Receivership capacity and Kabbalah

syldan

Dagobah Resident
When mentionned in transcripts of C's sessions that one has to develop receivership capabilities, in order to rise on the path; does this refer to the intention behind the will to receive?

Is the change of intention (as outlined in Kabbalah, namely in the books of Michael Laitman) from the will to receive for oneself - to the will to receive for the creator (bestowal) - one of the keys to this process?

Hi Kozmik9,

I see this is your first post to the Forum. Welcome!

Have you read the Wave series? http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/waveindex.htm

It is customary for new members to post an introduction in the newbies section of the Forum. How you found us, what material (i.e. The Wave) you have read thus far. Welcome again and Happy Learning :)

Hi,
Sorry for the lack of introduction!.... I've been visiting the forum for some time, and have read not only The Wave but also the full transcripts, which I keep consulting. I am also familliar with other channeled material such as Law of One, Bringers of the Dawn, etc.

I noticed that in the Works section of the Forum that many approaches to self-knowledge are mentionned as Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Castaneda, etc. But never any mention of Kabbalah? I am aware that alll things Judaic have bad press these days (I am not Jewish), but the Science of Kabbalah is a straightforward no-nonsense means of attaining to the spiritual Higher Worlds, and I just keep finding in the transcripts hints to the capability of receivership, which is the exact means outlined in Michael Laitman's book such as : Basic Concepts of Kabbalah, Path to Kabbalah, Attaining to Higher Worlds, etc. (Alll of which are free pdf downloads at: kabbalah.info) - So I wanted to ask the question to forum members first, and then to the C's?

What Kabbalh states, in a nutshell is:
1- The Creator (will to bestow) created the creatures (will to receive) in order to give them delight (Light of knowledge).
2- In order for the creature to understand fully and enjoy the Light, it needs to change its intention from receiving for itself, to receiving for the Creator. Thus gaining equivalence of form with the Creator, and unlocking the secrets of Creation.

That's basically what all religions and spiritual exercises aim at, with varying techniques to achieve it. But in the end, the goal is always to rise on the Path. So, I am still faced with my question: According to the C's definition of RECEIVERSHIP CAPABILITIES, is it a question of the original INTENTION (of the prayer/desire)?

kozmik9 said:
I noticed that in the Works section of the Forum that many approaches to self-knowledge are mentionned as Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Castaneda, etc. But never any mention of Kabbalah? I am aware that alll things Judaic have bad press these days (I am not Jewish), but the Science of Kabbalah is a straightforward no-nonsense means of attaining to the spiritual Higher Worlds, and I just keep finding in the transcripts hints to the capability of receivership, which is the exact means outlined in Michael Laitman's book such as : Basic Concepts of Kabbalah, Path to Kabbalah, Attaining to Higher Worlds, etc. (Alll of which are free pdf downloads at: kabbalah.info) - So I wanted to ask the question to forum members first, and then to the C's?

While I have studied Kabbalah, I'm not very taken with it - finding it to be mostly ritual nonsense. Sure, there are a lot of Kabbalah philosophers who write extensively on the topic, but in the end, that all goes back to the original fraud: The Hebrew Bible.

You can read the Wikipedia entries on Kabbalah and the Zohar, but in order to really get a grip on the deeper background, it is necessary to research the history of ancient texts of all kinds, the milieus in which they were created, the possible creators, their agendas, and so on.

Having done much of this work, but not having had time to write or talk about it publicly, I can only say repeat right now that I'm not terribly taken by, or impressed with, Kabbalah.

kozmik9 said:
What Kabbalh states, in a nutshell is:
1- The Creator (will to bestow) created the creatures (will to receive) in order to give them delight (Light of knowledge).
2- In order for the creature to understand fully and enjoy the Light, it needs to change its intention from receiving for itself, to receiving for the Creator. Thus gaining equivalence of form with the Creator, and unlocking the secrets of Creation.

That's basically what all religions and spiritual exercises aim at, with varying techniques to achieve it. But in the end, the goal is always to rise on the Path. So, I am still faced with my question: According to the C's definition of RECEIVERSHIP CAPABILITIES, is it a question of the original INTENTION (of the prayer/desire)?

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. If you intend to study or practice Kabbalah because it will help you "rise on the path," you've already shot yourself in the foot.

People ought to realize that they are here, in this reality, because that is where they fit, and try to learn how to grow where they are planted. You have to learn arithmetic before you can do algebra and calculus. Just figuring out how to discern truth here, in our world, is already a major task. Just learning to "know God" by learning all you can about "god/creation" is already a big task. Because, in the end, in order to love, you must first know. And in order to know, you must work/study. The instrument with which you "know" things must be calibrated. That means you must first know yourself, your machine.

If we concentrate on that sort of thing, growing where we are planted, then I think that the rest will take care of itself. After all, with knowledge, you learn more and more what to do next. And certainly, knowledge has a great deal to do with receivership capability.

So, in the end, if your stipulations about kabbalah are correct, then who needs Kabbalah?

People ought to realize that they are here, in this reality, because that is where they fit, and try to learn how to grow where they are planted. You have to learn arithmetic before you can do algebra and calculus. Just figuring out how to discern truth here, in our world, is already a major task. Just learning to "know God" by learning all you can about "god/creation" is already a big task. Because, in the end, in order to love, you must first know. And in order to know, you must work/study. The instrument with which you "know" things must be calibrated. That means you must first know yourself, your machine.

If we concentrate on that sort of thing, growing where we are planted, then I think that the rest will take care of itself. After all, with knowledge, you learn more and more what to do next. And certainly, knowledge has a great deal to do with receivership capability.

The deception, I think, lies in the gap between the "instinct" that tells us that we are not at the potential that we could or should be, and the various philosophies that tell us we can "rise" to great heights if we only make a fairly minor shift in intent or awareness. " Objects in the mirror may be much further away than they appear." :cool2:

kozmik9 said:
I noticed that in the Works section of the Forum that many approaches to self-knowledge are mentionned as Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Castaneda, etc. But never any mention of Kabbalah?

Do you remember reading a chapter in the Wave which talks specifically about Kaballah? In case you missed it, here it is:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/wave13c.htm

You may want to start a few chapters back since the information in those chapters are connected.

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom