Recommended Books: Discussion

Can you recommend books explaining the green environmentalist scams? My wife is suddenly interested in reading books about them. I recommended The Vegetarian Myth right away, but I don't know really good books covering the global warming scam and the green energy scam.

I just saw this book being advertised on FB and it's launch is today. It's titled "Bright Green Lies" and one of the book's authors is Lierre Keith, the other two are Derrick Jensen and Max Wilbert.
A brilliant ray of hope, "Bright Green Lies" is one of the most important books of our time. Ordering now from the bookseller of your choice, and join the authors for their launch event tomorrow evening. "Bright Green Lies" tells the story of how our environmental leaders--the "Bright Greens"--twisted "saving the planet" into serving as a lobbying service for "green" industrialists and billionaires. In stunning, epic detail the reality that so-called green, renewable energy is just another form of death to life on earth is presented. Like "Planet of the Humans" except in the far greater detail possible in a book, "Bright Green Lies" reveals that those machines made by industrial civilization cannot save us from industrial civilization. This is the most hopeful book possible: only by being in the RIGHT story aka reality is there any real hope for humans and non-humans alike.

Hello! Can anyone recommend any books about how to begin (I am going to say this wrong, I know the idea but not the right words) "creating friction within to begin forging all of your many "I's" into one single 'I'" - or books on how to do the work to become un-mechanical and/or undoing your programs? I feel like there are plenty of great books explaining mechanicalness and showing that we all run on programs, but not many (that I know of) that point you in the right direction towards undoing all of that!

I am noticing all of my little "I's" SO MUCH LATELY and I hate it. I am tired of saying one thing and then doing a different thing 4 hours later.

So any book recommendations would be so awesome! Thank you so much.

Hello! Can anyone recommend any books about how to begin (I am going to say this wrong, I know the idea but not the right words) "creating friction within to begin forging all of your many "I's" into one single 'I'" - or books on how to do the work to become un-mechanical and/or undoing your programs? I feel like there are plenty of great books explaining mechanicalness and showing that we all run on programs, but not many (that I know of) that point you in the right direction towards undoing all of that!

I am noticing all of my little "I's" SO MUCH LATELY and I hate it. I am tired of saying one thing and then doing a different thing 4 hours later.

Hi Shelby. Could you share a list of some of the books you've already read? That will give us an idea of where you're at, and therefore which books might offer a new approach. It's probably a good idea to have some books under your belt for theory, and some romance books to guide the emotional center through various scenarios to let the theory sink in on a deeper level.

Hi Shelby. Could you share a list of some of the books you've already read?
Yes I can! I have read all "The Wave" books 1x, and books 1-5 2x through.
Ive read "In Search of the Miraculous" about 1/2 way through.
Ive read about 1/2 of "The Narcissistic Family"
Part of "Secret History of the World"
Part of "The Fire From Within" by Carlos Casteneda
And Part of "From Paul to Mark PaleoChristianity" recently

I have tried 3 times to get into 3 different Romance Novels that were recommended by Laura, but always give up about chapter 2 cause it's hard to read things where I am not learning 😅

Yes I can! I have read all "The Wave" books 1x, and books 1-5 2x through.
Ive read "In Search of the Miraculous" about 1/2 way through.
Ive read about 1/2 of "The Narcissistic Family"
Part of "Secret History of the World"
Part of "The Fire From Within" by Carlos Casteneda
And Part of "From Paul to Mark PaleoChristianity" recently

I have tried 3 times to get into 3 different Romance Novels that were recommended by Laura, but always give up about chapter 2 cause it's hard to read things where I am not learning 😅
I'd recommend finishing In Search of the Miraculous. I'll throw these ones out as suggestions (maybe others can chime in with others):

Wilson's Strangers to Ourselves
Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
Samenow's Inside the Criminal Mind

This one hasn't been recommended on the forum, but it's a modern psychologist's take on Gurdjieff's practical psychological ideas: Schreiber - Gurdjieff's Transformational Psychology.

And I recommend sticking with the romance novels! You can think of them as exercises in applying the things you learn from non-fiction. Get into the story, but also analyze the character's thoughts and interactions and see if you can spot examples of the types of thinking from the non-fiction books.

I think sections 2 and 3 are mandatory reading for programs and psychology.
2. Narcissism "Big Five"
The Myth of Sanity: Divided Consciousness and the Promise of Awareness2.1 - Martha Stout
The Narcissistic Family - Stephanie Donaldson-Pressman and Robert M. Pressman
Trapped in the Mirror: Adult Children of Narcissists in their Struggle for Self2.2 - Elan Golomb
Unholy Hungers: Encountering the Psychic Vampire in Ourselves & Others - Barbara E. Hort
Character Disturbance: The Phenomenon of Our Age2.3 - George K. Simon

3. Cognitive and Social Science
Strangers to Ourselves: Discovering the Adaptive Unconscious3.1 - Timothy D. Wilson
Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change3.2 - Timothy D. Wilson
Thinking, Fast and Slow3.3 - Daniel Kahneman
You Are Not So Smart3.4 - David McRaney
What Makes Your Brain Happy and Why You Should Do the Opposite3.5 - David DiSalvo

Hi @Shelby, another good place to start is on the diet and health literature too. Your mission seems to be about growing a will, but without being in good health there is a lot of noise injected into our systems that makes connecting and listening to our higher selves harder.

When it comes to diet, Primal Body, Primal Mind is a great introduction to the paleo diet and the damage that modern, industrial agriculture does to people's bodies and genetics. Then Detoxificication and Healing & Detoxify or Die are important information on how to deal with the pollution and toxins we passively accumulate in our lives.

I'd recommend finishing In Search of the Miraculous. I'll throw these ones out as suggestions (maybe others can chime in with others):

Wilson's Strangers to Ourselves
Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
Samenow's Inside the Criminal Mind

This one hasn't been recommended on the forum, but it's a modern psychologist's take on Gurdjieff's practical psychological ideas: Schreiber - Gurdjieff's Transformational Psychology.

And I recommend sticking with the romance novels! You can think of them as exercises in applying the things you learn from non-fiction. Get into the story, but also analyze the character's thoughts and interactions and see if you can spot examples of the types of thinking from the non-fiction books.
Awesome thank you so much for this list! I have read Seven Habits of Highly Effective People too, I need to read it again, it was a while ago. Currently finishing In Search of the Miraculous. Again, thank you very much!

I think sections 2 and 3 are mandatory reading for programs and psychology.
Thank you for this recommendation!! I will look into those more seriously.

Hi @Shelby, another good place to start is on the diet and health literature too. Your mission seems to be about growing a will, but without being in good health there is a lot of noise injected into our systems that makes connecting and listening to our higher selves harder.
Thank you very much! This one is a hard pill to swallow because I am a lover of food, but something I know I need to work on. I appreciate your recommendation!

I understand all the suggestions given, and then I discovered you had a thread: Seeking Advice on Personal Family Matter (Christianity and External Consideration)
Maybe your particular situation might be relevant to the sequence of reading. If many emotions are tied up with Christianity, what would happen if you moved From Paul to Mark up on the list, because in this work Laura recovers the baby from the bathwater in a very thorough way, which makes the book a serious read, but also very liberating when you reach the remarkable conclusions at the end.

(...) I have tried 3 times to get into 3 different Romance Novels that were recommended by Laura, but always give up about chapter 2 cause it's hard to read things where I am not learning 😅
(...) And I recommend sticking with the romance novels! You can think of them as exercises in applying the things you learn from non-fiction. Get into the story, but also analyze the character's thoughts and interactions and see if you can spot examples of the types of thinking from the non-fiction books.

I agree with Approaching Infinity, I wouldn't discard the romantic fiction project as "not learning". You said you're half way through In Search of the Miraculous, in that case you have probably already read about the development along the line of knowledge and the line of being. Osupensky quoted G saying that in order to progress we must grow along those two lines simultaneously.

Here's a relevant quote:
“Generally speaking, the balance between knowledge and being is even more important than a separate development of either one or the other. And a separate development of knowledge or of being is not desirable in any way. Although it is precisely this one-sided development that often seems particularly attractive to people.

If knowledge outweighs being a man knows but has no power to do. It is useless knowledge. On the other hand if being outweighs knowledge a man has the power to do, but does not know, that is, he can do something but does not know what to do. The being he has acquired becomes aimless and efforts made to attain it prove to be useless.

(...) “The development of the line of knowledge without the line of being gives a weak yogi,” said G., “that is to say, a man who knows a great deal but can do nothing, a man who does not understand” (he emphasized these words) “what he knows, a man without appreciation, that is, a man for whom there is no difference between one kind of knowledge and another. And the development of the line of being without knowledge gives a stupid saint, that is, a man who can do a great deal but who does not know what to do or with what object; and if he does anything he acts in obedience to his subjective feelings which may lead him greatly astray and cause him to commit grave mistakes, that is, actually to do the opposite of what he wants. In either case both the weak yogi and the stupid saint are brought to a standstill. Neither the one nor the other can develop further.

The books you said you've been reading and that have been recommended here are very useful in developing our knowledge but in order to grow our being different tools are needed. The romantic fiction project was in fact described as a useful tool to help with that. There's only as much as we can experience in our daily lives with interactions often being limited, not only due to covid restrictions but also due to the limitations of specific circumstances of our lives. The romantic fiction selected by Laura expands the range of emotions and situations we can explore and work through, thus helping us grow our emotional side along with the intellectual one. And this in turn will help us assimilate the knowledge we've been gathering more effectively.

Korzik18 shared an interesting post that sheds some light on how exactly our romantic fiction reading project may be helpful in developing our being:

(...) The results of a study published in the journal Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience showed that people who associate themselves with fictional characters activate a part of the brain called the ventral medial prefrontal cortex (vMPFC), which usually becomes most active when a person thinks about himself. This means that people who are keen on the heroes of the book evaluate and perceive them the same way as themselves.

“The findings show how important fiction is for some people. For them, books are a chance to find a new identity, see the world through the eyes of another person, and perhaps even change after the experience they lived while reading,” said Dylan Vanger, one of the from the authors of the study.

The current study demonstrates that the neural representation of fictional characters within the vMPFC differs between those who readily and regularly experience narratives from the perspectives of characters and those who do not.
For individuals high in trait identification, who internalize the experiences of fictional characters, accessing knowledge about fictional characters more closely resembles accessing knowledge about the self, and this may especially be true for those characters to which they feel closest and who they like the most.
The evidence presented herein shows that the merging of self and other that identification with fictional characters entails can last beyond the confines of the narrative experience itself. When fictional characters are brought to mind later outside of the narrative context, individuals nevertheless differ in the levels of self–other neural overlap they exhibit.
There are countless examples of narrative fiction altering the course of people’s lives by influencing their attitudes, values and, in some extreme cases, even major life decisions such as what career to pursue. When individuals experience stories as if they were one of the characters, a connection with that character is formed and, as our findings suggest, that character becomes intertwined with the self.

Your posts tell me you are very interested in the Work and it's really great to see. Laura encouraged you to join the romantic fiction reading before indicating that this is a good way to work on yourself too so maybe it would be useful to give it another try? If you do, don't give up after a few books, as mentioned in the session I quoted below some people need closer to 100 books to achieve good results:

(L) Deckard wants to know why he got cancer.

A: FRV.

Q: (Pierre) Entropic FRV?

A: Not "entropic" so much as negative internalizations.

Q: (L) So, he really needs to work on his FRV. Is that it?

A: Yes

Q: (L) Is it as we were saying earlier in our discussion that dealing with karmic and simple understandings is the key? I wrote a post about it on the romance novel thread today [New title: Romantic Fiction, Reality Shaping and The Work] Is this one of the ways that can really help with that? It can take you through multiple processes by engaging in this reading project, thinking about it, and sharing with others what you are experiencing and learning?

A: Yes. True for nearly everyone.

Q: (L) Some of the people in the project thought that they could read 2 or 3 books and that'd do the job. My view of it is that it could take 100 books.

Q: (L) And that's because you can't find everything about your particular situation, plus you're dealing with processing out past life stuff too. So, it takes a lot of reading and going through different scenarios in order to learn these things.

I agree with Approaching Infinity, I wouldn't discard the romantic fiction project as "not learning". You said you're half way through In Search of the Miraculous, in that case you have probably already read about the development along the line of knowledge and the line of being. Osupensky quoted G saying that in order to progress we must grow along those two lines simultaneously.
Thank you for this post, Ant22, it was very helpful to me.

I read In Search of the Miraculous many years ago but the part you quoted either didn't register at the time or I had forgotten it. I suspect that I'm a little lacking in being, not to say that I have a lot of knowledge, but I do see many instances where my actions don't match my knowledge.

I have started on the romance novels based on the recommendations from Laura, the C's and many others on the forum. So far I've only read 3 novels. I'm making slow progress but I'm enjoying the reading and I'll keep going as far as I can until our reality disintegrates.

I see that these are now available as audiobooks.

The Archaeology of Mind: Neuroevolutionary Origins of Human Emotions - Jaak Panksepp and Lucy Biven
The Mask of Sanity: An Attempt To Clarify Some Issues About The So-Called Psychopathic Personality - Hervey Cleckley
UFOs and the National Security State - Richard Dolan
The H Factor of Personality: Why Some People are Manipulative, Self-Entitled, Materialistic, and Exploitive―And Why It Matters for Everyone

I learn and evolve more through novels "virtual experiences" rather than nonfiction books.
Read a novel with the topics you want to learn or experience!

Not just to promote my own novels :) but they're about ascension, contact with interdimensional beings, recovery from mind control, and other similar topics. Writing the novels has enhanced my view of the world.
The Silent Subversion Trilogy.

Good Luck with your search! Share anything else you find :)

"The Geometry of divine spark" 1 and 2 by Serena Alba is a must read too. It's a great book about human energetic field, energetic vampirism and defense against it.

I'm not sure where to put this, but it appears there is an error in my old copy of 911: The Ultimate Truth. (2002-2005) Of course, it may have already been dealt with. :-)

In Part 1, page 132 it says, right at the top of the page,: ....the words of former U.S. President J. Edgar Hoover, who is reported to have said, "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists".

He was many things, including powerful, but he was never presidential...

Back
Top Bottom