regenerate to a youthfull appearance ?

rrraven

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
I just watched this YT video on dry fasting and ordered the book too
is this the next step after keto ?

Dr. Dunning explaines why fasting with water is water dieting and only dry fasting provides the way to rebuild the body

I just watched this YT video on dry fasting and ordered the book too
is this the next step after keto ?

Dr. Dunning explaines why fasting with water is water dieting and only dry fasting provides the way to rebuild the body

I took a look at the video. Summary for others:
- The book concerns the research of Dr. August Dunning, a former NASA scientist. He claims his work is based on the discovers of several Russian scientists.
- His central claim is that its possible to slow/reduce aging through dry-fasting (not water-fasting).
- Dry-fasting will activate autophagy and let the body make new, fresh cells without the markers of aging.
- Done properly, this could extend lifespan as much as 25 years.

Most of these ideas aren't new, but I've never heard of 'dry fasting' as substantially distinct from water fasting. If someone would like to read his book and report back, it's entirely possible that there are some interesting discoveries for health here to be had.

Very interesting rraven. Just given a book latetly by a friend called " The science and fine art of fasting" by Herbert M. Shelton. Haven't read it yet but will start it soon. Your post is very timely and giving me a push in this area of health.
I think that fasting is one part of the solution along with Keto at least when repairing our nervous system which I believe is the main hub of all the rest of our systems, digestive, immune, hormone,etc.
Thanks for posting rraven,
Like the name by the way, Ravens are the truth Sayers!!!😊

thank you Wu Wei Wu for the summary
I will report back here when I have read the book ,it should get here next month

Thanks Rrraven, glad to hear that. Added this thread to my watch list, looking forward to your report back.

In the meantime, if anyone on the forum is already familiar with dry fasting and its effects, it would be great if you could share it with us all here.

Don't know much about dry fasting. I'd be concerned about getting enough electrolytes.The book would be interesting to read, thanks for sharing. Will have to look into this more.

Maybe with taking electrolyte capsules without water to keep them balanced?

Might not work well for all if capsules are hard to swallow without water. There's also the Quinton Hypertonic water option - is that still dry fasting in that case?

Thanks for sharing, @rrraven

I'm looking forward to checking this book out and learning more on this. I fast fine with water, though get a sickly feeling once I break it with an unhappy throat and lymph system disturbances (glands feel sore), as I remember, that with fasting, white blood cell counts increases.

First I've heard of it.
A short, entry at Google-German confirms that this really exists.
I wanted to know if the blood will thicken if the body doesn't get any water - but I didn't find anything - in the evening I will have another look at this topic.

Pretty sure dry fasting has been mentioned, maybe in the keto thread? Also there seems to have been a SOTT podcast about it. I would not want to be immortal, as that defeats the purpose of the short wave cycle. But if it helps ailments and improves well being, then it would seem worthwhile.

I wonder if STO or STS programmed the methylation markers? In other words, is is a purposeful design feature that benefits us?

You are right!
Of course, I am not looking for immortality - would be creepy! ...But since I never heard about dry fasting, I am interested in the function.
I will search for the SOTT podcast - thanks for the info 3DStudent.

Found it. It's older than I thought:

In a short search I found this:

"Water, as a universal solvent, supplies nutrients and hormones to the body, regulates body temperature, and lubricates our eyes and joints," explains Mitchell Moffit and Greggory Brown of AsapScience.

And as educator Mia Nacamulli explains in a new animation for TED-Ed, when your body becomes dehydrated, the sensory receptors (nerve endings) of the brain's hypothalamus — found in what scientists call the "thirst center" (OCPTL) - send signals for the release of an antidiuretic hormone.

This hormone reaches the kidneys and causes aquaporins, proteins in cell membranes that can carry water molecules, allowing the blood to hold more water in your body.

And, when this happens, the urine becomes darker and has a stronger odor.

We will also feel, during this dehydration process, that we have less desire to urinate and that we secrete less saliva.

And we are likely to feel dizzy because, in the meantime, our brain is trying to adjust to the lack of its essential fluid.

Adaptation mechanisms
A dehydrated brain shrinks due to lack of water, and it must work harder to achieve the same thing as a brain that has enough water.

This process, however, can only last a few days: if you stop drinking water completely, your body will begin to experience more serious effects and, in the end, it will completely stop working.

Stopping drinking water for days (chronic dehydration) can lead to other disorders, such as diabetes, high cholesterol, skin and digestive problems, fatigue, and constipation.

The survival time varies, depending on each person, between three and five days, although cases of people who managed to survive longer have been reported.;-)

the book has arrived and I have read it
I am now on day 1
start weight 69.6 kg
Stopping drinking water for days (chronic dehydration) can lead to other disorders, such as diabetes, high cholesterol, skin and digestive problems, fatigue, and constipation.
really ? constipation I can believe but diabetes? and oooh the dreaded high cholesterol...when I see that term I loose all confidence in the source
we are not talking about being lost in a desert , it is a controlled process with lots of bathing ,showering (in cold water) and breathing cold moist night air thru the nose and you are at home and can break the fast anytime you want
I will try and copy some here

''during dry fasting a process of intense cleansing begins as toxins are eliminated.
Purification can only take place by NOT ingesting exogenic (external) water and occurs with the cleaner high quality metabolic water synthesized by the body''

your body can make its own water if needed by burning fat
and those of us on keto can maybe confirm that they need to drink less these days
my biggest problem will be my caffeine withdrawal , already on keto and literally have not been hungry in years

I will report back

Back
Top Bottom