Reiki and Pyrokinesis video

GRiM

The Living Force
Just wanted to share a quite strange video (of John Chang), well strange for me atleast.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Aos0hnwiHt8

Its about a healer that shows his skills in public and the results of that, its a snippet from a documentary form sometimes in the 90´s.

Couple of years ago, I have read about "John Chang" (not his real name) and "Nei Kung" when reading the following:

The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal by Kosta Danaos

Cynthia Sue Larson wrote a review on it.

From: _http://www.amazon.com/Magus-Java-Teachings-Authentic-Immortal/dp/0892818131
Cynthia Sue Larson said:
Kostas Danaos' story about THE MAGUS OF JAVA became possible when he started out on a quest to track down the man he saw in a documentary film called, "Ring of Fire", who could start fires by intently focusing yin and yang energy onto a small pile of papers. I also saw this spectacular film footage, and was quite impressed by it --it was the most memorable and amazing part of the whole film.

Danaos was so moved by seeing the film of the mysterious man with the pyrokinetic powers that he set out from his homeland in Greece to find him, and ask if he would accept Danaos as a student. Fortunately for us, Danaos succeeded. His book tells the story of how the amazing Chinese-Javanese acupuncturist and martial artist John Chang came to be "The Magus of Java", and includes some highly personal accounts of his early training with his neikung master.

Many people will be skeptical that there are individuals who can train themselves to levitate, be telepathic, and have precise control over telekinetic abilities. If you cannot suspend your disbelief, this book might be unsettling to you. Since I have personally experienced a wide range of rather amazing incidents (including putting my hand through several layers of clothing I was wearing to touch my own bare skin underneath), overwhelming doubt is not an impediment to my keeping an open mind about the remarkable claims made by Kostas Danaos of John Chang's abilities.

What sets THE MAGUS OF JAVA apart is the way Danaos presents the concept of learning to work with yin and yang energy as being the key to mastering one's ability to extend the powers of one's mind beyond one's body. Only limited results are possible when we work with just yang energy -- while incredible things are possible with a combination of yin and yang. The yin and yang are much like polar opposites, and when energy is intentionally allowed to flow between the yin and yang designated areas, miraculous things can occur. I especially loved the many stories of the "Taoist Immortals" sprinkled liberally throughout this book, as they helped to point out that humans with god-like powers can sometimes cause as much damage as they can bring healing and good to the world.

While many martial arts and bioenergetic schools work exclusively with yang energy (and a few work with yin energy), there are precious few who appreciate and integrate a combination of the yin energy with the yang. The system of neikung that John Chang teaches contains 72 levels of mastery, and the reason that only the first four are rudimentarily covered in this book is that it is extremely dangerous to practice these meditations without a teacher's guidance. Several people died as this form of neikung was being developed by trial-and-error, since the two energies of yin and yang when compressed and placed side by side have tremendous power to destroy.

I give this book my highest recommendation to any serious student of spirituality, metaphysics, or the martial arts. Reading it with an open mind will show you a world of new possibilities, and might just change your life!

In his years of study with John Chang, Danaos has witnessed and experienced pyrokinesis, telekinesis, levitation, telepathy, and much more exotic phenomena. He has spoken with spirits and learned the secrets of reincarnation. Most important, he has learned John Chang's story. John Chang is the direct heir to the lineage of the sixth-century b.c. sage Mo-Tzu, who was Confucius's greatest rival. His discipline, called the Mo-Pai, is little-known in the West and has never before been the subject of a book. Now, John Chang has decided to bridge the gap between East and West by allowing a book to be published revealing the story of his life, his teachings, and his powers. It will surely expedite what may well become the greatest revolution of thetwenty-first century--the verification and study of bio-energy.
and

Nei Kung: The Secret Teachings of the Warrior Sages by Kosta Danaos

Book description:
From_http://www.amazon.com/Nei-Kung-Secret-Teachings-Warrior/dp/0892819073/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b/002-8327407-6125606
Explains the science behind the practice of nei kung, the elemental nature of yin and yang energy--the two components of ch'i, and how learning to control the yang energy in our ch'i can result in the release of dynamic energy.

• Establishes the existence and understanding of nei kung in the practices of many of the world's ancient cultures.
• Includes a step-by-step guide to the meditation that forms the basis of the practice of nei kung.
• By Kosta Danaos, author of The Magus of Java and apprentice to an immortal of the Mo-Pai tradition.

In 1994 Kosta Danaos was accepted as a student by John Chang, a Chinese-Javanese Taoist in the Mo-Pai tradition and a master of nei kung, the practice of harnessing and controlling our body's bioenergy, or ch'i. Nei Kung: The Secret Teachings of the Warrior Sages describes the practice of nei kung and how learning to control our ch'i can result in the release of dynamic energy that can be used for healing, pyrogenesis, telekinesis, levitation, telepathy, and more.

Danaos suggests that both components of ch'i--yin and yang energy--are fundamental to the earth and to life and were recognized and used in many of the world's ancient cultures. Though we have forgotten how to access them, these components are in fact elemental parts of us. The author explains that we first must open our minds to the fact that the power of ch'i is real. Next, in learning to control our ch'i as a whole, we must learn to channel our yang energy in productive ways--a potential we all possess. To help readers understand their capacity to connect with this inner elemental power, the author offers a fascinating blend of teachings that include sound scientific theories explaining much of the "magic" of nei kung. He also offers historical, linguistic, artistic, and literary proof of the presence and understanding of nei kung throughout the ages and a step-by-step introduction to several types of simple meditation--fundamental to directing one's ch'i.

With his engaging storytelling and disarming humor, his physics-based explanations for seemingly mystical phenomena, and his reassurances that he's really no different from the rest of us, Kosta Danaos shows us that once we remember our capacity to harness our yang energy, we can change ourselves and our world.
Above readings are the only detailed stories of this "Chang" person (so far). Danaos was Chang's student. What Chang did was adding a "physical energy" inside his naval by meditating and combining yin (passive) and yang (active) into his naval (which is considered to be an empty warehouse), which in turn lead him to become physically stronger. The full detail of such technique on how to do it is not revealed in these books because, as according to Chang, he does not want to create "monsters." He was very selective when training other people and it is highly dangerous training (since it was mentioned that some had died in the process).

If you read these books, it is my opinion that you would need to be extremely careful when trying out these basic techniques as outlined in "Nei Kung" book. I did the excerise a few times, with focusing on navel for an hour. And, I felt so much heat stirring within that area. I finally stopped because I really don't want to burst myself into flames. So it's safe to say: "Don't try this at home, kids."

On thinking back on it now, I think he may have access the 4D somehow. However, I am not sure because I don't know the right connection between our concepts of 4D and Chang's as of yet. It has been a while since I've read these books.

And, I have never seen the video of him in action before. Thanks, Grim!

Edit:

Found another link as related:
_http://www.martialdevelopment.com/blog/final-qigong-demonstration-of-john-chang/

fwiw

Great articles! Its great that I could point you to a obscure video and you had some great information about him and his 'system'. Networking is a good thing :)

I'm not sure I'd use the term "reiki" to describe this phenomenon...

_http://www.cassiopedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Reiki
A Japanese Tendai Buddhist named Mikao Usui claimed to have discovered Reiki after long meditation, fasting, and prayer. Usui wrote that by mystical revelation he had gained the knowledge and spiritual power to apply and attune others to what he called Reiki.
I'm a bit skeptical of his claim that he "discovered" this form of energetic healing, since there is evidence of similar techniques, based on metaphysical theories dating back to ancient times, being widely known about and praciced all over the far East for a very long time.

Rather, it looks like he is practicing a much older tradition based on the "mystical nervous system" of the Chinese, or acupressure/acupunture.

The principles of this tradition can be discerned through eastern martial arts, Indian Yoga, Daoist Alchemy, Chinese medicine (of which are all various forms of "Qi Gong") and can be traced back (OSIT) to a common root.

It's not much of a "secret" as of such, all "Qi gong" societies have a wide common understanding and practice fragments of these aforementioned principles, even today (Although it IS vanishing, like Chang says).
There have been secret societies practicing "purer" elements of this tradition for ages, but, throughout history, any chances of disseminating this knowledge may have been stifled, as practitioners of the different forms of this tradition tended to have a nasty habit of getting themselves murdered.

But, although I am interested, I'm no expert of the history of this tradition, and I might be totally wrong. I'd be happy discussing this topic with people who know more about it.

Zadius Sky said:
If you read these books, it is my opinion that you would need to be extremely careful when trying out these basic techniques as outlined in "Nei Kung" book. I did the excerise a few times, with focusing on navel for an hour. And, I felt so much heat stirring within that area. I finally stopped because I really don't want to burst myself into flames. So it's safe to say: "Don't try this at home, kids."
Nei gong means "internal work", where you are working primarily with the "Dan Tien" or the navel chakra, and projecting the energy outwards from there. It's wiser IMO to first practice "Wai Gong", or "external work", which focuses on opening the meridians of the limbs and nourishing the whole energy circuit that way. Wai gong is less dangerous because you are working with the minor maridians in your arms and legs as opposed to tampering with the main energy centres, it's best to learn how to walk before you try running.

Novelis said:
Nei gong means "internal work", where you are working primarily with the "Dan Tien" or the navel chakra, and projecting the energy outwards from there. It's wiser IMO to first practice "Wai Gong", or "external work", which focuses on opening the meridians of the limbs and nourishing the whole energy circuit that way. Wai gong is less dangerous because you are working with the minor maridians in your arms and legs as opposed to tampering with the main energy centres, it's best to learn how to walk before you try running.
Maybe trying to manipulate the body's energy through any of the meridians is trying to 'run before you walk.' Part of the reason that working with the major meridians might be dangerous could be because of how screwed up our psyche is in general. It could be that work on developing a healthy mind would set the stage for these meridians to also flow properly. Trying to bypass that work while manipulating the meridians with an unhealthy mind could 'blow a fuse' so to speak. osit.

Related to "Wai Gong" and "Nei," it seems that one usually does the 'external work' of trying to see and understand the world around us before doing the internal work of seeing the lies in ourselves.

Novelis said:
I'm a bit skeptical of his claim that he "discovered" this form of energetic healing, since there is evidence of similar techniques, based on metaphysical theories dating back to ancient times, being widely known about and praciced all over the far East for a very long time.
Are you talking about Usui here? If so, it seems he probably knew of such kinds of healing before his initiation, and so I doubt that he would have claimed to have originally discovered Reiki. There are stories that he did a lot of study before his initiation. Also, when his teachings came to the West, it seems a lot of it has been corrupted. You only have to spend a little time reading most any Reiki forum to see how much distortion there is. Many in the New Age community have also seemed to have claimed Reiki as there own and so corrupt it further. I wonder about what kind of energy they are actually sending out.

I agree though, that Chang's use of energy looks to be more like a mastery in his use of Chi rather than Reiki, although there could be some overlap.

Shane said:
Maybe trying to manipulate the body's energy through any of the meridians is trying to 'run before you walk.'
With "manipulate" being the operative word, yeah, I think so too.
There are so many "visualization" energy exercises thesedays that are all about ignoring/destroying/denying/losing all senses of reality in order to blindly embrace illusionary and subjective "revelations" and "spiritual benefits" one reaps from doing these exercises.

Shane said:
Part of the reason that working with the major meridians might be dangerous could be because of how screwed up our psyche is in general. It could be that work on developing a healthy mind would set the stage for these meridians to also flow properly.
Yes, I agree.
Working with this "Qi" can be done while keeping one's feet anchored to the ground, but knowledge gained from developing that healthy mind must be utilized in a practical sense when working with Qi.

Shane said:
Trying to bypass that work while manipulating the meridians with an unhealthy mind could 'blow a fuse' so to speak.
Bingo! There is no free lunch.
Sheesh, imagine throwing in mind altering substances to the mix! Screwed up mind, reckless energy manipulation and LSD (For example), now there's
a nice receipe to fry your system in 3 easy steps.

No wonder the new age cult mongering community produce so many baked noodles... It's a shame really, some of them might have been genuine truth seekers.

I put the two books on my wishlist and hope the read them in a few months. I saw the video of John Chang setting fire to the paper from a posting on facebook and after thinking about it I wonder if there could be a connection of some kind between what he is able to do and people spontaneously combusting. Like a person that just combusts having a problem with their chi energy or something that gets out of control.

Very interesting, I was into qi gong in my youth and upon constant practice for a period, people said that it looked like I was considerably younger, "like a baby" they said.

In the video above, John Chang says that it's not electricity, it is chi, but what about this guy:
  • _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_YqHL7p5Yk
  • _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY745NxZwsY&feature=fvwrel

Completely different energies being used? Different levels of mastery in using one and the same energy?

bngenoh said:
Very interesting, I was into qi gong in my youth and upon constant practice for a period, people said that it looked like I was considerably younger, "like a baby" they said.

In the video above, John Chang says that it's not electricity, it is chi, but what about this guy:
  • _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_YqHL7p5Yk
  • _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY745NxZwsY&feature=fvwrel

Completely different energies being used? Different levels of mastery in using one and the same energy?

The electric man doesn't generate his own power, he just seems to be able to conduct and store external electric charges without harm to himself.

Back
Top Bottom