Religion?

Agharta

A Disturbance in the Force
I just checked the site of FOCM and i saw that its a religion. I just dont get it, cause i thought religions were a control system. Can someone can explain it to me?

Agharta said:
I just checked the site of FOCM and i saw that its a religion. I just dont get it, cause i thought religions were a control system. Can someone can explain it to me?

How about you search the forum and read, and also read the materials provided on the FOTCM site first? If there are still questions left, I'm sure someone will be happy to answer them.

In addition to checking out the FOTCM site and various discussions here on the forum, keep this in mind:

'Life is religion. Life experiences reflect how one interacts with God. Those who are asleep are those of little faith in terms of their interaction with the creation. Some people think that the world exists for them to overcome or ignore or shut out. For those individuals, the world will cease. They will become exactly what they give to life. They will become merely a dream in the 'past.' People who pay strict attention to objective reality right and left, become the reality of the 'Future.' -- Cassiopaeans, 09-28-02

Agharta said:

If you'll pardon the use of male gender for grammatical purposes, I'll make an attempt.

For a man on a certain level of understanding it is a black & white issue. Religion is good or bad and a man is either under control of religion or he is free. There are no other options.

For a man on another level of understanding, religion is one of many control systems and one should fight all control systems to be free. One is under control systems or one is free. One should fight all control systems in order to be free.

For a man on another level of understanding, he recognizes systems. Religion is a control system for those who need to be controlled. If a man controls himself, then he can walk in and out of many control systems as he wishes because he has an Aim. In fact, the man, himself, can put the "control system" to use for his Work. He can use religion to express what he calls his spirituality in a social setting. He can use religion for social networking in accord with his Aim. Basically, he can use it as a Strategic Enclosure.

Even the figurative Don Juan talked of the old Toltec sorcerers taking on the role of priests in order to temper the spirit and work the petty tyrant strategy against the Spanish Conquistadors while living and developing the Warrior's Way.

So, in large part, we might say it's how you want to look at it and that will probably be determined by your inner beliefs rather than by conscious whim or choice until you can choose your own perspectives. If you want to try on forum member perspectives, then read the background material and appropriate threads as suggested.

I believe Laura has covered all these angles and aspects, including from an alchemical perspective in her written material. If I could wave a magic wand and give you all the info at once, it would probably explode you :), so all you can do is just go step-by-step. You're free to choose aren't you?

Back
Top Bottom