Reccommended Reading

Danz

A Disturbance in the Force
Post ill conceived: Disregard

_http://www.thenewcall.org/index.htm

"Just behind the face of this world and its humanity awaits a new reality, a reality of untainted beauty and light. It has been given many names but is known equally by all who can feel and recognise its purity. It is the Promised Land descending from the heavenly realms, the long-promised return to Earth of the Kingdom of Souls.

This new sphere of life is presently still subtle in the world but will, over time, become more and more tangibly apparent to all who have prepared themselves to receive its light by co-vibrating with its purpose. It will become more and more visible to those who, through their selfless consecration and divine yearning, have cultivated the inner vision with which to perceive it.

The new reality is not of this world and so is completely unaffected and untouched by the sufferings, the pains and the struggles of earthly life. It contains no duality in which to swing back and forth in endless polarity. It is free from the extremes of light and dark, right and wrong, good and bad, and all the other pairs of opposites that perpetually toss mankind's consciousness from left to right, and which have for ages bound the mass of humanity to the pendulum of restlessness and suffering."

Excerpts:

"The information revealed in this book will be of interest and especial benefit to certain individuals who are beginning to penetrate the veil of forgetfulness, which has been necessarily imposed upon them by their own divine intelligence and by the laws pertaining to incarnation on Earth. Specifically addressed are those individuals who are presently undergoing the foreordained process of remembrance themselves, and who, in being stimulated by the rising frequencies of Aquarian energy, are becoming aware of the duty and service that they came to render at this time upon Earth and which, in turn, is the purpose of their incarnation. However, the message contained within these pages is not exclusive. This book may benefit everyone alike because the process of transformation and awakening that is being exemplified by certain unique groups of souls in physical embodiment today parallels that which all humanity must undergo in order to be eligible to enter the New World, the birth of which is now very close. The truth revealed herein contains catalytic seeds which, when recognised by those who are able, may serve to rekindle vague soul-memories and so contribute toward spiritual reorientation and awakening. Such awakening is both timely and necessary today, for we have arrived at a most critical juncture in the onward journey of both our planet and mankind. The planetary deadline for the advent of an unprecedented spiritual consciousness on Earth is imminent, and all who would gain access to the Portal leading into the New World are now being called to awaken and to arise in readiness to assist those amongst humanity who will accompany them."

"Our long, dark night is almost over. Very soon, all awakened souls will unite again as one to greet the New Dawn, and to finally release that Grand Song which has been composed within their hearts during the course of many incarnations of personal sacrifice. It is our prayer that all servants of the race may now step forward to faithfully and confidently pool energies and resources so that together we may make haste toward the fulfilment of prophecy by consciously assisting in the predestined emergence of the New World Consciousness upon Earth."

This sounds like standard New-Age schtick:

The new reality is not of this world and so is completely unaffected and untouched by the sufferings, the pains and the struggles of earthly life. It contains no duality in which to swing back and forth in endless polarity. It is free from the extremes of light and dark, right and wrong, good and bad, and all the other pairs of opposites that perpetually toss mankind's consciousness from left to right, and which have for ages bound the mass of humanity to the pendulum of restlessness and suffering."
No more war, bad stuff, suffering or hangnails. No darkness or conscious evil at the "higher levels". And it's all going to happen "inevitably" anytime soon now. Nobody has to do anything in particular, or make any effort right now. And it uses wonderfully vague terms like "Aquarian energy" and "New World Consciousness".

In short, it looks like another spiritual sleeping pill. Why exactly are you recommending this, Danz? How do you think what you posted reconciles with the excerpt from Gurdjieff you have in your signature?

I checked it out and there is a strong Christian bent on the whole material and especially that "Love" is the key to all our problems.

It's a bit of a mixed bag of half-truths and lies.
Although there are warnings about new age false prophets it does not seem to look much further than something along the Bringers of the dawn material imho.

There seems to be also a wave-riding thing going on, talking about the Matrix, tought loops, feeding the matrix etc..

_http://www.thenewcall.org/ri_invisible_war.htm

The problem is there isn't much thing to tell you what to "do" or where to look for answers to gather knowledge and work on these issues.

'Why exactly are you recommending this?"

Simply because I believed the material had some importance,
and that it was possible some others might agree.

Of course it is entirely possible that my suggestion has no place here, and if so my apologies to the forum.

Danz said:
Simply because I believed the material had some importance, and that it was possible some others might agree.
It's difficult to agree when you don't give any reasons for why you find the material of importance. And given your lack of reasons, I have to assume that you posted that material simply because you "like" it, not from any understanding of its objective value. In this forum, to "like" something is not enough. You need to provide reasons for why you value it, otherwise you are just wasting people's precious time and being a spammer. Yes, this is a critical approach and it takes more effort, but it keeps the forum less "noisy", plus you are more likely to get valuable feedback about your thoughts and opinions which you can use to calibrate your own "BS detector" - which is what can protect you from manipulators and psychopaths. ;)

I understand the point you are making Ryan.
Actually I had written three paragraphs explaining the reasoning behind my recommendation, then right before posting I lost the nerve to make a public spectacle of my thoughts, so I condensed everything down to three sentences. In hindsight I should have said nothing, as opposed to the nothingness my last post conveyed, which you rightfully pointed out.

OK, I recommended the text because, after reading it in its entirety, and reading the Q&A in its entirety, I believed the words to be a service to humanity, and that if only one other person appreciated the link being provided, then I would be justified by printing it here. I thought that by providing snippets of the material in my original post, a person could quickly decide whether or not that web page was worth visiting.
Should the words spark interest, read and decide for yourself; if it appears to be 'religiously slanted' or 'more new age shtick', move on and give it not another thought.

As for myself, I have begun the process of moving away from thoughts of 'conspiracies', and the follies of Man. I think there is a bigger story unfolding, of which I am trying to understand.
I am skeptical of most things, I rarely believe anything 'on faith'. But, I believed the text I recommended as information which points in the right direction.

As for reconciling the Gurdjieff quote with this text suggestion, I believe they are in perfect harmony with each other;
"He has thousands of false ideas and false conceptions, chiefly about himself, and he must get rid of some of them before beginning to acquire anything new."
means to me that a man must first surrender the old belief systems, the 'realities' of this world Man has created, before embarking on a true spiritual path.

Thank you for the feedback Ryan. In the future I will try to be more careful with my words, in fact I should probably read more/write less.

Danz said:
As for myself, I have begun the process of moving away from thoughts of 'conspiracies', and the follies of Man. I think there is a bigger story unfolding, of which I am trying to understand.
Hi Danz, there is one rather large problem with this - you ARE in the 'world of Man' - you are here because this is where you 'fit'. If you do not learn all of the lessons of 'the third grade' - where you are now, then how can you move to the 'fourth grade'?

There is also the unavoidable fact that one cannot understand the 'bigger story' without deeply understanding the smaller parts.

I've noticed a decidedly 'new age' slant to your posts, which usually indicates wishful thinking, dreaming and escapism. This is, of course, your choice, but it is rather fascinating that you would use a Gurdjieff quote at the same time.

To my understanding, building one's foundation on what is 'out there' - beyond 'conspiracies' and the 'follies of Man' - beyond where one is currently, is to build castles in the air - to dream.

Of course, many, many people choose to do this simply because it is too hard to look relentlessly at what is really going on - it is much easier to retreat into thoughts of 'what is beyond'. I understand such motivations, but have found that nothing serves 'waking up' better than 'paying strict attention to reality left and right' - which necessarily includes the 'follies of Man'.

Danz said:
means to me that a man must first surrender the old belief systems, the 'realities' of this world Man has created, before embarking on a true spiritual path.
I think you might be slanting this interpretation to what you want it to mean. Gurdjieff knew that there was nothing 'real' about mechanical man at all, but I'm strapped for time at the moment, so I'll let others address that aspect of what you've written.

Danz said:
...embarking on a true spiritual path.
And how would you know what makes a true spiritual path true?

Only by testing it in the world of wo/men.

As above, so below. This world and all its follies is the 'bigger story' in microcosm.

Should the words spark interest, read and decide for yourself; if it appears to be 'religiously slanted' or 'more new age shtick', move on and give it not another thought.
Sorry Danz, but on this forum the bar is raised higher than that. All words, especially if they spark interest, are examined under the microscope of critical thinking. If they are found to be wrong or partially wrong, they will not be permitted to just sit there like a puddle that everyone skips to avoid, until some unsuspecting passer-by slips in it. If it can be shown in the light of reason that something is objectively wrong, then it is wrong for everyone.

So, Ryan asked you why you recommended this for the attention of others.

You replied:

I recommended the text because [...] I believed the words to be a service to humanity, and that if only one other person appreciated the link being provided, then I would be justified by printing it here.
You recommended the text because you believe what it says. That's great. But why should others read it simply because you believe in it? It sounds to me like you are fishing for reassurance that your beliefs are valid.

Danz said:
I am skeptical of most things, I rarely believe anything 'on faith'. But, I believed the text I recommended as information which points in the right direction.
Again, why do you believe the text 'points in the right direction'?

Back
Top Bottom