RIP George (my best pal)

liam1310

The Cosmic Force
FOTCM Member
Absolustely devastated, our much loved cat George had to be put to sleep early this morning. He was in pain last night lost the use of his back legs. Rushed him to the vet at 2am this morning at 5.30 am my best pal was put to sleep. He had a blood clot due to a heart condition, it came out of nowhere, we were not expecting it. Vet said it was best to put him to sleep. I held him and told him how much we loved him and thanked George for his companionship for the last 9 years. He was much loved by everyone he met, a very friendly gentle cat.

We had our doubts today, if we made the right decision. After reading Thebull recently went through a similar experience our minds are more at ease. RIP George and thank you, miss you pal. Hopefuly you will stick around for a while and look after your sister Hazel and your other two friends eyes and marley. 💓 Love you buddy.

Attachments

• 20200714_143417.jpg
    20200714_143417.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 66
  • 20200313_182239.jpg
    20200313_182239.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
I'm really sorry to hear about George's passing. May his furry little soul move on to the next chapter of the journey in peace. He looks like a real character and the bandana totally suited him! Today probably feels empty for you, 9 years is a huge chunk of your life. Hopefully it passes soon and all that will be left are heart warming memories of George's time with you :hug2:

The decision to let a 2D companion go is never an easy one and I noticed that most, if not all pet parents have second thoughts after it's done. But it's often the choice between what's good for the animal and a desire to keep the four legged companion around fo a bit longer. I think you did a compassionate thing by choosing the former.

Hi Liam1310, brought my loss back and tears to my eyes.
Really sorry for your loss 💔 I know the love was shared between George and you. Glad you were with him to the end. Take care of yourself and may George move comfortably to his next adventure. :hug2:

Absolustely devastated, our much loved cat George had to be put to sleep early this morning.

I feel for you ❤ My family is consistent of my daughter and our pets. I always had deep connections with animals, they are inseparable part of my world. It's a shock losing one's animal companion, sometimes even harder than losing a person cause they are such an intertwined part of our everyday existence and with them we are without the masks. Give yourself time to express sorrows for all that is gone (but only from your immediate surrounding) with this loss and remember you can always reach them through your heart., they are just a heartbeat away.

Back
Top Bottom