Q's of eating habits from disapeared civilizations

Green_Manalishi

Jedi Master
Hi, just wanted to drop a few thoughts for discussion.
Well, if we combine this with the idea that there has been many "humankinds" before our one, like for example the last one, the anti-antediluvian Atlantis, what is exactly the "caveman lifestyle" that has tweaked our genetic make up for this kind of diet? For how many mankinds have our genetics been through (not to talk about possible direct intervention in the genetic body by we know whom).
How can we know, this is just an example, if we are best suited to eat what the Atlantean ate before the fall, or what their descendants ate in a post-antediluvian world, or what an original human (if that ever existed), pre-any civilization ate.

Having in mind the above post i posted in another thread, do you think it would be possible to ask the C's what, for example, the people of the Atlantean civilization ate in their diets, and perhaps what others before them ate. It could just give us clues to use on the diet changes we are trying to put in practise.
By the way is there any time frame (perhaps putted together by someone) given by the C's on the evolution of mankind, how the 3 ages (stone, bronze, iron) of mainstream science mingle together with the past civilizations of mankind?

I don't know about antideluvian diets, but I know that when it comes to our technological development, we tended to adopt ancient construction our more primitive needs, like in the case of the egyptian pyramids and the Mayan pyramids, both of which show much evidence of using very advanced and unknown to us construction methods. I don't know if things like the Mayan calendar was something the Mayans developed or if some of that knowledge they obtained from the ancient constructions or perhaps "alien" interaction. But it seems that defining technology into "ages" based on metal alone is not a good true representative of the knowledge and technology of a civilization, since it assumes that everyone will evolve like we do. Some people may have had simply less interest in smelting metals, and more interest in more "spiritual" technologies, and other scientific and technological directions unknown to us at this time. Again, the pyramids is probably a good example, and the stonehenge as well.

SAO said:
But it seems that defining technology into "ages" based on metal alone is not a good true representative of the knowledge and technology of a civilization, since it assumes that everyone will evolve like we do. Some people may have had simply less interest in smelting metals, and more interest in more "spiritual" technologies, and other scientific and technological directions unknown to us at this time. Again, the pyramids is probably a good example, and the stonehenge as well.

Yes i understand and agree with that, even without going into "spiritual" technologies, as i read briefly on the internet, there many places (per example africa and korean peninsula) were there seems to have been a jump from stone to iron. My intent was just to see how the two time-lines diverge or converge, to see were there could be points in common.

Green_Manalishi said:
Having in mind the above post i posted in another thread, do you think it would be possible to ask the C's what, for example, the people of the Atlantean civilization ate in their diets, and perhaps what others before them ate. It could just give us clues to use on the diet changes we are trying to put in practise.

These types of questions are easily answered via research. Archaeologists and paleontologists do a lot of work examining ancient living areas, finding out what people were eating, etc. There is even a science that involves examining fossilized poo to find out what was in the diet.

This article is most interesting:

Origins of Agriculture - Did Civilization Arise to Deliver a Fix?

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/144687-Origins-of-Agriculture-Did-Civilization-Arise-to-Deliver-a-Fix-

by Greg Wadley & Angus Martin
Department of Zoology, University of Melbourne

Laura said:
These types of questions are easily answered via research. Archaeologists and paleontologists do a lot of work examining ancient living areas, finding out what people were eating, etc. There is even a science that involves examining fossilized poo to find out what was in the diet.

Yes, that is true, but my main focus on the question was about the so called lost civilizations. If we discover through research what a hunter/gatherer ate, can we make a parallel to what people ate in any lost civilization ate? Certainly the living conditions were different and so must have been the diet, no? Let's take the example of Atlantis (also admitting that it really existed), correct me if i'm wrong with the dates, according to mainstream science the paleolithic (in Europe) ended somewhere around 9000 BC, so the people that were alive to that point ate the paleo diet. But if we take account of the Atlantean civilization, we are told it ended by the same time the paleolithic ended, so are we to conclude that the Atlanteans also ate a paleo diet? Before 10000 - 8000 BC humanity were either in a high state of civilization (although declining) or were still hunting and gathering? Or there was the two "models" side by side on earth?
I don't think an archaeologist would be interest in trying to figure out the habits of people that in the first place he doesn't considered to have existed, that is why i thought it could be asked to the C's.
Perhaps i'm just confused with all the chronology of mankind when the possibility of past higher civilizations enters the picture.

Thanks for the link Psyche.

That was really an interesting article posted by Psyche. The authors implied that cereal agriculture is a recent innovation among human beings, only developed in the last 10 thousand years. Maybe the question for the C's is whether earlier civilizations ate any cereal grains at all, or whether they even practiced agriculture as we know it today. Or, did earlier civilizations have information that we don't have because they weren't being influenced by cereal grain diets? Modern hunter-gatherers appear to have some sort of "knowlege" that their civilized neighbors don't have - could diet be a factor?

(I hope this is the appropriate place to put this)

I was so thrilled that the C's answered my question! And so embarrassed by their response - they sounded annoyed by it.
Here's how it went:

Q: (L) Okay, here's this other question:

"That was really an interesting article posted by Psyche [on the Cassiopaea.org forum]. The authors implied that cereal agriculture is a recent innovation among human beings, only developed in the last 10 thousand years. Maybe the question for the C's is whether earlier civilizations ate any cereal grains at all, or whether they even practiced agriculture as we know it today. Or, did earlier civilizations have information that we don't have because they weren't being influenced by cereal grain diets?"

A: We wonder why this reader has not read the transcripts or your writings as the answer is there.]

Q: (L) You mean like the 19-year cycle and the mother stone and the whole transdimensional thing that I wrote about in Secret History?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) In other words, what you're saying is that they did not practice agriculture. Is that correct?

Q: (L) And that cereal agriculture and agriculture in general and as a whole is something that has been developed only in the last 10 thousand years and is as a result of our so-called "fall" from that state wherein we could practice technospirituality. Is that it?

A: Yes

Q: (Perceval) Techno-agro-spirituality!

A: Soon to be restored!

I have to confess that even though I have read the transcripts and the Secret History, I may not have gotten the whole picture. The C's referred to me as "reader", which is true - I read a lot, but can't remember it all very well, and I rarely do anything with the material I read, such as share it with anyone else. So perhaps they are calling me out on being lazy and afraid to stick my neck out, which is all true.

So here goes an attempt to do better:

Everything I have read or seen in the last year seems to have a single focus, which has to do with plants. One these books, Plant Spirit Medicine by Eliot Cowan has been a big influence.

"Might it not be also worthwhile to consider our relationship to plants? The most striking thing about this relationship is that we need them but they don't need us. We humans are utterly dependent on plants to cover all our needs: Fuel, shelter, clothing, medicine, the petrochemical cornucopia, and of course, food. (Even meat is made of plants.) In contrast, plant communities do just fine without people. We seem to offer plants nothing but suffering, destruction and the threat of extinction. "

"We are devastating forests and the foundations of vegetable life: soil, air, water and solar radiation. This is not only murderous, but also suicidal. Under the circumstances, the continued generosity of plants towards our species is absolutely remarkable. What makes plants so generous? What makes us so brutal?"

He goes on to talk about his own interactions with plants. Referring to healing properties, they tell him this: "We can do nothing unless we are asked". This immediately made me think of the C's similar statement to Laura.

The book is full of stories about various healers and their relationships with the plants that aid them. He says that our local weeds are amazing and valuable and that we are so impressed by the foreign and the halucinogenic plants of the Amazon that we ignore the wonderful character of our own backyard weeds, and that all plants have "spirits".

So, my question probably should have been more like this: Is agriculture a way of enslaving plants and trying to steal from the natural world? Especially since both wheat and corn appear to have been "engineered". Should we be exploring our own back yards, asking our own local plants for their help? Is this what is meant by "techno-agro-spirituality"?

It seems that plants need our carbon dioxide and we need their oxygen, so there is a symbiotic relationship there. Although we do use plants for many reasons on top of just breathing oxygen.

tendrini said:
So, my question probably should have been more like this: Is agriculture a way of enslaving plants and trying to steal from the natural world? Especially since both wheat and corn appear to have been "engineered". Should we be exploring our own back yards, asking our own local plants for their help? Is this what is meant by "techno-agro-spirituality"?

I think that this is one side of the answer in relation to your original question -- there seems to be some good evidence pointing to the fact that after the last cataclysm, "civilization" developed under the tutelage of the Lizards in various parts of the world (see the example of Oannes, for instance), and this schema included the development of centralized cities, writing and mathematical notation, irrigation, and agriculture -- presumably for the ultimate benefit of the Lizards, not for humans. Prior to this, it is my understanding that the central mode of existence was hunting and gathering, which would indeed be a form of "exploring our own back yards".

But there is also this, from the last session:

Q: (Perceval) Techno-agro-spirituality!

A: Soon to be restored!

Q: (Perceval) Is kamut okay for us to eat? It's like "old wheat".

A: Yes. When in Rome...

Q: (L) In other words, when in 3rd density without the ability to exercise techno-spirituality, one does what one must. Is that basically it?

Q: (Bubbles) We used to do techno-spirituality?

(L) Yeah, humanity, yeah.

(Bubbles) So, we've regressed so much that we can't anymore?

A: That and change in cosmic environment.

Q: (L) So it's a change in cosmic environment or vibrations or something.

(Bubbles) But the vibrations are gonna change back soon, right?

Q: (Bubbles) Cool!

(Andromeda) And then we can materialize our own food and it'll be good for us.

(Perceval) Materialize our own healthy food.

(Mr. Scott) We'll be able to manifest healthy pizzas!! [laughter]

A: Yes

Q: (Mr. Scott) Whoa, SWEET!!! And it will even taste like mozzarella cheese?!

A: Yes if you wish!

Q: (Mr. Scott) Oh my god...

(Bubbles) We'll be our own genies?

A: More or less.

So based on this, as well as what Laura has written about in Secret History and other things mentioned in previous sessions, it seems that before the cataclysm the entire cosmic environment was qualitatively different, to the point that we were able to actually materialize various things including food (this is in relation to the "Mother Stone" reference), which obviously would have precluded the need to engage in agriculture. This is my present understanding (open to correction if need be!), and you might review the relevant parts of Secret History with this in mind.

Well, surprise, surprise! Today was the first time I ever read about anyone else who proposed what I proposed in Secret History about the megalith peoples and the 19 year cycle of the three body system. It's in John Michell's "Secrets of the Stones." He writes:

...a mystical Scottish antiquarian, J. Foster Forbes... In 1937 he gave a startling series of BBC radio talks on the subject of prehistoric Britain which, as he put it, 'occasioned deep concern amongst those who assign to themselves the right to determine what should be accepted as scientific prehistoric data and what should not'. The authorities' concern was understandable, for in his field studies of megalithic monuments Forbes had made use of his Highlander's second sight, and had learnt thereby that the science behind the stones was more than astronomical. The megalith builders were survivors of Atlantis, who took refuge in Britain and Brittany, and resume practice of their elemental science which enabled them to control the weather and to draw down spiritual energies from the sun, moon and stars. Stone circles were not only erected in conjunction with astronomical observation by the advanced priesthood, but that the actual sites should serve in some measure as receiving stations for direct influences from heavenly constellations ... especially at certain seasons of the year'. The quartz rocks which form part of many stone circles were designed to attract the earth's electrical and magnetic current, and the vital energies thus accumulated were stored in artificial repositories, such as the Dartmoor tors. By this science, combined with spiritual knowledge an piety, the ancient priesthood created the conditions and atmosphere of a Golden Age.

Forbes's assertion that the monuments of Britain and the northeast Atlantic coast were earlier than those of the Mediterranean has since been proved right, and some of his other ideas are not topical. Modern researches, referred to in our final chapter, do indeed show that megalithic sites are charged wit unusual levels of energy. This justifies interest in Forbes's further intuitions about the nature of prehistoric science.

A similar perception to that of J. Foster Forbes was developed independently by a professional archaeologist, T. C. Lethbridge..."

And, of course, I covered Lethbridge in Secret History.

Having a name to search with, I located this:

John Foster Forbes
By Patrick Benham

In June 2005 an enquiry on the website calling for information about John Foster Forbes got me writing, as I knew the man well in his last couple of years of life. I have been invited to post these thoughts on the site and the following is a slightly edited version of the original piece.

An eccentric

John Foster Forbes was in general terms what would be described as an eccentric. His last residence was a bed-sit in Regency Square where he lived with his corgi dog Rufus, opposite the then fully-functioning West Pier. He had been born under the sign of Taurus into a minor Scottish aristocratic family at Rothiemay Castle in Aberdeenshire in 1889, attended public school and Cambridge and served in the Great War as an army intelligence officer. Subsequent to this he took up school-mastering and even at one time ran his own school catering for just a handful of pupils. In those days Forbes was consuming considerable quantities of strong Turkish cigarettes and booze. Even so, he was developing a fascination for prehistory, and took to investigating the many Neolithic and Pictish monuments of his home county of Aberdeen.

Transition and the Order of the Cross

Before long Forbes fell into some kind of mid-life crisis and became very ill. It seems he was only rescued from this by the timely intervention of some kindly Scottish members of the Order of the Cross, a vegetarian and tee-total mystical fellowship founded in the early 1900s by the Rev John Todd Ferrier, a former Congregational minister, who was then still living.

Newly inspired and with restored health, John Forbes became a member of the Order and took to publishing tracts extolling the wisdom of the ancients and the high culture which he believed once existed in the British Isles, forging an amalgamation of Todd Ferrier's visionary teaching and biblical interpretations with his own interest in pre-Roman antiquities. He was much taken up with the Atlantis question and lectured frequently on that topic.

Quite a lot of the information he was putting out about the history of various sites was derived from the reports of certain psychics, notably Olive Pixley and Iris Campbell, who used to psychometrise the ancient stones with him, giving out their psychic impressions verbally at the various locations. One 'reading' by Miss Campbell was even taken at St Nicholas's churchyard in Brighton.

A solitary life

Forbes led a solitary life, moving around from one rented accommodation to another quite frequently, both in England and Scotland. For someone of his background, he hired himself out for remarkably menial tasks such as gardening and odd-jobbing to earn his daily crust. He was at one time living at Wroxton Abbey in Oxfordshire, and gave some radio broadcasts on the history of the place, which were also published in the BBC journal The Listener. This was in the late 1930s. A few years after this he did extensive research on the old rivers of London, overground and underground, and mailed the typed-up volumes representing hours of labour in a package addressed to the BBC in London. They claimed it never arrived; he had made no copies and did not feel inclined to set about the task again.

A late marriage

He married rather late in life to a woman even older than himself. They evidently resided at a place called Sele Court at Beeding. It was a pleasant time; Mrs Forbes was "very kind" to him, he recollected later, and there was easy access to the Downs for a spot of horse-riding whenever the mood took his fancy. It was not much of a marriage in the conventional sense. At some point the good lady died and left him a small legacy which he employed to finance his ongoing research projects. He then moved to Brighton.

UFOs

With the advent of the flying saucer phenomenon soon after the war he immediately made a connection between ancient sites and extraterrestrial visitations in the past. The wise ones from other worlds were returning! Somehow one of the national tabloids got wind of his activities and poured scorn on an unsuccessful attempt by Forbes, along with UFO-cult guru George King, to make contact with the new visitors by collecting together a group of sympathisers one night at Avebury stone circle in Wiltshire. The TV cameras were there and the paper next day bore the headline 'Appointment with Venus not Kept!'. He forever blamed the media for spoiling the intended outcome.

Personal connections

I first met John Foster Forbes during the winter of 1956/57 at the Brighton College of Arts and Crafts where I was a student and he was a costume (ie clothed) model. While we sat there drawing this rather interesting character, he would hold forth continuously on the topics discussed above, his dog at his feet. At other times we would go round to listen to more of all this in his rooms in Massingham's Vegetarian Hotel, Norfolk Terrace, a building which also housed the meeting place of the local branch of the Theosophical Society, where he would sometimes speak. A topic of those days for his public lectures was often "The Spiritual History of Brighton"!

A lasting influence

His next move was to Regency Square, as stated at the start. He died in July 1958 in the Brighton General Hospital after complications following an operation for peritonitis. He was 69. Although I now tend to think of many of his ideas as fanciful and unfounded, they were sincerely held and I willingly acknowledge that he has had a significant and lasting influence on the direction of my own life. His four self-published books were The Unchronicled Past, Giants of Britain, Ages not so Dark and The Castle and Place of Rothiemay.

You may also be interested to read the following article in which John Foster Forbes gives a psychometric reading of a stone:
http://www.sussexarch.org.uk/saaf/qsm/qsm1.html#article2

Laura said:
Well, surprise, surprise! Today was the first time I ever read about anyone else who proposed what I proposed in Secret History about the megalith peoples and the 19 year cycle of the three body system. It's in John Michell's "Secrets of the Stones." He writes:

...a mystical Scottish antiquarian, J. Foster Forbes... In 1937 he gave a startling series of BBC radio talks on the subject of prehistoric Britain which, as he put it, 'occasioned deep concern amongst those who assign to themselves the right to determine what should be accepted as scientific prehistoric data and what should not'. The authorities' concern was understandable, for in his field studies of megalithic monuments Forbes had made use of his Highlander's second sight, and had learnt thereby that the science behind the stones was more than astronomical. The megalith builders were survivors of Atlantis, who took refuge in Britain and Brittany, and resume practice of their elemental science which enabled them to control the weather and to draw down spiritual energies from the sun, moon and stars. Stone circles were not only erected in conjunction with astronomical observation by the advanced priesthood, but that the actual sites should serve in some measure as receiving stations for direct influences from heavenly constellations ... especially at certain seasons of the year'. The quartz rocks which form part of many stone circles were designed to attract the earth's electrical and magnetic current, and the vital energies thus accumulated were stored in artificial repositories, such as the Dartmoor tors. By this science, combined with spiritual knowledge an piety, the ancient priesthood created the conditions and atmosphere of a Golden Age.

Forbes's assertion that the monuments of Britain and the northeast Atlantic coast were earlier than those of the Mediterranean has since been proved right, and some of his other ideas are not topical. Modern researches, referred to in our final chapter, do indeed show that megalithic sites are charged wit unusual levels of energy. This justifies interest in Forbes's further intuitions about the nature of prehistoric science.

A similar perception to that of J. Foster Forbes was developed independently by a professional archaeologist, T. C. Lethbridge..."

Isn't that something -- congratulations on your find! It's nice when you find someone who has come to the same conclusions that you have, independently :)

Interesting the Order of Cross and Theosophical Society association. Wonder what he has to say on Atlantis if he lectured frequently on the topic?

Laura said:

And, of course, I covered Lethbridge in Secret History.

Having a name to search with, I located this:

John Foster Forbes
By Patrick Benham

In June 2005 an enquiry on the website calling for information about John Foster Forbes got me writing, as I knew the man well in his last couple of years of life. I have been invited to post these thoughts on the site and the following is a slightly edited version of the original piece.

An eccentric

John Foster Forbes was in general terms what would be described as an eccentric. His last residence was a bed-sit in Regency Square where he lived with his corgi dog Rufus, opposite the then fully-functioning West Pier. He had been born under the sign of Taurus into a minor Scottish aristocratic family at Rothiemay Castle in Aberdeenshire in 1889, attended public school and Cambridge and served in the Great War as an army intelligence officer. Subsequent to this he took up school-mastering and even at one time ran his own school catering for just a handful of pupils. In those days Forbes was consuming considerable quantities of strong Turkish cigarettes and booze. Even so, he was developing a fascination for prehistory, and took to investigating the many Neolithic and Pictish monuments of his home county of Aberdeen.

Transition and the Order of the Cross

Before long Forbes fell into some kind of mid-life crisis and became very ill. It seems he was only rescued from this by the timely intervention of some kindly Scottish members of the Order of the Cross, a vegetarian and tee-total mystical fellowship founded in the early 1900s by the Rev John Todd Ferrier, a former Congregational minister, who was then still living.

Newly inspired and with restored health, John Forbes became a member of the Order and took to publishing tracts extolling the wisdom of the ancients and the high culture which he believed once existed in the British Isles, forging an amalgamation of Todd Ferrier's visionary teaching and biblical interpretations with his own interest in pre-Roman antiquities. He was much taken up with the Atlantis question and lectured frequently on that topic.

Quite a lot of the information he was putting out about the history of various sites was derived from the reports of certain psychics, notably Olive Pixley and Iris Campbell, who used to psychometrise the ancient stones with him, giving out their psychic impressions verbally at the various locations. One 'reading' by Miss Campbell was even taken at St Nicholas's churchyard in Brighton.

A solitary life

Forbes led a solitary life, moving around from one rented accommodation to another quite frequently, both in England and Scotland. For someone of his background, he hired himself out for remarkably menial tasks such as gardening and odd-jobbing to earn his daily crust. He was at one time living at Wroxton Abbey in Oxfordshire, and gave some radio broadcasts on the history of the place, which were also published in the BBC journal The Listener. This was in the late 1930s. A few years after this he did extensive research on the old rivers of London, overground and underground, and mailed the typed-up volumes representing hours of labour in a package addressed to the BBC in London. They claimed it never arrived; he had made no copies and did not feel inclined to set about the task again.

A late marriage

He married rather late in life to a woman even older than himself. They evidently resided at a place called Sele Court at Beeding. It was a pleasant time; Mrs Forbes was "very kind" to him, he recollected later, and there was easy access to the Downs for a spot of horse-riding whenever the mood took his fancy. It was not much of a marriage in the conventional sense. At some point the good lady died and left him a small legacy which he employed to finance his ongoing research projects. He then moved to Brighton.

UFOs

With the advent of the flying saucer phenomenon soon after the war he immediately made a connection between ancient sites and extraterrestrial visitations in the past. The wise ones from other worlds were returning! Somehow one of the national tabloids got wind of his activities and poured scorn on an unsuccessful attempt by Forbes, along with UFO-cult guru George King, to make contact with the new visitors by collecting together a group of sympathisers one night at Avebury stone circle in Wiltshire. The TV cameras were there and the paper next day bore the headline 'Appointment with Venus not Kept!'. He forever blamed the media for spoiling the intended outcome.

Personal connections

I first met John Foster Forbes during the winter of 1956/57 at the Brighton College of Arts and Crafts where I was a student and he was a costume (ie clothed) model. While we sat there drawing this rather interesting character, he would hold forth continuously on the topics discussed above, his dog at his feet. At other times we would go round to listen to more of all this in his rooms in Massingham's Vegetarian Hotel, Norfolk Terrace, a building which also housed the meeting place of the local branch of the Theosophical Society, where he would sometimes speak. A topic of those days for his public lectures was often "The Spiritual History of Brighton"!

A lasting influence

His next move was to Regency Square, as stated at the start. He died in July 1958 in the Brighton General Hospital after complications following an operation for peritonitis. He was 69. Although I now tend to think of many of his ideas as fanciful and unfounded, they were sincerely held and I willingly acknowledge that he has had a significant and lasting influence on the direction of my own life. His four self-published books were The Unchronicled Past, Giants of Britain, Ages not so Dark and The Castle and Place of Rothiemay.

You may also be interested to read the following article in which John Foster Forbes gives a psychometric reading of a stone:
http://www.sussexarch.org.uk/saaf/qsm/qsm1.html#article2

I just ran across this article - hope it's relevant.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1157784/Do-mysterious-stones-mark-site-Garden-Eden.html#ixzz0gYdN577Q

It's about a megalithic site, Gobekli Tepe, uncovered by a Kurdish shepherd in Eastern Turkey that is supposedly much older than Stonehenge and has elicited a lot of excitement among archaeologists.

"The oblong stones, unearthed by the shepherd, turned out to be flat tops of awesome, T-shaped megaliths....Most of these standing stones are inscribed with bizarre and delicate images, mainly of boars and ducks, of hunting and game. Sinuous sepents are another common motiph."

"To date, 45 of these stones have been dug out - they are arranged in circles from five to ten yards across - but there are indications that much more is to come. Geomagnetic surveys imply that there are hundreds more standing stones, just waiting to be excavated."

"Carbon-dating shows that the complex is at least 12,000 years old, maybe even 13,000 years old.... Gobekli is thus the oldest such site in the world, by a mind-numbing margin. It is so old that it predates settled human life. It is pre-pottery, pre-writing, pre-everything. Gobekli hails from a part of human history that is unimaginably distant, right back in our hunter-gatherer past."

The article goes on to talk about how odd it is that "cavemen" would build something like this, and then make a connection to the Garden of Eden. They also mention the mystery of the onset of agriculture and how an early form of wheat, from which modern wheat is descended, originated in this area.

Then there is this: "A few years ago, archaeologists at nearby Cayonu unearthed a hoard of human skulls. They were found under an altar-like slab, stained with human blood....This savagery may indeed hold the key to one final, bewildering mystery. The astonishing stones and friezes of Gobekli Tepe are preserved intact for a bizarre reasonl.iaLong ago, the site was deliberately and systematically buried in a feat of labor every bit as remarkable as the stone carvings. Around 8,000 BC the creators of Gobekli turned on their achievement and entombed their glorious temple under thousands of tons of earth, creating the artificial hill on which that Kurdish shepherd walked in 1994".

Back
Top Bottom