Rock carving found in in Central Iran with six limbs has been described as part Man, part Mantis.

Debra

Dagobah Resident
Oh, man, this was in the morning news headlines, and it is really creepy.

Reality/timeline merges ?
Where's a nice harmless second cap, like Ark got?
Or a few million dollars.. :cool2:

1584371011165.png
The ‘squatter mantis man’ petroglyph next to a 10 cm scale bar. Credit : Dr. Mohammad Naserifard

A unique rock carving found in the Teymareh rock art site (Khomein county) in Central Iran with six limbs has been described as part man, part mantis.

Rock carvings, or petroglyphs, of invertebrate animals are rare, so entomologists teamed up with archaeologists to try and identify the motif. They compared the carving with others around the world and with the local six-legged creatures which its prehistoric artists could have encountered.

Entomologists Mahmood Kolnegari, Islamic Azad University of Arak, Iran; Mandana Hazrati, Avaye Dornaye Khakestari Institute, Iran; and Matan Shelomi, National Taiwan University teamed up with freelance archaeologist and rock art expert Mohammad Naserifard and describe the petroglyph in a new paper published in the open access Journal of Orthoptera Research.

The 14-centimetre carving was first spotted during surveys between 2017 and 2018, but could not be identified due to its unusual shape. The six limbs suggest an insect, while the triangular head with big eyes and the grasping forearms are unmistakably those of a praying mantid, a predatory insect that hunts and captures prey like flies, bees and even small birds.

An extension on its head even helps narrow the identification to a particular genus of mantids in this region: Empusa. Even more mysterious are the middle limbs, which end in loops or circles. The closest parallel to this in archaeology is the ‘Squatter Man,’ a petroglyph figure found around the world depicting a person flanked by circles. While they could represent a person holding circular objects, an alternative hypothesis is that the circles represent auroras caused by atmospheric plasma discharges.

It is presently impossible to tell exactly how old the petroglyphs are, because sanctions on Iran prohibit the use of radioactive materials needed for radiocarbon dating. However, experts Jan Brouwer and Gus van Veen examined the Teymareh site and estimated the carvings were made 40,000-4,000 years ago.

One can only guess why prehistoric people felt the need to carve a mantis-man into rock
, but the petroglyph suggests humans have linked mantids to the supernatural since ancient times. As stated by the authors, the carving bears witness, “that in prehistory, almost as today, praying mantids were animals of mysticism and appreciation.”

- The only reason I would spend time carving something into ROCK is to leave a WARNING!!

Here is one of the transcripts regarding Praying Mantises:

December 9, 1994

Q: (L) Now, I would like to know the name of the beings Ruth described as something like ants, flies or Praying Mantises in her hypnosis session?

A: Her essence.

Q: (L) Well, you said that the Praying Mantis beings that V encountered were called Minturians. Are these the same?

A: No.

Q: (L) Is there a difference between essence beings and incarnate beings?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) And what were those snaky, slug-like beings that she saw?

A: Same.

Q: (L) Are you saying that all of this stuff is who she is? All of these creatures and these…

A: In some of the alternate realities.

Q: (L) Do all humans have creatures like that that are their essence?

Q: (L) My essence is something that horrible and dark and icky?

A: Subjective.

Q: (L) Well, weren’t those horrible icky beings eating little children? Weren’t those real human children?

A: Yes. How do you think you are viewed by deer, for example?

Q: (L) Well, I can immediately see that. I saw that already. I mean that cows and chickens would have to view us that way. I mean, it’s pretty gross.

A: Roaches, too.

Q: (L) Is that why the night before Ruth’s session, I dreamed of ants that I could have stepped on and smashed, and for some reason I decided I did not want to take the life of even a single ant?

Q: (L) Was that dream preparing me for what I was going to experience in that session?

Q: (L) Well, what do we do about these essence parts of ourselves? I mean, I don’t like it that there may be something of the predator in me. I would like to not have it, or get rid or it, or transform it, or whatever.

A: Wait and see.

Q: (L) Well, am I going to have to remember myself doing things like that in order to come to terms with it?

Q: (L) Is that going to happen to me, that I am going to have memories like that surfacing?

Q: (L) Well, I am having a hard time coping with it in someone else, how am I going to deal with it in myself?

A: You will.

Q: (L) Is this something we are all going to have to do?

A: All eligible fourth density candidates.

[...]

An extension on its head even helps narrow the identification to a particular genus of mantids in this region: Empusa. Even more mysterious are the middle limbs, which end in loops or circles. The closest parallel to this in archaeology is the ‘Squatter Man,’ a petroglyph figure found around the world depicting a person flanked by circles. While they could represent a person holding circular objects, an alternative hypothesis is that the circles represent auroras caused by atmospheric plasma discharges.
[...]

(my bold above)

I was actually quite surprised to read on a mainstream (?) news site such as Eureka Alert that they would note the plasma discharge idea.

For a comparison of the Squatter Man petroglyphs mentioned in the article with the mantis:

1584379406509.png1584379417638.png

To me, the Plasma/Squatter Man comparison seems to be the most likely explanation. Ancient peoples surely could depict a more anatomically accurate mantis if that's what they had intended.

Just for reference, it's also up on SOTT: Depicting plasma? Ancient 'mantis-man' petroglyph discovered in Iran -- Sott.net

Back
Top Bottom