RE: Creators

Bluegazer

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
To begin with, it's not the medium, it's the content of the story.

This is an anime that I saw a few days ago and I was surprised by its philosophical and metaphysical argument. I think it's worth watching.

People have created many stories. Joy, sadness, anger, deep emotion. Stories stir up emotion and captivate. However, those emotions are nothing more than the feelings of a spectator. What if the characters in the stories had their own will. In their eyes, are we, the creators of the stories, like gods? Revolution for our world. Punishment for the land of the gods. Re:CREATORS. Everyone becomes a Creator.

Humans have designed countless worlds - each one born from the unique imagination of its creator. Souta Mizushino is a high school student who aspires to be such a creator by writing and illustrating his own light novel. One day, while watching anime for inspiration, he is briefly transported into a fierce fight scene. When he returns to the real world, he realizes something is amiss: the anime's headstrong heroine, Celestia Yupitilia, has somehow returned with him. Before long, other fictional characters appear in the world, carrying the hopes and scars of their home. A princely knight, a magical girl, a ruthless brawler, and many others now crowd the streets of Japan. However, the most mysterious one is a woman in full military regalia, dubbed "Gunpuku no Himegimi," who knows far more than she should about the creators' world. Despite this, no one knows her true name or the world she is from. Meanwhile, Souta and Celestia work together with Meteora Österreich, a calm and composed librarian NPC, to uncover the meaning behind these unnatural events. With powerful forces at play, the once clear line between reality and imagination continues to blur, leading to a fateful meeting between creators and those they created.

And by the end, the 'NPC' as you said, is the 'star'.

Not exactly. You see, the main character (because the story begins with his narrative) and the one who narrates the story is Souta Mizushino. Don't let the negative connotation implied by the NPC term make Meteora's character be seen as a soulless being.

However, there does appear in the story a being that is transported who turns out to be a real psychopath, and in her world she is not the protagonist, but rather the antagonist or enemy of the main character.

SPOILER:

At the end of the story, in the last chapter, Meteora is the only one who cannot return to her world. So she decides to make a new life in our world. In the process she ceases to be an NPC from the point of view of those watching the story as she begins a new stage of growth, to the point of learning from the real world to create her own stories and characters.

That said, in the overall total story of this anime, you don't really get a sense of who the main character really is. So I don't think there is a star character.

Now, a shocker for you: You would not exist if someone didn't "dream you up."

Q: (L) Who dreamed me up?

A: Not important just yet. You literally are the "figments" of someone's imagination, and nothing more!!!

Q: (L) You mean God dreams and brings us into existence?

A: Remember, "God" is really all existence in creation, in other words, all consciousness. This is because all existence in creation is consciousness, and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom