Regency Jewels

Beautiful work, Alejo! Thank you so much for creating these videos. They sum up so many important thoughts and lessons we can read about in the romance novel thread in a very fitting aesthetic. It is a very uplifting break from the day. I am looking forward to the next ones.

Can we share it on our social networks?... I'm going to go see your second video
Yes please! by all means do share :)

Thank you all for your kind words, it means a lot that you guys are finding them appealing. It's quite a task to try to convey something to someone else, something you understand, in a way that will help them understand it also.

Third one is already cooking.

I tried to share it with Mary Balogh but FB had be banned temporarily -_-

stay tuned!

It's quite a task to try to convey something to someone else, something you understand

Totally, for sure this will expand more that gift of the word that you have. You have a very clean, concrete and nuanced way of connecting word after word in a way that makes it easy to understand what you are saying, untying mental knots to help others see things more clearly even when they know little or nothing about a specific topic. This ability to untie mental knots will be the hook for those who are looking for a less superficial form of communication.

Do you think it is prudent for those who may share your videos to tag Mary Balogh?

C'est fait ALEJO, j'ai partagé sur VK, Twitter et MEWE...
Je suis encore banie de Facebook pendnt 12 jours, dès que ma connextion sera rétablie je les mettrai toutes les deux aussi...
Merci encore... et BRAVO

It's done ALEJO, I shared on VK, Twitter and MEWE....
I'm still banned from Facebook for 12 days, as soon as my connection is restored I'll put them both up too....
Thanks again... and BRAVO

Probably something that would be best run by her. Managing a social media campaign can be time consuming and lots of notifications popping up can distract from other tasks.

On the other hand she may welcome the additional traffic to her page that might generate.

Yes, that's part of the reason for my question, but one don't have to totally manage a social media campaign, I'm not thinking in that sense. By adding hashtags you can "silently" massify the material, which would be close to writing many mini-books and making them available to people through the channels they interact with on a daily basis; the people who resonate with it will do the rest of the work by sharing it.

With notifications we can't do anything with that but doing it alone will consume more additional charge of time. Having someone who can help so as not to be distracted from the priority tasks, would be the right thing to do depending on the time demanded by the networks, except for your own interest according to the interaction that the users have.

In facebook they will always be blocked, therefore one have to expand the channels and adapt to them. Sorry if I sound too enthusiastic and leave many things out by ignoring or not fully understand what you tell me or talk as if I ignore the time of others. It's just that I see "gamers" and so many other meaningless things in social networks and they can do it even without knowing how to manage networks, so I see no limitation in this. What so much annoyance can generate a notification every so many months and go seeing the rhythm?

All in due time, my best wishes with all this.

Do you think it is prudent for those who may share your videos to tag Mary Balogh?
Well, part of me thinks.. why not, if someone completely foreign to this thread were to share the video and happen to have her on their FB, they'd probably tag her and let things fall where they will.. on the other hand, I think that having the courtesy to ask her and giving her a chance to decide is the right thing to do.

So, I will ask her once my FB ban is lifted, and post here what she prefers, she might be ok with being sent the videos, and controlling how their posted, or she might be ok with people tagging her, but I'd like to give her that choice.

Will keep you all posted!

Hi Everyone,

For a little while I have been thinking of taking some of my posts on the romance novels and turning them into video essays, turning some of the very nice ideas that most of us have found and making them more appealing to a larger audience that resides outside the forum.

I received amazing help from awesome several people who gave me invaluable feedback, so this isn't all my credit.

I wanted to share it with you all, feedback is always welcome and I hope you enjoy what I have put together.

For your consideration, here's the first video of Regency Jewels.

Mind you, these are my thoughts about the novel, so there are mild spoilers. Be aware, if you're the kind of person who hates spoilers.

Thank you all.
I didn't realised it was YOU who made the video! You are very talented!

You are talented on so many levels @Alejo , a very gifted individual. I don't know what you do for a living, but, imo, it should be what you are doing here. You bring out the very emotions and understanding in the viewer that MB tries to convey in her novels with the written word only. But by combining three different mediums (very well done, btw)-music, video, and your own interpretation via the spoken word-you draw out and engage the knowledge and awareness (Being?) of the viewer on a much deeper level.
FWIW :cool: :cool2:

You are talented on so many levels @Alejo , a very gifted individual. I don't know what you do for a living, but, imo, it should be what you are doing here. You bring out the very emotions and understanding in the viewer that MB tries to convey in her novels with the written word only. But by combining three different mediums (very well done, btw)-music, video, and your own interpretation via the spoken word-you draw out and engage the knowledge and awareness (Being?) of the viewer on a much deeper level.
FWIW :cool: :cool2:
Thank you so much for your kind words Redrock12!, and thanks a lot Ryu as well.

I am very humbled to learn you guys liked them :)

Third video on Someone to Wed is up, for your consideration and comment and feedback, here's:

Someone to Wed: Meeting the monster in your wounds​

For readers of this series, what you are doing here makes much sense in summary, so well captured in images, words and voice, and for those who have not read these books, it may also inspire.

As for feedback (may have missed someone saying this), have you considered setting up - sending out a type of blog post (sort of like what luc has done) that offers a brief written description with each new video, wherein people also can sign up to your blog and be easily shared (fwiw - however, do not know how it works exactly)?

Back
Top Bottom