Quinoa Crackers

I had to go to the mall this weekend, so I stopped by a Williams-Sonoma store. They still carry the same kind of parchment paper that I have. According to the package, it has no chemical coatings of any kind. However it costs $7 US - (ouch!) But - good to know that if it is absolutely necessary for a recipe, at least there is the option.

I repeated the recipe yesterday, substituting buckwheat for Quinoa. It worked just as well, the biscuits taste similar, slightly darker, one slight difference was that the buckwheat version had a tendency to 'warp', ''puff up'.

Thanks m for a great base to work from. :)

Trevrizent said:
Thanks m for a great base to work from. :)

Ditto thanks m, made some yesterday and they were really good to put mackerel on for lunch with some veg.

Trevrizent said:
I used Grapeseed oil rather than Olive oil, as I'm sensitive to it, and the crackers were baked in 25mins.

I've made them now with both Grapeseed and Olive oil now and prefer the Grapeseed if I don't want them seasoned much. Otherwise, the Olive oil was good for the heavier tastes of garlic, etc.

mmm...good!

anya said:
I am putting quinoa flour
and flax meal on my shopping list.
Thanks for the recipe.

Forgot to say, I used quinoa flakes and flax seeds, (found them easier to obtain) then ground them in the food processor, Worked fine.

Pob said:
anya said:
I am putting quinoa flour
and flax meal on my shopping list.
Thanks for the recipe.

Forgot to say, I used quinoa flakes and flax seeds, (found them easier to obtain) then ground them in the food processor, Worked fine.

Thanks for the tip! I'll let you know how I made out.

Back
Top Bottom