Restoring Gut Bacteria

There is this study I read a while ago that covid/shots does indeed destroy a bunch of beneficial gut bacteria, namely bifidobacterium. I have this one that I like by Garden of Life called Raw Probiotics Ultimate Care. It is 34 different probiotic strains, with at least 3 being various bifidobacterium strains:

1697330877662.png

They have refrigerated and non-refrigerated versions of the same.

I supose putting bacteria in the gut is one thing but geting the right bacteria to dispace the ad bacteria that causes gas and bad sleeping is something that can only be controlled by diet. Since my post got moved to this already existing thread i'll a read of previous posts.

Experiencing sudden problems with the intestines at the moment, abdominal pain and changes in bowl movement I researched details about IBS and SIBO(Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth)

Beside FODMAP diet most of experts prescribe (avoiding fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols, which are short-chain carbohydrates (sugars) that the small intestine absorbs poorly), most recommend the Collagen, Glutamine, Probiotics , Omega 3 and Curcumin and labeling IBS frequently caused by stress or similar . But I ran into work of doctor Mark Pimentel , whose research shows that most of IBS or SIBO are caused by food poisoning somewhere in past .

Pimentel Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai

By breath testing – SIBO test , which by measuring hydrogen or methane can detect small intestine bacteria overgrowth . Hydrogen is usually increased in cases of diarrhea and abdominal pain, while methane in constipation

The most common species identified in hydrogen presence are Escherichia coli(non pathogenic) and Klebsiella Aeromonas, in methane presence – those characters lives in colon and small intestine ,

So the protocol is used are antibiotics – Rifaximin etc..

The diet he prescribe is low fermentation food, which is less restrictive then FODMAP . Means restricting non digestible hydrates: no fiber no dairy no artificial sweeteners and spacing the meals (5 hours between the meals , in order to have time to clean the gut )

This protocols advise no probiotics if the SEPA shows the presence of pathogens, so if someone experiencing more serious gut problems like pain or IBS symptoms maybe first to check the pathogen presence prior to supplementing since as per this research the probiotic might be counterproductive prior cleaning the E.Coli or Klebsiella and then after the antibiotic clean those it can be proceed with the good microorganisms seed .

Hi @Mayb instead of antibiotics protocol for SIBO you could try Betaine HCL or apple cider vinegar

Thanks @Maya , havent done SEBO breathing test yet, Im on supplements and food restriction and my symptoms actually strated like 4 weeks ago with some stool change and abdominal pain. The stool is back to normal while abdominal pain like cramps is usually after meal and then it stops . But Im still investigating and the more Im checking the studies and data there is obvious signal that the overgrowth of bad bacteria in small intestine where they should not be present, can cause many leaky gut symptoms. If its indeed the E.Coli and Klebsiella, well those sre are strong pathogens , they can cause all good microbes to "run away" So sometimes they cant be fight with the food and suplementation only. Will investigate further and will follow my condition if it remains same will do the testing .

Back
Top Bottom