Recently people say what I'm thinking in conversation?

Funny topic, this. :D

I have had all these kind of phenomena as were already mentioned, occurring to me irregularly for prolonged periods of time during my whole life. Any one of these items seemed to happen like some sort of clustered events, but I almost never have been able to link them consistently to any other part of my life -- be it mental state, emotional state, state of being, concurrent pursuits, or whatever. I gave up trying to understand how or why these things happen, and settled for just being content with noticing their occurrence and observing their course. I never attached any special meaning or particular weight to any of them ever, and I severely doubt whether they could have any merit whatsoever; but that's just me of course.

I can add to the list two more rather striking examples of synchronicities from my personal experience.

The first one has to do with traffic lights. I've been a fervent walker all my life and repeatedly I have noticed periods of several consecutive months wherein almost all traffic lights I ever encountered on my strolls went to green on my approach, so as to never have to wait anywhere and just carry on walking uninterrupted. I remember that on one occasion, when this phenomenon had taken on a very absurd intrusive and rather in your face appearance impossible to be ignored, the thought came to me that maybe some force somewhere was trying to hasten my life's itinerary because, as is well known, every step one takes brings one another step closer to one's grave, supposedly. A sobering thought, which dismissed on the spot any favorable delusion I might have had about this expeditiousness.

The second example has an interesting twist and is from a fairly recent date, i.e. the start of the historical events database project or rather my firm commitment to participating in it. I took it upon me to read the works of Flavius Josephus.

As it so happened I was already busy before I committed myself to this database project, with some extensive reading at a regular schedule (about 8 to 10 hours a week) notably of a series of Memoirs written and published by a now deceased, rather notorious maverick Dutch journalist and author: Willem Oltmans. More background on him here. I had always wanted to read these books but couldn't afford buying them when they were printed, so I was delighted to find out that they were all integrally posted recently on an Internet site with free access to them to boot. When I decided to lay these Memoirs aside for a while and switch over to reading Flavius Josephus's works for the database project in stead, I had just reached #15 on the list (i.e. 1973). I fully expected after this switch to continue my reading on an equal footing and to dedicate yet again at least 8 to 10 hours a week to the new task.

However, from the moment I earnestly committed myself to this database project and started my preliminary research into the writer, his works, the available translations, and so on, something rather weird began to happen -- albeit in such an inconspicuous way initially that only in hindsight was I able to ascertain a recurring pattern in this seemingly randomized series of little mishaps which I firstly attributed merely to chance. I will spare you the plethora of trivial details and just make the statement that I never would've thought that each and every single day could harbor so many instances of obstruction, delay, detour, draining, distraction, and other time consuming futilities -- which all inevitably led to one similar result: at the end of each day when I was wont to finally start my reading again, I more often than not found myself rather short on available time. There even have been weeks in which I merely could squeeze out half an hour at random here or there for this assignment, and I myself am certainly as much astonished as anyone that I nevertheless was able to complete the shorter of Josephus's two main works (Wars of the Jews) within an acceptable time frame.

I'm very curious about what will happen when I'll start shortly with the reading of the second main work (Antiquities of the Jews), now that I've posted about these weird happenings here.

The fact that it took the better part of a whole week after completing this first reading, before I finally could find the time and the peace of mind to sit down and write this post about what happened to me during this endeavor --having tried several times before with quite a few different drafts-- while also fighting urges to quit because of supposed irrelevance, inanity and overblown self importance, impresses me as just another token of how this particular phenomenon appears to work: control system into overdrive, or something like that.

Slave to the matrix, anyone? Wouldn't be surprised one bit. :P

Anyway, thanks for reading. :)

HowToBe said:
So, has anyone else had similar experiences recently?

Well, I noticed that the longer I know my wife, the more often this happens. Even more interesting, sometimes we'll each be in the living room - me quietly pursuing a studying or C++ project and she reading or quietly listening to music or something, then all of a sudden a thought comes up. The strength of the thought or idea gets my attention and then I know immediately that my wife is fixing to say or suggest the same thing and it rarely fails to manifest.

This happens occasionally in conversation with others too and might be related to how well I'm familiar with the thought patterns in play. But I'm speculating here. Maybe this is simply a phenomena of being synchronized in some way with someone?

I didn't realize I just had a synchronous event until I read this thread. I suppose because I wasn't anticipating. Anyway yesterday I read that we were scheduled heavy rain for Monday (tomorrow). I had previously arranged with my b/f that we would use his day off on Monday (first day off for a long time), to battle with the jungle in the garden where I used to live 22 kms away.

After reading the forecast I called my b/f and asked if he could change his day off because due to the rain we would not be able to do any gardening. He said he doubted if he could change it. So I just went with the flow thinking well the lady is coming anyway and we can bring some more boxes of books back at least.(Too heavy for me to manage on my own).

I then met a lady at the car boot sale I did yesterday who bought a mini hifi from me (I sure needed the cash!) but in return gave me a leaflet. She was just opening a new agency and was looking for properties to sell/rent. I had been struggling, having all rental agents round, to get tenants (a bit too far out for most people). So I was happy she was eager to come out and see the property - of course we arranged Monday!

Well I did another car boot today at another location and she came to my table and said she was looking forward to coming out and would ring me tomorrow (Monday). This car boot was rained off at 11am!

After lugging boxes up and down 4 flights of stairs and such early starts I was totally shattered. When I got back home all I could do was render some lard, make some mayo (still turns out like salad cream!) and study on my laptop looking forward to an early night!

Well an hour ago b/f calls me up and I thought to just double check he still had Monday off. Well it turns out it was cancelled so he doesn't! This time I felt really relieved! I am surrounded by boxes (car boot and stuff I have to fit in the flat from the house, plus need to catch up, as well as sleep. Feeling totally unbalanced and all over the place because of this). So I called the lady, was diverted to a message box, so to ensure she got my message I sent a text to cancel and said I would contact her as soon as we know b/f day next off. (All the rest of the week will be sunny).

So what precisely has come into play here?
Was it my unconscious secretly wishing I didn't have to go to the house when we couldn't do the garden? Definitely the thought of having to lug the boxes from the car boot up the stairs each week to empty for more boxes coming from the house? A combination of those and so worn out? I suppose 3 together would be pretty powerful!

Or was it b/f subconscious that I had requested he postpone his day off? Then his work cancel the Monday off?

Either way I am grateful because I can get back to being a bit organised and planned to complete some more online free holiday rental sites!

ANOTHER anomaly today is when I read the lastest C's Transcript and about Puck thinking of using AirbNb. I have just completed that one - it was the last one i did! Funny he mentioned it. We don't have such strict laws here we just have to pay 10% tax. But again we don't get that many tourists! But I was pushing myself and thinking of everything that i COULD DO to make my energy flow more productively and stop the blockages I have been under for 4 years now.

I had just also JUST written in my diary on the 8th of May (whist writing about the Law of 3):

"You are not putting in ENOUGH effort - (TRIAD) Law of 3!!!!!

Then it appears in the Transcript!

Again the 3 examples I have form a TRIAD! s T r A n G e.

Learning is Fun.

Also i only intended mentioning the garden episode when I recalled the other 2 aha moments I had today which went in at the time and then promptly out - lost in space, till now.

I am the original poster's brother. When we both feel an interest and urgency on a given topic, we tend to have very similar thoughts. I have more or less taken this for granted for a long time - it is not news to me that me and my brother understand a lot of the same things in the same way. So usually when these things happen I don't feel I need to bring in psychic phenomena to understand it. But I think I do have a slight tendency to just drop and take for granted things like this once I feel I know what's happening.

There is an article on SOTT right now explaining that we are constantly predicting other people's sentences. Often I know what my brother is going to say just a few words in. This naturally has me primed to think of my response. So my thoughts are often mostly developed as he is explaining. It's so common for me to say something he was already thinking, that I tend to expect it, and even find it odd if he is surprised by what I say. Sometimes I even question whether I need to say anything, because in all likelihood he's already thought of anything I have to say. Lately I'm just trying to make clever observations and seeing the situation from a different perspective, because usually he's already seen it from my usual perspective.

PS - This is my 555th post. To be honest, I couldn't care less, but what can I say? It's data.

monotonic said:
Lately I'm just trying to make clever observations and seeing the situation from a different perspective, because usually he's already seen it from my usual perspective.

PS - This is my 555th post. To be honest, I couldn't care less, but what can I say? It's data.

:D And you think your sense of humor isn't as visible as I say it is. Pfffffft!

I guess I have my own perspective on that. If what I said was funny, it was not because of my sense of humor, but because it WAS funny. When someone tells a joke and everyone laughs, I would attribute it to the hilarity of the joke rather than the person's sense of humor (to which I would attribute the choice of joke). In this sense, to me I'm just saying what I think, and if it's funny, it's because it IS funny. It is what it is.

Why don't you ask my brother about my sense of humor? He lives with me, he can probably tell you a lot.

Of course, that is a topic for another thread.

How about when the same word or idea repeated from the radio/tv? When it used 1st started happening it freaked out many of us. The response used to be did you hear that? How did that happen? It was the same phrase so & so said. Sometimes there was no topic relationship between what was going on on the radio/tv and our conversations. Different conversations, but using the same words. Freaky. Over the years we've become used to it because and learned to tune it out.

Maybe it's part of the "bleed through" the C's speak about.

Ok so I was mulling over some seemingly theoretical ideas this weekend which actually lead me to reflect back to this thread. The direction lead me to posit that:
  • Spiraling Structures are often associated with electrical currents (thinking about birkland currents here)
  • The chemical/protein structure of hair takes the form of a spiral
  • Interestingly (and I tested this) hair is electrically conductive
  • Hair may act as an antennae to the environment. Similar to aerials

What am I getting at? Well also when I started noticing this seeming non-verbal connection with others was also the time I decided to stop cutting my hair. Up until about a year and half ago I always kept my hair cut short or buzzed. So in light of adding as much data to the pot as possible I would also like to put forward A hypothesis that maybe longer hair has something to do with in my case anyways.

I have read other threads that explore this concept as well. The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

Do any or you guys or gals where your hair longer than usual? I'm sure the causality is not 100% but I think the other factors listed are curious.

I think almost everything could be considered conductive or insulating depending on what you compared it to. Aluminum might seem like an insulator if you were used to using gold wires.

Hair is very slightly conductive relative to the atmosphere. It takes 5000V to get a current of just 1/10,000,000 of an amp. The question is how much current is enough to be worth considering? I would think that since hair is more conductive than the atmosphere, that if we already know the body is sensitive to atmospheric electricity, that we know for sure that hair will have an effect.

My question is, how does the conductivity of hair change with voltage? Is it linear with input as for ordinary electrical resistors or does hair act like an insulator on the verge of breakdown, IE does conductivity increase with voltage?

Here is a page on the conductivity of hair. Does it match your own test results?

http://www.rafischer.com/hairpg2.htm

PS - these guys could have gotten much more meaningful results if they tested 10 hairs at once, bringing conductivity into a range that could be measured by their test instrument.

Hmm I may have done something very different from them. For one I was testing a bundle of hair with 6 volts and rinky dinky multimeter. :-[

I think almost everything could be considered conductive or insulating depending on what you compared it to. Aluminum might seem like an insulator if you were used to using gold wires.

I agree with this but I also think that different arrangements of the underlying materials can alter their electrical properties. Why do they tend toward "spinning" electrical wires instead of having a homogeneous cable. Or why have they seen more efficiency coupled with lower loses when they arrange said wires into triangular triplicates (for cross country transmission)? This is also on top of lower loses in high voltages rather than smaller values of course.

In the case of Aluminum vs Gold, on the elemental level Gold has much more (electron orbital) surface area (surface area seems to be significant if electrons travel on the surface of metals). There sizes are orders of magnitude different from one another on the electron scale. But if we are thinking in macro terms we could use an aluminum cylinder with a larger surface and circumference than a gold cylinder and could have it conduct electricity equally as well (or maybe as much current without the associated losses). Theoretically anyways if we are thinking in terms of electricity traveling on the circumference rather than internally inside of the wire.

Electrons are repulsive so surface area looks like it's an important aspect, irregardless of medium. i.e. atoms or metal rods.

monotonic said:
My question is, how does the conductivity of hair change with voltage? Is it linear with input as for ordinary electrical resistors or does hair act like an insulator on the verge of breakdown, IE does conductivity increase with voltage?

I tend to lean towards a synergistic non-linear effect when it comes to high voltages. There has also been evidence to this effect in electrogravitic experiments with the data TT Brown compiled. In chemical reactions you have to be careful with thinking linearly with reagents when there is in fact an exponential relationship I've had several close calls where this is concerned but I'm slowly beginning to think a lot of things follow exponential or even logarithmic relationships rather than linear. And also that shape or form of materials can sometimes be more important than the actual materials.

With each increase in voltage the effects that were produced adhered to a model that suggested exponential growth rather than a linear relationship. And with that being said the number of hair strands could have an exponential link to the effects involved.

The experiment in question is informational but because they only tested one strand at a time I am not sure if that scope is wide enough to apply their results to our situation involving a multitude of hair. As hair is almost never singly exposed to our environment. On average we supposedly have over 100,000 strands. The effects observed could be very different compared to a head full of hair. Especially keeping in mind that an exponential relationship could apply to both the amount of strands (more surface area) and/ or voltage and frequency of the emanations in question.

Edit: Spelling

Your pattern recognition software is working, but I think you're missing information on this topic, and need to verify many of your ideas before you get carried away.

Code:
1: Multi-strand wires
	A: Have more flex endurance. Without this our power lines would be constantly breaking.
	B: Power transmission from source to load creates a current loop through both. The cross-sectional area of this loop determines the magnetic radiation and losses that prevent power from getting to the source. Thus we put the wires as close together as we can to minimize this effect. At high frequencies proximity effect can however make the losses in close wires much worse, which is one reason AC power is at a very low frequency.
2: Twisted wires
	A: The direction of the current loop is the direction which the magnetic field radiates in. If you twist this loop once you now have two magnetic fields facing opposite directions (from the perspective of a probe facing it; in 3D the magnetic field spirals along the strands). At a distance the magnetic fields cancel, so the radiated field is greatly reduced, as well as coupling from external sources of interference. The twist has to be uniform for best results. Triplicate twists result in a very uniform geometry. Cat5e cable is created with precise twist and strand geometries to minimize interference between twisted pairs and from external sources.
3: Surface electricity
	A: Skin effect occurs only with increasing frequency and not if the material isn't very conductive. This is why pencil lead doesn't show high skin effect. If you actually measure the conductivity of a conductor, it will depend on volume more than surface area, unless the frequency and conductivity are high.
4: High voltages
	A: Power determines the amount of work you can do with a power source. W = V * I, so at high voltages, for the same amount of work, you use less current. The resistance of power lines causes losses that are proportional to current, but not voltage. So by decreasing the ratio of current to voltage, you decrease the amount of power lost in the power cables. If however the ratio is too high, the air will break down and become conductive, or the losses through static radiation will dominate over the current losses - I don't think we're at this point yet however.

If you want to investigate this successfully then you will need to network with people who can provide you with data from the real world with which you can check you work. It doesn't seem you know how to access this information yourself, so I would suggest acquiring contacts who can and who can be trusted.

PS - As for the conductivity/linearity of hair - why even bother guessing? It's easy to measure, it should be done. It is just a really bad idea to make a guess at some point and base further work on that.

You know, you are absolutely right monotonic and that is probably something I should get a handle on fairly soon. Sorry for the noise guys.

I think it wouldn't be noise if it was put in the right section of the forum. After all, talking about it is the reason you have gotten feedback. If you were more proactive about discussing your thoughts, maybe there would be less setbacks from this sort of thing? We have people like LQB here who understand EM theory better than I do.

Back
Top Bottom