Question for the C´s

an encounter with a being (humanoid) from another distant place
I was asked about the being and I answered about his human appearance, the "powers" he showed, I only saw him briefly once for about an hour at a coffee place, then all communication was online.
Hello, Talitha. I'm interested, would you consider sharing your experience in more detail in a separate thread?

Everybody who heard about Iodine, repeats as mantra "you must take selenium". But is it really that important, or even good advice at all?

Hi Kenny, I'd say it depends on the person (and your current selenium levels). I personally did take selenium with iodine (and other co-factors mentioned by David Brownstein). I would recommend you to read David Brownstein's book on Iodine to learn about selenium as a co-factor, and this forum thread: Iodine and Potassium Iodide

On co-factors, especially read this post by Laura: link

@Kenny McCormick This also may be helpful

Selenium:

high amounts of iodine without selenium induces AIT (Auto Immune Thyroiditis) and goiter.
selenium + iodine reduces goiter and inflammation of the thyroid gland.
selenium supplementation reduces TgAb that may be elevated by taking iodine.
TPOAb antibody levels were inversely associated with selenium levels (if you have high selenium, you have low antibodies and vice versa).
selenium + iodine increases the regulatory immune cells which prevent the development of autoimmune diseases.
necessary for the body to produce glutathione peroxidase, which detoxes pesticides, mercury, chlorine and bromide

The quote above was not complete. This is the full quote about selenium
Selenium:

high amounts of iodine without selenium induces AIT (Auto Immune Thyroiditis) and goiter.
selenium + iodine reduces goiter and inflammation of the thyroid gland.
selenium supplementation reduces TgAb that may be elevated by taking iodine.
TPOAb antibody levels were inversely associated with selenium levels (if you have high selenium, you have low antibodies and vice versa).
selenium + iodine increases the regulatory immune cells which prevent the development of autoimmune diseases.
necessary for the body to produce glutathione peroxidase, which detoxes pesticides, mercury, chlorine and bromide.

Analysis of the medical literature is clear: selenium plus iodine is the best combination for thyroid health. When iodine has been shown in studies to be damaging to the thyroid, it appears that concurrent selenium deficiency is the true culprit.

Not only that, if you are iodine deficient, selenium supplements “induce a dramatic fall of the already impaired thyroid function in clinically hypothyroid subjects”. Effect of selenium supplementation in hypothyroid subjects of an iodine and selenium deficient area: the possible danger of indiscriminate suppleme... - PubMed - NCBI

Therefore, if you are already hypothyroid, taking selenium supplements while iodine deficient will make you MORE HYPOTHYROID.

Hi Kenny, I'd say it depends on the person (and your current selenium levels). I personally did take selenium with iodine (and other co-factors mentioned by David Brownstein). I would recommend you to read David Brownstein's book on Iodine to learn about selenium as a co-factor, and this forum thread: Iodine and Potassium Iodide

On co-factors, especially read this post by Laura: link

@Kenny McCormick This also may be helpful

I know throughout those arguments, but they are mostly not logical, selenium is cumulating in the body, and then it blocks proper thyroid functioning. On Iodine and Potassium Iodide thread was placed video about combined iodine and selenium tablets that caused huge problems when people were taking more than one of them.
Another hint I use Iodine in huge amounts, without any selenium, for almost 5 years, and everything works much better than when using selenium and other "cofactors". Everything is in healthy diet. Mushrooms are rich in selenium, and B vitamins. Selenium is poison, so I have strong doubts about it.
And read again - I want to know, if selenium mantra isn't DAMAGE CONTROL, because we know that selenium weakens iodine effects (iodine is antioxidant, selenium is oxidant). I studied chemical equations of Glutathione peroxidase (Glutathione peroxidase - Wikipedia) as well as ft4 to ft3 conversion equations, and it looks like humans don't need to take additional selenium anyhow.

I suspect quotes you placed are just anti-iodine propaganda, you cannot assume dr Brownstain is always right, especially he recomends low doses of iodine, which are known from causing problems. C's mentioned how low doses may do harm.

@Kenny McCormick This also may be helpful:

"selenium supplementation reduces TgAb that may be elevated by taking iodine.
necessary for the body to produce glutathione peroxidase, which detoxes pesticides, mercury, chlorine and bromide.

Analysis of the medical literature is clear: selenium plus iodine is the best combination for thyroid health. When iodine has been shown in studies to be damaging to the thyroid, it appears that concurrent selenium deficiency is the true culprit. "

TgAb and TPOAb antibody levels are connected by the iodine users, who often check their antybody levels with gluten consumptions. Iodine itself is best possible solution for autoimmune diseases. Of course, selenium is necessary for glutathione peroxidase, but it RECYCLES. It isn't used out in the process, but takes part in another glutathione perxidase processes. And Glutathione peroxidase doesn't detox from pesticides, mercury, chlorine and bromide, the process itself is used by thyroid to take pure iodine from potassium iodide in order to start ft4 production. It have nothing to do with detoxing. It's iodine that detox, no matter if in potassium iodide form (that reacts with mercury), and iodine, that makes salts with most toxins.
In studies, it was shown that low doses of iodine MAY be damaging to thyroid by feeding infections. I saw studies that described doses 200 mcg-2 mg. The higher the dose, the higher damage. And lately I saw similar study that claimed that high iodine intake (20-40 mg) promotes thyroid cancer. It can be summed as anti-iodine propaganda, because there is no study about damage done by iodine in doses 200 mg and higher (probably because there is no such an effect at higher doses than 75 mg).

Hello, Talitha. I'm interested, would you consider sharing your experience in more detail in a separate thread?
Hi MrEightFive, at the moment I don´t feel ready or comfortable to open the experience up for debate, I would do it if it brought anything new/helpful to the table, but it is not much different from the stories you might have read in "High Strangeness" just a slight different script...the most relevant data, was that related to the galaxy of origin.
At the moment I am trying to "defuse" the experience and entity from its mental power...if that makes sense...
I am available to answer any questions privately if my experience can be of help to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom