Recently people say what I'm thinking in conversation?

monotonic said:
I think it wouldn't be noise if it was put in the right section of the forum. After all, talking about it is the reason you have gotten feedback. If you were more proactive about discussing your thoughts, maybe there would be less setbacks from this sort of thing? We have people like LQB here who understand EM theory better than I do.

This is true and I will try to keep that in mind moving forward. Thanks for the feedback.

trendsetter37 said:
Ok so I was mulling over some seemingly theoretical ideas this weekend which actually lead me to reflect back to this thread. The direction lead me to posit that:
  • Spiraling Structures are often associated with electrical currents (thinking about birkland currents here)
  • The chemical/protein structure of hair takes the form of a spiral
  • Interestingly (and I tested this) hair is electrically conductive
  • Hair may act as an antennae to the environment. Similar to aerials

What am I getting at? Well also when I started noticing this seeming non-verbal connection with others was also the time I decided to stop cutting my hair. Up until about a year and half ago I always kept my hair cut short or buzzed. So in light of adding as much data to the pot as possible I would also like to put forward A hypothesis that maybe longer hair has something to do with in my case anyways.

I have read other threads that explore this concept as well. The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

Do any or you guys or gals where your hair longer than usual? I'm sure the causality is not 100% but I think the other factors listed are curious.

Many years ago when I quit my job, I went through a period of self examination, truth searching & rebellion. That is when I 1st became aware that things were not as they appeared to be. During that transition I let my hair grow out. Being a person of African/Caribbean descent I decided to wear my hair naturally and embrace who I was culturally. As my hair grew into locks the more aware and attuned to things people around me were oblivious to. They are like antennae. The funny thing is more people mourned the loss of my locks when I cut them off. After all it is hair & it'll grow back. My locks are still present, just invisible & the antennae still work. I believe hair pick up vibrations and if you are in tune with yourself, interpret those signals on an unconscious level.

Holy hell I thought I was the only one !

Not only people kinda synchronize to my thinking, though I had the assumption my facial expression was enough. But my thinking have been sort of predicting a lot of circumstances. For example, I was watching sott video about earth changes, and I told myself that I shouldn't be surprised if a hole opens up in my neirhborhood tomorrow. The next day indeed we felt a mild quake on my country.

Since starting this thread I haven't noticed another occurrence, although this may be due to having stumbled a bit and not Working very intently, as it seems. It seems like it was most frequent during the period when I was most "unplugged" from television (which) and other distractions and I was working hard to see and address reality. It just seemed like a lot was "in tune" for a while.

I do tend to let my hair get relatively long between cuts, although monotonic is the one with the larger "array". ;)

I was reading a few moments ago from the book "The Lost Christianity" by Jacob Needleman, when someone just knocked at my door. When I go to open the door I see 2 girls from The Watchtower, trying to introduce me to the Baptism and the Bible and their group. That's very funny and strange indeed! :D

I didn't know where else to post this.

Today, something weird happened! This lunchtime, I met up with some of my old colleagues. At the end of the lunch, as we were getting up to depart back to our respective places of employment, a thought, not even a thought, lets just say something came over me and I asked one of them when she was moving to her new place in the city as a joke. (She doesn't live in this city so has to do a commute ever since I've known her). I said this mainly out of anxiety I suppose, anxiety to say something, a build up of pressure then you say anything to release the pressure, sort of a fear of silence type thing.

Anyways, turns out she is moving into the city imminently. Now, that was one hell of a coincidence and I had to field questions about how I knew that because she has only told a select few people. My answer, just a random question and coincidence.

Thinking about it now, that was one hell of a coincidence! I wonder if something else was going on underneath the surface? What possible explanations could their be?

luke wilson said:

Today, something weird happened! This lunchtime, I met up with some of my old colleagues. At the end of the lunch, as we were getting up to depart back to our respective places of employment, a thought, not even a thought, lets just say something came over me and I asked one of them when she was moving to her new place in the city as a joke. (She doesn't live in this city so has to do a commute ever since I've known her). I said this mainly out of anxiety I suppose, anxiety to say something, a build up of pressure then you say anything to release the pressure, sort of a fear of silence type thing.

Anyways, turns out she is moving into the city imminently. Now, that was one hell of a coincidence and I had to field questions about how I knew that because she has only told a select few people. My answer, just a random question and coincidence.

Thinking about it now, that was one hell of a coincidence! I wonder if something else was going on underneath the surface? What possible explanations could their be?
Maybe it is a desire of yours to move out of from your place, since you were talkeing about this recently? And it manifests unconciously?

edgitarra said:
luke wilson said:

Maybe it is a desire of yours to move out of from your place, since you were talkeing about this recently? And it manifests unconciously?

Wow! Didn't think of that perspective... thanks edgitarra.

HowToBe said:
Maybe I am undecided as to whether to say it or not, or I'm still working over the idea. Then, the other person says the very thing I was thinking of! This usually happens with my Mom,

This has also been happening ALOT with my mother and I lately. Just little things, like what to eat, or some random idea like "i need to do laundry." One will be thinking it, and the other will say it.
This also reminds me that a few nights ago I was watching a movie on my laptop with headphones on, with my eyes closed, falling asleep. Even though the movie was playing, I was still having those racing thoughts we all have experienced when we're trying to wind down for the night. however, Im not sure exactly what i was thinking about, but three different times, as soon as i thought a certain sentence, I would hear it playing in the movie, maybe not exactly word for word,but what i heard was definitely part of the exact sentence in my mind. The first time it happened i just brushed it off as "cool" or "weird" but then it happened again. And on the the third time i held a specific sentence in my mind, something like "i need a sign" or something silly like that. Sure enough in the next ten seconds i hear, "how should we show her,she must know, we need to send her a sign."
I got the message after that and decided it was bed time.
Im almost positive i was watching The Illusionist with Ed Norton and Jessica Biel, great movie btw.

Just figured this related to what you were talking about, and wanted to share :)

Be well,
Danielle

Delizco said:
HowToBe said:
Maybe I am undecided as to whether to say it or not, or I'm still working over the idea. Then, the other person says the very thing I was thinking of! This usually happens with my Mom,

This has also been happening ALOT with my mother and I lately. Just little things, like what to eat, or some random idea like "i need to do laundry." One will be thinking it, and the other will say it.
This also reminds me that a few nights ago I was watching a movie on my laptop with headphones on, with my eyes closed, falling asleep. Even though the movie was playing, I was still having those racing thoughts we all have experienced when we're trying to wind down for the night. however, Im not sure exactly what i was thinking about, but three different times, as soon as i thought a certain sentence, I would hear it playing in the movie, maybe not exactly word for word,but what i heard was definitely part of the exact sentence in my mind. The first time it happened i just brushed it off as "cool" or "weird" but then it happened again. And on the the third time i held a specific sentence in my mind, something like "i need a sign" or something silly like that. Sure enough in the next ten seconds i hear, "how should we show her,she must know, we need to send her a sign."
I got the message after that and decided it was bed time.
Im almost positive i was watching The Illusionist with Ed Norton and Jessica Biel, great movie btw.

Just figured this related to what you were talking about, and wanted to share :)

Be well,
Danielle
There might be a physiological cause for this. It made me think of an article on Sott about schizophrenia and the perception of time I read a few months ago. Now, I'm not at all trying to imply you have schizophrenia or anything like that, just that maybe when certain parts of our brains get out of synch experiences like this might occur (plenty of people have reported odd perceptions while trying to force themselves to stay awake).

Here's the relevant section of the article:
http://www.sott.net/article/195379-Timewarp-How-your-brain-creates-the-fourth-dimension
Schizophrenia has many symptoms: tormenting voices which emanate from windows or walls; delusions in which those affected lose the sensation of controlling their own bodies and thoughts; and occasional clumsiness or a jerky gait. Could all these problems stem from a faulty internal clock?

Schizophrenia certainly seems to affect people's perception of time. If someone with schizophrenia is shown a flash of light and a sound separated by 1/10th of a second, they typically have trouble discerning which came first. Such people also estimate the passing of time less accurately than most others. Now a flurry of studies has shown that if you upset the internal clocks of healthy people, you can create some of the symptoms and delusions associated with schizophrenia.

In one experiment, healthy volunteers learned to play a video game in which they had to steer a plane around obstacles. Once people became used to the game, the researchers modified it to insert a 0.2-second delay in the plane's response to volunteers moving the computer mouse. After the modification, the players' performance initially worsened; but in time their brains compensated for the delay, to the extent that they actually perceived the movement of the mouse and the movement of the aircraft to take place simultaneously.

But the subjects' strangest experience occurred then the experimenters removed the delay and set the timing back to normal. Suddenly, the players were perceiving the plane to be moving before they consciously steered it with the mouse (Psychological Science, vol 12, p 532). That's uncannily similar to how people with schizophrenia describe feelings that they are somehow being controlled by another being.

It's not the only experiment to demonstrate that these eerie feelings can arise from a faulty understanding of the timing of events. For example, we cannot normally tickle ourselves; somehow the intention to make the movement also suppresses the response. But when people were asked to brush the palm of their hand using a robotic probe that introduced a 200-millisecond delay between the intended movements and the actual movements, they felt the same sensation as they would if someone else were tickling them.

"That gets to a core issue in schizophrenia - the question of whether you are in control of your own body," says William Hetrick, who studies the brain's timekeeping and schizophrenia at Indiana University in Bloomington. "The ability to attribute actions to oneself versus others, to perceive one's own thoughts against thoughts generated from external sources, perhaps requires a tight coupling in time [within the brain]."

The idea could explain many of the experiences reported by people with schizophrenia. By muddling the order of thoughts and perceptions within your brain, for example, you might move your hand before you are conscious of the decision, making it feel as if someone else is controlling your movements. And when an advert appears on TV, your brain might picture the product before it consciously registers seeing it on screen - creating the disturbing illusion that your thoughts are being broadcast on television.

If poor time-processing really does underlie many psychotic delusions, it could point to a single culprit in the brain: the cerebellum. For decades, the cerebellum has been seen as a centre for timing the movement of muscles, but some neuroscientists now reckon that it might coordinate thoughts and the processing of sensory perceptions too.
For what it's worth.

So I see the possibility of multiple phenomena here. Part of the reason my experience seemed so weird to me was that there was a delay of three seconds or more before the other person mentioned what I had been thinking, leaving little chance of it being an artifact of perception. If it had been instant I would have suspected a phenomenon like what's described in the above article. I've had the experience of saying the same thing as others at the same time before, mostly with Mom and my brother, and that doesn't seem so strange; two people with similar thinking patterns voice the same thought due to similar responses to some stimulus. Now, that could be the explanation for the delayed version as well, perhaps combined with some unconscious communication (synchronizing of thoughts?) via body language.

By the way, I haven't experienced any more bouts of this phenomenon since my earlier posts.

HowToBe said:
So I see the possibility of multiple phenomena here.

Absolutely, infinite possibilities as to what may have caused it, and very interesting article, thank you for that. :)

Back
Top Bottom