Religious Exemption from the Vaccine

Pecha

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Hi folks, with the recent executive order by Biden requiring government employees, government contractors and businesses having more than 100 employees, there has been increased pressure from companies to formulate a new vaccine policy moving forward:

Tidbit from the executive order: "Accordingly, building on these actions, and in light of the public health guidance regarding the most effective and necessary defenses against COVID-19, I have determined that to promote the health and safety of the Federal workforce and the efficiency of the civil service, it is necessary to require COVID-19 vaccination for all Federal employees, subject to such exceptions as required by law.

Sec. 2. Mandatory Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Each agency shall implement, to the extent consistent with applicable law, a program to require COVID-19 vaccination for all of its Federal employees, with exceptions only as required by law. The Task Force shall issue guidance within 7 days of the date of this order on agency implementation of this requirement for all agencies covered by this order."

Religious exemption is available in most USA states and philosophical exemptions are available in only a few of them. If you're a FOTCM member or are deeply striving to uphold its principles in both a bodily and spiritual level, there is a part in the FOTCM principles document that we can use for an exemption notice here:

FOTCM Statement of Principles

I highly recommend reading all of it if you haven't done so, but the salient points are:

6.1 On the Law of Exclusion: "...On the level of the mind, these toxins include false ideas and beliefs, which are countered by discernment and critical thought. On the level of the body, these toxins enter the body through various impure or injurious foods (which includes grains, dairy, vegetable oils, and most processed foods), pharmaceuticals (which includes certain vaccines), and environmental toxins, and must be cleansed by a process of proper diet, detoxification and by diminishing as far as is possible their entry into the body..."

6.7 On PaleoChristan Rights: "We recognize that PaleoChristianity is founded on Free Will and the elimination of physical, psychological, and spiritual toxins from our bodies, communities, and souls. As such, we recognize our right to be exempt from compulsory, impure and/or injurious vaccinations and/or medications (see 6.1. On the Law of Exclusion) and to practice the use of alternative medicines where they are available and/or legal; from service in any armed forces, police force, or militia (see 3.5. On Human Creation and 3.6. On Human Destruction); to choose our diet without discrimination or persecution (see 6.1.); to smoke tobacco without discrimination or persecution (see 6.4. On the Use of Drugs); to choose our own family relations, education and educational environment, and to live freely in our own communities and to structure them according to PaleoChristian principles (see 6.6. On Soul Communities); to have free movement between our Companionships of Ancient Science and Spirituality; and to refuse to act in any other way that is in conflict with the core principles of PaleoChristianity."

My employer gave me a heads up that there may be policy changes concerning the vaccine in the future and perhaps this can also help others moving forward. Another avenue to pursue is to get a written doctor's note for exemption in addition to writing a formal letter detailing the benefit/risk ratio describing the vaccine situation supplemented with scholarly papers on the subject as well as providing anecdotal evidence of your own or others' experiences with the vaccine. Doing this with a level mind to employers that understand on some level will greatly enhance, with the aid of networking, the knowledge of both parties.

This is my particular experience, not trying to be a Debbie downer.
Everyone from our company had to walk out whether they applied for a religious or medical exemption. Their argument was that we became an "undue burden" to the company.
In my opinion the plan from the beginning was to have a 100% compliance rate, no exemptions. Seems like the whole process was a formality.
I also live in a state with employment at will. Meaning that I can leave or they can "let me go" at any point for any reason. Unless there's a signed contract. I'm not a lawyer obviously but also most corporations make employees sing an arbitration agreement. Meaning people can't go trough regular court to sue (at least not right away)

Once again I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer. Just be aware of other possibilities, regional labor laws and what paperwork you've signed when hired.

Last edited:
This is my particular experience, not trying to be a Debbie downer.
Everyone from our company had to walk out whether they applied for a religious or medical exemption. Their argument was that we became an "undue burden" to the company.
In my opinion the plan from the beginning was to have a 100% compliance rate, no exemptions. Seems like the whole process was a formality.
I also live in a state with employment at will. Meaning that I can leave or they can "let me go" at any point for any reason. Unless there's a signed contract. I'm not a lawyer obviously but also most corporations make employees sing an arbitration agreement. Meaning people can't go trough regular court to sue (at least not right away)

Once again I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer. Just be aware of other possibilities, regional labor laws and what paperwork you've signed when hired.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have a feeling that this is a possibility that can happen at my company, especially when they can be heavily fined or lose fruitful government contracts. I like the individuals there and I don't want to cause them any financial loss because of a rather selfish decision on my part. Depending on the situation, I'd rather choose between leaving the company of my own accord or take the jab to prevent that. I'm leaning more towards the former, but I at least want to try other avenues of exemption even if it is futile in the end. I think there's something to be gained in my character even if it physically results in nothing but "wasted" energy. My boss says he will try to do what he can once I have a viable exemption and if it doesn't work out, it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom