger.
He has been on a Truth Crusade, and seems very determined to free Julian Assange.
Take that, Zuk...Pink Floyd does not sell out!

From the article:
"Roger Waters said Pink Floyd doesn't need any Instagram money, sharing at a recent event that the band denied the social media company's request to use "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2" in an advertisement, even though they offered a "huge, huge amount of money."
The revelation came at a pro-Julian Assange event last week, where Waters held a folder said to have the Instagram inquiry in it, and shared his response in front of the audience, saying "The answer is, 'F-- you. No f-in' way.'"

Hahahaha, I love you Roger!
[...]
The band has previously said they only want their music to be used for a good cause, and Waters felt this particular use of the 1979 song would be intended to "make Facebook and Instagram more powerful than it already is... so that it can continue to censor all of us in this room and prevent this story about Julian Assange getting out into the general public so the general public can go, 'What? No. No More.'"

Waters concluded his rant by turning his criticism specifically to Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook, the corporation that owns Instagram, questioning how he made his way from making an app to rate women's appearances to becoming "one of the most powerful idiots in the world."

I checked and couldn't see these posted elsewhere, and so for those that might have missed a recent Roger Waters interview on CNN, here are some snippets, at ~2minutes each.

Glad to see him back - the interviews can only be seen to highlight the ignorance of the interviewer, who is trying so hard to prop up the freedom and democracy position. Makes me wonder why the interview took place (CNN) knowing what would happen.

Good find.

Back
Top Bottom