Question about abortion

I recently read this piece from Baldwin's Spirit Releasement Therapy: A Technique Manual. It provides one look at the potential ramifications of abortion. By no means would this be ground to make a general case that 'this is what always happens'. But it does open up the world of possibilities.

Ted was about 45 years old. He had given up sugar, alcohol, smoking and red meat, but could not break his hunger for coffee. Ted described releasing a "demon snake" from within himself with the help of some friends. This occurred at the home of an acquaintance. After that event he was free of the thirst for coffee for nearly a year.

Ted made a visit to the same house at a later date. The host offered him some coffee. Without thinking he accepted. From that moment on he was again addicted. As he described the memory of that night he began to experience a tight sensation in his legs. As he focused on the sensation he described what appeared to be the big front blade of a bulldozer. The feelings were about abandonment, his words described being alone.

After the bulldozer image, Ted described being on some sort of conveyer belt, then being dumped out into an alley totally alone. It was also quite clear to him that this was New York City. He did not experience being in a body. There was no memory of having been born, yet the personality definitely seemed like a lost soul, an earthbound spirit. It described joining Ted when he was young, liking him, and enjoying coffee through him. During the release of the demon snake at the house this spirit also left Ted but it stayed in the house.

When Ted visited there it came in again when Ted was offered the coffee and he took it. The entity was asked its name. It did not know. It was urged to locate a time when it was in its own body. It could not recall a body.Itdid locate an episode which led to the image of the bulldozer blade. The physical body, such as it was, was thrown into a trash can. This was dumped into the rear of a garbage truck. It was the sweeping pusher in the garbage truck which had the appearance of a bulldozer blade.

This was the spirit of a terminated pregnancy, unceremoniously dumped in the garbage. There was no experience of birth. The conscious spirit joins the body at or near the first breath. This was either a stillbirth, a premature birth which did not live, or an aborted fetus. This was not determined. The overwhelming feeling was of abandonment and being alone, and the pleading and unanswerable question, "Why?"

This answered the question of the bulldozer but not the conveyer belt or being dumped in the alley. The initial addiction to coffee was also unanswered. The speculation was that the mother was an addict. She miscarried and disposed of the fetus, dead or almost so, in the garbage can.

There could be no resolution, no answers. Forgiveness finally allowed the spirit to move into the Light. Comfortable and safe after all the years together, the spirit was reluctant to leave Ted. After a loving interchange with him it was persuaded to leave in the company of guiding spirits. Ted immediately felt better.

Today and tomorrow is a time when many people go to cemetery to visit their dead, or otherwise remember them.

Has anybody on this forum and in whose family there has been an abortion, ever lit a light or otherwise given a thought to that child who never was?
And, has anybody ever seen that child in a dream or otherwise?

I have, and I haven't.
i'm not sure about abortion but i've seen little graves, i think of the newborns. aborted children are rather forgotten. i mean aborted as for natural cases and medical interference. it's usually fetuses right. i've heard from the buddhist perspective the incarnation happens in the moment of pregnancy as for fertilization. that is, during in vitro when there's fertilization, there is incarnation (yo). there was also some rumor about the memory of past lives until the age of two, which is just before we start talking, what a trick. i guess it might be true, but at the same time, even toddlers are almost the same. i think people have divided life into cycles, corresponding more or less to the degree of our biological and psychological development. roughly every seven years, we graduate from some school and begin a new phase of life. in the same way, every seven years, all the cells in our body are already replaced with new ones. apparently, even the brain develops in a seven-year cycle, because until the age of thirty-five. so maybe there is something to it that the soul begins to be fully embedded in the body as we are able to survive on our own, begin to socialize and educate. it takes humans a very long time, some animals can run right after being born. we are not adapted to natural conditions at all, we have to create tools and clothes, then we can think about shelter and survival. we can't hunt with our bare hands, we can't actually survive on our own for many years. i don't think any other animal does. maybe except for the pig, but at least this one will eat everything and it's fat. but necessity is the mother of invention, and contrary to appearance, humans may not have completely dominated the earth, but we have managed to do so more than our basic, naked, edenic form indicates

i've heard from the buddhist perspective the incarnation happens in the moment of pregnancy as for fertilization. that is, during in vitro when there's fertilization, there is incarnation (yo
There is a chapter in Soul's Gift by Robert Schwartz (one of the afterlife books) on abortion. He says that a lot of times the soul comes and goes during the pregnancy and isn't really present permanently until right before birth.

Miscarriages are a form of abortion. (Don’t know if that’s been brought up) My wife and I had a couple pregnancies that didn’t make it. She will light a candle or say a prayer once in a blue moon. I think these things, much like funerals, are more for and about the living than the dead or souls that didn’t quite arrive into a particular container vehicle. We can fantasize about who this might have become but there has to be a lot of projection going on. On a subconscious level, a miscarriage brings with it the confrontation with some kind of perceived biological failure or inadequacy which can be identified with. An abortion can be a major psycho drama in a persons life carrying with it all sorts of negative emotions. The little ceremonies can be an attempt to heal one’s self with a ritual that brings back to mind the actions and reasons for those actions while presenting an opportunity to come to terms with the past. IOW, these things are more about the aborter than the abortee. OSIT

There is a chapter in Soul's Gift by Robert Schwartz (one of the afterlife books) on abortion. He says that a lot of times the soul comes and goes during the pregnancy and isn't really present permanently until right before birth.
That’s my personal experience too. I saw my parents love for each other and said “Yeah them!” Then I checked back in the womb for a while and thought “oh shit! I forgot you gotta start as a baby and go through the whole dance AGAIN.” So I checked out again. Then I “came to” in the birth canal and tried to dig my heals in and not come out. Of course, that effort was a miserable failure! So here I am.

It may be the same book or similar but I've read something where supposedly a medium spoke to the soul of an unborn baby in the mother's womb, and the mother had an abortion in the past. The soul said that it had returned now that the mother was ready, as she wasn't ready in the past (hence the abortion). Something along those lines anyway.

Here's what the Cs said about when a soul enters a body:
Q: (L) Okay. Well, that's enough of that. I have another question here. The other question that people were a little curious about on the forum that I noticed was: they wanted to know at what age or stage of development does the soul of an individual enter into the body of a baby that's about to be born?

A: It cannot be set in stone; remember that about half of all babies never house individualized souls. In some cases it can be very early, and others, as late as early adulthood.

Q: (Pierre) Wow.

(Galatea) So I guess they're waiting around the body's frequency to change.

(L) So, is that true? A soul can be hanging around, and there's, say for example, a body that's close to the frequency they need, but not quite, and they have to wait until something happens or changes?

A: Yes

I have read in a few esoteric sources that the soul doesn't actually "seat" fully until between 6 and 9 years old. I would think that if there is any "connection" between a soul and a forming fetal body, it is basically in the curious-hover stage, looking on and observing the development of a potential "vehicle" and an abortion is not "killing a human being" in the sense of extinguishing a soul.
I thought about this thread recently as I was reading an old novel (written around 1895), titled, "Jude, the Obscure", by Thomas Hardy. The main character, Jude, lives with Sue but they are not legally married. They both had been married previously even though they loved each other, and the marriages did not turn out well. Each had eventually ended in divorce. Although Jude and Sue loved each other dearly, they had postponed getting legally married. A boy child from Jude's first marriage had come to live with them, then Jude and Sue had two children together.

Because their unmarried state was unacceptable to most, they moved around a lot to keep that fact hidden. At one point, they had been unable to find lodgings due to their status and number of children involved. As Jude was out looking for lodging, Sue had a discussion with the boy who questioned why they were facing problems of finding a place to live. Sue was fairly frank with him. The boy was distraught, and said: "I think that whenever children be born that are not wanted they should be killed directly, before their souls come to 'em, and not allowed to grow big and walk about!" The boy later killed himself and his two sisters, because he felt they were the cause of his parents' problems.

Interesting that this thought came to Hardy as he wrote the novel.

Back
Top Bottom