Recent Dreams involving my death

S

seekingObjectivity

Recently I have been having many dreams in which I find myself in dangerous situations that always result in my death. In one dream I was riding in a car with my Mom and we noticed that an accident had just occurred involving a semi-truck pulling a tank of some type of fluid. The truck had overturned and this noxious fluid was filling our lungs to the point that we could hardly breathe. While passing the accident the liquid and vapors, thereof ignited causing a huge explosion, filling our lungs with flames and propelling our car/bodies into the air and then everything went black and I woke up. In another dream I found myself in a field next to a huge barn/hangar looking building inside of which was a helicopter. For some reason I had called somebody for help that ultimately resulted in the disclosure of our location. Within a few minutes we saw missiles coming in our direction and bombs exploded releasing a toxic gas. I held my breath and calmly searched for a place where I could take another breath. I ran to a vehicle and as I was doing so all the people around me were dropping like flies. I managed to get inside the vehicle only to find that it too was full of the toxic gas. However, inside the vehicle I found a closed bottle full of "clean" air so I decided to exhale and put my mouth around the top of the bottle to take another breath. I took in the breath and held it for as long as I could. Upon my next breath my lungs filled with the toxic gas and I died. In another dream I found myself on riding a boat with my Mom in a great body of water of which there were these huge waves. I remember somebody saying that the waves were logarithmic and then somebody asked me what logarithmic waves were. As I began searching for an answer I was thrown off the boat into the water hanging on to some type of fabric at the end of the boat. I held on as strongly as I could as a wave crashed over me. I managed to hang on and as I surfaced for a breath of air I looked up and saw a huge towering wave beginning to crest and tumble down on top of me. I held on as the wave pulled under I held my breath for as long as possible but I was still under and died my last remaning breaths were that of water. In another dream I found myself with my two other brothers and I remember looking up at the sky and seeing the moon eclipse the sun twice. One after another. The sky then became dark and I looked up once more and saw a full moon a few seconds later the moon exploded. It took several minutes before we saw anything flying into the atmosphere from the explosion and all the pieces were very small. Later my brothers and I started to be bombarded with several of these fragments. The last thing I said to them was that I loved them and I would do everything I could to find you two souls again. I told them the body was temporary and that the soul is what is important and that though we might feel pain at the moment don't worry because the soul goes on forever. As I finished saying all of this I remember looking up and seeing a huge massive piece of rock coming our way. As we layed there huddled together hugging each other. I remember feeling crushed and hearing my body crack. Afterwards I became free and everything was black and I woke up. I don't know what to make of all these dreams involving death. I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me to a possible meaning inherent in these types of dreams.

They could mean anything. Dreams are usually only significant to the dreamer. What do you think they might mean?

One possible interpretation I have been thinking about may be related to my efforts for the last 6 - 7 months to rid myself of various egos. It could be that one, some, all, or none could be related to this effort. I'm not experiencing anything that I would consider stressful and/or traumatic so it is hard to identify a possible cause. If it were just one dream I would not think much of it but there have been several so it has given me cause to think about it in a deeper sense.

Maybe you are remembering your deaths in other lives or parallel realities somehow. Or WMD (toxic gas), waves (tsunami) and cosmic explosion. Have you ever thought of how you would die ? Maybe this is a thought deeply embedded in your subconcioussness and it is emerging in your dreams.

maybe you should pay attention to similarities between particular dreams because your death itself seems not to be the only one.

note that three of dreams that you described involve motive of suffocation and in the fourth you die by being crushed which can be perceived as similar in some way (claustrophobics panically fear of both this things).

also, in all four cases death could be avoided. seeing the accident with a truck and a tank, you could just stop your car, because the danger of explosion was somehow obvious. in the third dream you got involved into purely theoretical issues while there was a real danger on its way. it seems that your eventual death is generally caused by the lack of real, sober action on your part (calling for help in the second dream can be considered as mere impulse).

in two of the dreams you travel together with your mother. these are both (one's mother & travelling) "powerful" dream symbols, of great importance to one's inner life, and maybe you should try to meditate on their meaning.

my intuitional guess is that your dreams may relate to subliminal emotional/mental dependence upon somebody or something, or to a state of distraction from what is happening here-and-now. but these are only guesses. your dreams are for you to understand them.

Back
Top Bottom