Rabbit, lyre and giant turtles

Tigersoap

The Living Force
I had this dream last night where I was somehow lost in a very dangerous jungle where carnivorous creatures lurked.
In running away from them I found a path leading to some sort of village, the houses were very peculiar, all made of prefabricated wood and concrete.
The interiors were very old-fashionned as if only old people were living there.
The inhabitants had their own words written on the various houses, to call a "school" for example but I don't recall what it was now.

On various walls there was a symbol that came up often : A rabbit head and a lyre.

I was still walking in the village on a gentle slope and to my right I could see a huge turtle covered with trees and grass, it looked more like the side of a mountain.

I finally arrived to a more "civilized" part of the village where little houses turned into buildings.
I just reached a gate with armed people (they looked like cops) when two giant turtles (think godzilla) started to battle on a vast grassy ground.

What strikes me as peculiar is the Rabbit/lyre (lyra?) symbol which I can't say I have ever seen or come across.
Looking up in google for connections I did not find much except this mayan reference :
http://www.mayalords.org/mayafldr/a708sacul.html

But I can't be sure if it's meaningful or not.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Your dream is full of mythic astronomical symbolism. Rabbits for example are associated with the moon in many cultures inculding the Mayan one (Japanese, Chinese, Euro-pagan, Egyptian) . Take a look at this link:

http://www.tsukiyo.org/argent/myth/moon.html

Turtles are symbols of the earth (especially in the context of how you saw them: large with plants growing out of the shell). The rabbit is lunar and Lyra is allegedly the constellation of the turtle according to the link you provide. I may be off here, but I think the many turtles you saw and the Lyre (which can represent vibrational harmonics with its 7 strings or simply be another designation for stellar turtle) represents other planets.

You could have been viewing akashic records or simply gotten a condensed glimpse of human history, a village of humanity in the past subject to influences from other planets. The rabbit and the lyre can represent either vibrational harmonics tied to lunar cycles affecting humanity or the effect of other planetary energies on our lunar cycles, which in turn affect humanity (hence being imprinted on walls).

The civilized part of the village was more modern and may indicate a forward movement in time, showing a clash of two planets, either literal or figurative as some kind of extra-terrestrial clash. The cops may have been guarding the town from ET influences or part of those influeneces playing the role of prison guards related to one or another faction.

All in all, the astronomical mythic element is undoubtedly prevalent, and the progressive nature from primite to modern may indicate historic process. That's one take of the dream at least. It may have been a racial memory dream, extending to this present.

Thanks for your insights Esoquest.

I am even more puzzled now.

I was more or less aware of the moon connection and the earthly symbols after looking up a symbols dictionnary but as of now I have no clue why I did dream this and what it is supposed to mean in my personal life.

*scratches head and leaps around*

Well, alot of the info on this forum and through the C's in general relates to stories of cosmic clashes and their effects on human history. You simply could have tuned into that zone. The symbols are very archetypal, and usually the more archetypal the more transpersonal the meaning.

And the cosmic references are pretty profound. On the other hand dreams tend to have layers of meaning, and it can reflect to a situation of forces clashing in your life or even through what you see or read in the news that resonate in a transpersonal manner as well.

Conflict between groups and individuals can reflect transpersonally when the groups or individuals have a representative nature. Thus you could have taken a personal situation or something observed going on in the world of events and applied transpersonal labels to it because those labels applied. So the dream could be a blending of both ends.

It's up to you to see if there is a personal element involved, by scaling down the symbols to where they can fit in your life if possible. The theme is basic, a progression from primitive or antique groups to modern ones, where the city is guarded against large forces clashing. And the rabbit/lyre shows, and the first turtle show some kind of affiliation to such forces, either one of the two clashing or an independent one.

When you do a lot of reading around what amounts to transpersonal subjects your are bound to have transpersonal dreams. This can imply psychic activation (which will show if it continues), or a resonance connection between personal and transpersonal, and can even be a one-shot deal of akashic glimpsing.

If it is a developing ability, you could be the next Edgar Cayce ;)

I remember that one of my favorite movies while little was "The Neverending Story." Maybe not so great now that I'm an adult, but fascinating then. I do remember the giant turtle in that movie, so large that I believe a tree was growing on top of it. It lived in a muddy swamp. I also remember that there was giant crystals in the movie as well.

EsoQuest said:
And the cosmic references are pretty profound. On the other hand dreams tend to have layers of meaning, and it can reflect to a situation of forces clashing in your life or even through what you see or read in the news that resonate in a transpersonal manner as well.
I always thought that archetypal symbols would be translated into something I know instead of the contrary.
Like you said, after reading a lot of transpersonal material, it's maybe starting to resonate deeper.

EsoQuest said:
If it is a developing ability, you could be the next Edgar Cayce ;)
Haha...Yeah sure. I'll ask my followers to build toys and wear little green costumes.

Thanks for the input.
Much appreciated.

the all-encompassing egg said:
I remember that one of my favorite movies while little was "The Neverending Story." Maybe not so great now that I'm an adult, but fascinating then. I do remember the giant turtle in that movie, so large that I believe a tree was growing on top of it. It lived in a muddy swamp. I also remember that there was giant crystals in the movie as well.
Sure, I loved that movie and the book as well.
I sort of remember the turle incident now...

Don't forget Dark crystal !!

Back
Top Bottom