Religious exemption from flu shot mandate?

mk1154

The Force is Strong With This One
Hello all,

My employer is mandating a flu shot for all employees this year -- even myself who works from home and never goes into the hospital. When I joined FOTCM I seem to remember something about being able to claim religious belief as an exemption for the flu shot through the organization. Is there any particular verbiage I an use for this?

I found an older thread where someone had the same problem, but religious exemptions were not allowed: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,24931.0.html

The egg allergy won't work as they are providing egg-free shots too. Here is what I need to provide:

A medical exemption request must include supporting documentation from the treating physician.
A religious exemption must demonstrate a “sincerely held religious belief” and must include documentation of facts to support this.

I'm not sure what that would include... has anyone dealt with this before? Thanks.

Dig up some info on it for us and if you are a member in good standing, we'll be happy to provide and excerpt of our statement of principles to which you have vowed adherence.

See here, also:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/27/legal-vaccine-exemptions.aspx

https://lawblog.justia.com/2015/02/19/religious-exemptions-mandatory-vaccinations/

Sample religious exemption letter:
http://www.vaccineinfo.net/exemptions/relexemptlet.shtml

Thank you for the links. I am a member in good standing. I presume the sections of the principles I should include in my letter are these?

In constant struggle with ourselves, we strive towards the Good, towards understanding and serving others on the ascending way. But just as water must be cleansed of toxins in order to sustain life, the mind, body, and spirit must be cleansed in order to align with the forces of Creation. On the level of the mind, these toxins include false ideas and beliefs, which are countered by discernment and critical thought. On the level of the body, these toxins enter the body through various impure or injurious foods, pharmaceuticals (which includes certain vaccines), and environmental toxins, and must be cleansed by a process of proper diet, detoxification and by diminishing as far as is possible their entry into the body.

We recognize that PaleoChristianity is founded on Free Will and the elimination of physical, psychological, and spiritual toxins from our bodies, communities, and souls. As such, we recognize our right to be exempt from compulsory, impure and/or injurious vaccinations and/or medications (see 6.1. On the Law of Exclusion) ...

Yup. That should do it. But read the info on those sites. You might just want to use that language and write your own letter using the form given on one of the links.

May I ask what state or country you are in? There may be laws in your jurisdiction against mandating a flu shot by your employer.

My employer is in Ohio. I inquired about an exemption today and was told that my department is not required to get a flu shot this year. No doubt I will be required in the next few years so as to get as much taxpayer money from the gov't as they can (I work for a hospital... their mandate is probably related to federal funding). I'll refer back to this thread when the time has come! Thanks for the help!

My understanding is that the mandate is coming from CMS. Reimbursements will be cut if facilities don't make staff vaccination targets. Just with my ear to the ground, I'm not hearing much in the way of objection to the practice. I know of one RN that got a religious exemption. The facility didn't ask her questions about it.
In private facilities (like medical offices) CMS is cutting pay for not participating with 'meaningful use' of electronic health records. Eventually, it might be required to even be a part of the medicare program. Won't surprise me if the vaccine mandate goes to private offices too.

I rather expect some people in some places can get under the radar as long as the facility makes the target.
On electronic record pages, I am seeing vaccine status on patients, getting reminders to nag them about needed shots.

mk1154 said:
My employer is in Ohio. I inquired about an exemption today and was told that my department is not required to get a flu shot this year. No doubt I will be required in the next few years so as to get as much taxpayer money from the gov't as they can (I work for a hospital... their mandate is probably related to federal funding). I'll refer back to this thread when the time has come! Thanks for the help!

You may want to continue digging into this now. That way you will have more time to look things over, come up with a plan, have your ducks in a row and not have to sweat it so much at the time you will be required to have the shot.

Also, keeping up to date with what is going on with the vaccine madate, what is allowed, what isn't during the next year.

MK, I worked at the Tulane National Primate Research Center and they offered free flu shots to all their employees. Supposedly, they were not live. I am the healthiest of persons, usually. After getting the shot, I went home from work, felt strangely tired and laid down. I woke up so sick I thought I was dying. In fact, I was so weak I could not even call for help. I have no egg allergies. I was sure my father was going to find my dead body on the couch and finally mustered enough strength to call my sister. I have never been that sick, that fast. When I told the nurse about my reaction, she told me it was "normal". I will never get another vaccine, ever. I have no idea what's in those things but I don't trust any of them, anymore.

I had a similar experience some years ago. Not only very sick after the shot, but the whole season was one illness after another. 3 bouts of strep throat, for example. Very rare for me to get sick. It seemed to knock my immunity way down.
When my employer's agent (MD) came around with the mandates, I explained why I didn't want to do it. I was told I'd be fired if refusing and that this could only have been coincidence.

What happens if you just say no? And what happens if everyone else does the same? You could say that it constitutes physical assault and infringes your human rights (it does, I think). It's a pity there isn't an exemption on the basis of stupidity. "I'm not having this because it's dumb", but you have to use arguments like:

1. Doesn't work
2. Potentially harmful and may have opposite effect to what's intended
3. Conflict of interest problems (you name it, Big Pharma, the CDC, Government, problems with fraud and scientific misconduct)
4. An attack on human rights.

The first two you have to produce scientific evidence for. And, after you've said all this, they look at you as if to say 'what are you making all this fuss about'? 'I've had it and it didn't hurt me'. I'm thinking it has more to do with forcing people to comply to being treated like a herd of animals.

You might find some help here:
http://www.nvic.org/about/barbaraloefisher.aspx

I thought this was an interesting article:
http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/cdc-admits-flu-vaccine-does-not-work-influenza-outbreak-on-fully-vaccinated-navy-ship/

Why do people object to eating GMOs and accept and injection of the same? There's something not right with this type of 'science'. And I think the problem lies in that we are not allowed to question it. Might interfere with someone's control or income stream.

I also forgot to put this link from Dr Tenpenny's site in here:
http://drtenpenny.com/killing-children-in-the-nicu/

She's doing a lot to raise awareness about problems with vaccines.

The bottom line is that the institutions need the target numbers to be vaccinated, or there is loss of federal funding. It is an order from HHS. Federal funding is huge in hospitals.
To try to get people to refuse all together would be considered sedition. Also, most people seem to think it is a good thing, getting the shot for free.
I keep my ear to the ground about this stuff. Most workers seem to be unconcerned. I know of one RN that had enough concern to speak up and refuse. He was either fired or he quit, not sure which.
One of my jobs is now requiring MMR vaccine.

Interesting way to force a population to do something that's ineffective and potentially harmful. Just do it via with holding financial support. There's something intrinsically wrong about that.

Back
Top Bottom