Ratatouille-abduction scene

aragorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Ciao,

i watched the animated movie 'Ratatouille' a few days ago with my wife. We liked it very much, the story was very funny and the animations were amazing.

However, we both felt bewildered by the fact that in the beginning, before the real movie starts, there's this short story about an abduction. Although the intro is kind of funny, it really seems irrelevant to the 'Ratatouille' and...anything! It seems a bit "nasty" to present some strange alien abduction for kids(or adults) who want to see the film.

I'm sorry I don't have any more facts or details, just thought I'd let you know and see if you guys have any thoughts.

Here's the clip, btw :) :

_http://www.videosift.com/video/Lifted-Pixars-Latest-Short

aragorn

I do recall that at the beginning of the film and thought it was completely bizarre. I pointed this out to my twenty-odd year-old friends both before and after the movie proper started, and they just thought it was a funny, cute short. They had almost forgotten about it by the movie's close. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like it may be one more example of getting the masses prepped for whatever TPTB (of this dimension or others) have in mind. Really strange.

Saw this at the cinema here in Denmark and do not recall it being shown at the beginning of the film.Maybe only in the states, though we may have got a version that comes with memory loss as well.

well I wouldnt go too wild over this one, the thing is Pixar movies always have very short animated piece at the beginning that has nothing to do with the main movie, I thought this one was clueless and silly

My favorite of alll times is the 5 min Pixar piece 'For the Birds' that was shown at the beginning of The Monsters Inc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMmVXOWe5o0

I don't think anyone is going wild over it - fact is even my older sister mentioned how odd this short was before the movie and she's totally asleep and thinks all is well with the world. Even she mentioned that this clip was weird and seemed out of place - so perhaps people are subtly disturbed by this because it is out of place - especially considering the reality of the situation.

Normalizing alien abduction for children's movie audiences (read children) strikes me as rather sinister, actually - whether conscious or not - but that's just my take on it.

anart said:
Normalizing alien abduction for children's movie audiences (read children) strikes me as rather sinister, actually - whether conscious or not - but that's just my take on it.
My thoughts exactly! And how they make these aliens so cute, lovable and funny... Reminds me of the series 'Taken' by Spielberg, where the abducting alien takes the form of a squirrel from a children's book which the kid is reading. This squirrel then lures the kid into the woods and onto its "ship". That's scary...!

Back
Top Bottom