Question about passage of Gnostic Gospell of Thomas.

Galaxia2002

Dagobah Resident
I was reading the Gospel of Thomas when saw this part:

46. Jesus said, "From Adam to John the Baptist, among those born of women, no one is so much greater than John the Baptist that his eyes should not be averted.

But I have said that whoever among you becomes a child will recognize the (Father's) kingdom and will become greater than John."

It´s interesting why is John taken as a reference (as a higer reference seems to me in this case) what a human can become in this realm. I was reviewing "the true identity of Fulcanelli and the Da Vinci Code" but is not clear for me why leonardo would have hinted him as envious or ingrate. I noticed also analizing the three pictures below that Leonardo seems to make equal the hand and the cross in his picture of Saint John but then to compensate the hand absence in the second "madonna of the rocks" he puts the cross on John. The cross has the same function of the hand, is like a pointer too. That is to say the cross seems to be equal to ingratitude or the false way? was this a way that Leonardo had to indicate us the falsehood of the religions?

st%20john.jpg

madonna%20of%20the%20rocks%20Louvre.jpg
madonna%20of%20the%20rocks%20London.jpg

Why do you think that the gospel of Thomas is a reliable text might be the first question to ask.

Why do you think that the gospel of Thomas is a reliable text might be the first question to ask

Hi Laura, yeap it's true. I was reading the gospel and almost everything what I read had sense bearing in mind what I knew about christian esoterism . I was trying to separate the wheat from the straw, and this quote about John the baptist sound me a little odd, this is because I put here. The first part of the gospel makes some references to the inner work. I had looked for "gospel of Thomas" in the glossary but by chance it's not ready yet. please if you have some information about the reliability of the text and its closeness to primitive christianism I would appreciate.
Thank you.

Hi Galaxia2002.

please if you have some information about the reliability of the text and its closeness to primitive christianism I would appreciate.
Thank you.

I don't know anything about the gnostic gospels, myself. But, if it is a subject which you find interesting and would like to know more about, perhaps you could gather some information on the topic, do some reading about the Gnostic Gospels as a whole, and then network your findings and ideas here on the Cass Forum.

On the one hand, I'm sure the studying would help you better your own skills as a researcher and improve your personal knowledge, and on the other hand you would be helping others here on the forum by sharing whatever you find.

Maybe through your work, you would be able to us how reliable the Gospel of Thomas is in relation to the Work and as a record of the teachings of Jesus.

T.C.

Probably the best sources of information about "early Christianity" are Burton Mack's "A Myth of Innocence" and "Who Wrote the New Testament" and "The Lost Gospel." You are in a much better position to evaluate ANY early writings AFTER you read these three texts. You will have tools and insight. So go for it!!!

Have there been any reference of the C's to who Jahweh(Jehovah) is? STS or STO?

The reason I ask is that I was raised a JW, but haven't been a part of any religon for a long time, and when at one time I did use a board many years ago, the contact was afraid of me because of my belief in Jahweh, but wanted to harm my friend, who was Catholic.

Was this just a rogue STS contact in the 4TH density trying to misinform or confuse?

Dick said:

The reason I ask is that I was raised a JW, but haven't been a part of any religon for a long time, and when at one time I did use a board many years ago, the contact was afraid of me because of my belief in Jahweh, but wanted to harm my friend, who was Catholic.

Was this just a rogue STS contact in the 4TH density trying to misinform or confuse?

I don't know whether the C's have said anything, but...

I was raised Southern Baptist. It is my understanding that Yahweh/Jehovah is the "one god" in the Old Testament regardless of denomination. As a Southern Baptist, I was told to "just read the Bible" and the truth would be revealed to me. So, as I read the Old Testament, I came to the conclusion that Yahweh/Jehovah was "evil" (I did not know the terms STO and STS at that time and perceived anything that suppresses free will to be evil) in that he insisted on absolute obedience and seemed capricious in his demands. Yahweh/Jehovah instructed "his people" to commit genocide on various occasions, wanted blood sacrifices, etc. This all sounds very STS to me. On the other hand, it seems he also did a few things that were giving as when he provided clothing for Adam and Eve as they were exiled. Almost as if he were two different gods.

Dick said:

Here are a few of the C's comments about Yahweh/Jehovah.

Session 941007:

Q: (L) Who was Yahweh.
A: Fictional being.
Q: (L) Who was the god that spoke to Moses on the mount?
A: Audible projection of Lizards.
Q: (L) Did Moses at any time realize that he had been duped
by the Lizzies?
A: No.
Q: (L) Yet, the other night you said that Moses is also doing
work with Christ on another plane, is that correct?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Well, if he was misled by the Lizzies, how did he get to
be a good guy?
A: Taught afterward.
Q: (L) After what?
A: Plane transfer.
Q: (L) Did Moses die?
A: No.
Q: (L) Who took him?
A: Us.

Session 950916:
Q: (L) Who was Yahweh?
A: False teacher.
Q: (RC) Who was Jehovah?
A: Moniker variance of previous answer.
Q: (L) And what was the desired result of the Hebrew genetic
manipulation?
A: Further control through the fostering of mistrust and
hostility, leading to enslavement and warring.
Q: (RC) The Tetragrammaton is a code for the name of...
A: Also accomplished renewed and invigorated 3rd to 4th
density "feeding."

Session 941020:

Q: Who was Jehovah?
A: Lizard projection.
Q: What is the Melchizedek priesthood?
A: False rite.
Q: Is there an order of priests to which the original
Melchizedek belonged that was true?
A: Yes.

Hope that this is some help.

Thanks, it does answer a lot of questions! A loving god that demands the slaughter of hundreds of thousands. Control, control, control! Definitely STS

I've always believed the bible was corrupted, especially the Old Testament.

Dick said:
Thanks, it does answer a lot of questions! A loving god that demands the slaughter of hundreds of thousands. Control, control, control! Definitely STS

I've always believed the bible was corrupted, especially the Old Testament.

Yes, and unfortunely, the New Testament has been twisted until it is mostly perverted. The only things that could not be twisted were the really well-known teachings of the man who the myth of Jesus was built around. All else was twisted to exert control of the masses. :evil: And the ultimate feeding of 4d STS.

And that seems to be the case in all of the monotheistic religions.

Yes, I read the questions to the C's about Jesus, it was very interesting. It always bothered me about some religions teachings.

The other thing that bothers me, is how their constantly bickering about who's got the right religion. What better way for the STS to feed off the confusion, anger, and misinformation.

Again, thanks for the feedback, I've read Laura's High Strangeness, now I need to get the Wave series. Since I started looking into the facts being taught, its been a breath of fresh air. The future is scary, but as the C's say, knowledge is the best protection.

Actually I have a broad question about something the Gospel of St Thomas has in it.... perhaps this is the right thread to explore this question.

If the Gospel of St Thomas says that the Kingdom is within meaning God is within each of us I can readily see this lining up with what the C's have said and other sared works including the Bible and such with "you have the power of God within you". I believe the Wave even has this computed out with 150 megatons of hydrogen bomb capability or some such absurdly large amount within one cubic centimeter of space in your body so I'd say that would definitely be the power of God.... And even Jesus with if you have the faith of a mustard seed you could move mountains... yes, indeed... so God is within each of us we just have to have faith that God is there ... which means each of us is our own God... which means that the concept of monotheism is correct at the very micro being level. Even the C's don't contradict this -- they say that monotheism as the church and religions of the world have said is wrong but they have also supported the concept of vast individual power from within.

We choose, as unenlightened 3D people, to externalize monotheism to a disembodied concept of a being of God elsewhere --- which is ALSO CORRECT in that there are 7th Density beings out there just like we used to be as we are one of the soul units of Lucifer a fallen 7th D being that is deseperately trying to put itself back together and Jesus was one 6th D part of Lucifer who was (one of the)/a 'son of God' that tried to show all of us 3Ds what was possible with a simple belief in God as all powerful -- the only problem was the interference with all those STS types who would not like to empower the individual and created and edited and such all sacred works and controlled religion to ensure that the concept of an externalized God persisted and in a monotheistic controlling way.

I could go on but I'd rather let all of the smart(er) people out there make comments as to this comment so that I learn...

Does anyone else see this situation as this -- I think I need to read the Who Wrote the Bible book and see if this idea matches up with it..... but comments please.. I am pondering thiswhole thing as well and the closest

I think there are several issues relating to the kingdom being "within". At a low level of Being or essence, individuals are basically machines controlled by external stimuli. Thus we have social conformity as a common characteristic of such people. As development progresses, the individual becomes less influenced by the external environment, and develops a complex and multilayered internal environment, or inner psychic milieu. Without an inner milieu, there can be no autonomy, no choice, no action, and that describes the majority of humanity. The kingdom is thus an "inner" space from which one interacts with the external world. Picture it like a medieval castle. It is fortified and has guards at all entrances. Before any thing or person can enter, the authority of the castle must analyze the subject in question and approve or deny its entry. Those who do not conform with the order and purpose of life in the castle are expelled.

For individuals without an inner milieu, God can only be external. Thus, they worship in a manner similar to a person begging at the feet of their superior. They fear the authority and feel inferior to that authority. In the case of ritual magic and other low-level systems of "spirituality", the practitioner manipulates things in the external world in order to receive a response, either in that world, or in his own personality. But as long as activity is directed in such a way, it will only lead to spiritual entropy. On the other hand, when a person has a developed inner milieu, the picture is balanced. When one is truly autonomous, the way they interact with the external world is an expression of their internal nature. Instead of seeking reactions from the external world (through various sorts of interpersonal or "magical" manipulations), they themselves act as the axis or portal, through which the higher is brought into the lower (a microcosmic expression of the macrocosmic fall of spirit into matter).

Instead of seeking external reactions, and instead of reacting themselves in a simple stimulus-response fashion, they act as loci of real Action. Via discernment, intuition, and confidence, they act in the world in such a way that whatever they do is "positive" and creative in the given situation. It all comes from the inner psychic milieu, which is the only way to truly connect with divine (i.e. hyperdimensional, STO) centers. If you attempt to connect with the divine in an external way, you are acting on a low level (i.e. one determined by the external environment, which is thus based on lower social and selfish instincts, like self-preservation). And when acting on a low level (i.e. STS FRV), you align with those "divine centers" which are STS in nature. And thus you get situations like Laura describes in the Wave, like possessions and such.

Starmist said:
I could go on but I'd rather let all of the smart(er) people out there make comments as to this comment so that I learn...

Starmist:

As others have pointed out to you, it is counter-productive for you to continue to post lengthy interpretations of these concepts, and asking others to respond to those interpretations, without first taking the time to read the basic material in which they are introduced and discussed. You will "learn" when you take the time to read and study the material, instead of looking to others to provide you with "shortcuts".

The best way to start the learning process is to read Laura's Wave Series, as well as her Adventures in Cassiopaea. There is also a Recommended Reading List. And the Cassiopaea/SOTT Esoteric Glossary is a very useful reference that can be used when you encounter terminology that you may not be familiar with. It's a good idea to read what it has to say about a given concept before offering your own interpretation, or asking for input about it from other forum members.

Also, are you familiar with Gurdjieff's 4th Way teaching, generally referred to here as "the Work"? It is a method recommended to and practiced by most members of this forum, as the best way to begin to observe our own narcissism and mechanical behaviour, and learn to see ourselves, others, and the world about us more objectively. It is a method that requires participation in a group such as this, where others also involved in the Work can provide feedback and act as a "mirror" in which we can learn more about ourselves.

As the C's keep reminding us, "Learning is fun!" In that spirit, I wish you great enjoyment in reading the recommended materials.

Back
Top Bottom