questions

pescado

Padawan Learner
i still have yet to read the gnosis triology, been looking for the books for months!, and i was wondering... is there any direct connection of the wisdom of mouravieff's esoteric xtianity to specific works from the nag hammadi codex?

also... i'm slightly confused as to why the works of esoteric xtianity/gnositicism different from the myths that preceeded them.. persian, egyptian, sumerian, etc. what i was reading is that in egypt the mystery teachings were subject to disinfo? isnt xtianity just a continuation of the solar myths of mithras, horus, etc?

i feel like i'm being ignored on this board now, for reasons i'm unaware of.. i could be wrong however

pescado said:
i feel like i'm being ignored on this board now, for reasons i'm unaware of.. i could be wrong however
Maybe because of this:

I still have yet to read the gnosis triology...
You are making assumptions about a work you haven't read, then asking questions about it. That makes it hard to respond.

For example the following question is a little confused:

i'm slightly confused as to why the works of esoteric xtianity/gnositicism different from the myths that preceeded them.. persian, egyptian, sumerian, etc.
Just because someone describes Mouravieff's Gnosis as a work of esoteric Christianity, doesn't mean it is the same as ancient Christian Gnosticism.

Also, why are you associating Mouravieff with Egyptian myths? If you had read Mouravieff, you would see that that isn't a fruitful way to approach it.

Now, as for this:

isnt xtianity just a continuation of the solar myths of mithras, horus, etc?
The word "just" is a problem as is you conflating "Christianity" (go ahead, type in 'chris' instead of 'x' ;)) with esoteric Christianity, and then with other myths.

So the whole question was kind of sloppy and hurried, about a work you haven't read, and you wanted people to respond?

I originally thought of responding but then I got confused trying to get at what your question really was. It is nothing personal.

So here's your response ;)

well.. it was a bit hurried. i'm a busy man. i apologize.

i was just curious if there was a connection between gnosticism and 'esoteric xtianity' and how it differs if the roots are different. i'm only basing my thoughts on what i've read on mr mouravieffs work through some of laura's articles. although i havent read the work i made no assumptions about it.. because i didnt make a statement... i asked a question.

i wasnt associating mouravieff's work with egpytian myths.. but in laura's article on him there is a mention to the disinfo in the egyptian myths.. and essentially i was wondering how that would affect the xtian myth seeing the horus, mithras, etc archetypes inform the basis for the jesus myth.

i wasnt conflating xtianity with gnosticism, esoteric, or other myths.. because each informs the other... obviously there are differences, so if anyone felt like illuminating any of the specific aspects of disinfo, that has informed laura's perspective, from the egyptian mystery school/divine horus myth, etc.. i would be interested in hearing it.

Back
Top Bottom