Putin says it like it is again

Nothing new or something Putin hasn't said before in one way or another. But I think still relevant and powerful nonetheless. He mentions Russia's sacrifices of WW2. How certain governments attempt to whitewash history. And Russia's willingness to combat terrorism, Neo-Nazism, and extremism and calls every country to unite in this effort.

Our soldiers gave their lives for the freedom of our country, for our future, for each of us.

We will never forget their courage and self-sacrifice. We will never forget the price paid, the exorbitant price, for the victory in the war.

We bow our heads in memory of our sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, grandparents, husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, comrades, our relatives and friends.

We mourn those veterans who are no longer with us. I announce one minute of silence

To preserve the memory of the great Patriotic war [WWII] is our responsibility, and it is on our conscience.

Today, we see how some governments intentionally whitewash the events of that war. The way that some parties aggrandize those who abetted the Nazis as heroes, putting aside their own integrity and human dignity. They are brazenly lying to their children - they are betraying their ancestors.

Our city is to defend the actual heroes. The lessons of that war are still relevant - we will continue to do all that we can to ensure full potential for our armed forces to defend us.

Our armed forces must be on par to the most modern technology. We will continue to ensure that serving in our armed forces is prestigious and that our soldiers, as defenders of our motherland, have authority.

At the same time - Russia is ready to collaborate with all those who truly would like to combat terrorism, Neo-Nazism, and extremism. A collective response to those who carry their deathly ideology is very important.

We call upon all countries to recognize our mutual responsibility to create an effective system of international security, equal for all.

Let me congratulate you - happy Victory Day! Hooray!

Putin treating his quests with hospitality and humor 😄

FUNNY! Will You Pay For Me? - Putin Buys Erdogan Famous Russian Ice Cream: Give Change To Minister of Industry (1:14 sec)

What's happening: The video shows the leaders speaking to each other during a visit to the Orthodox Church of the Virgin Mary in Damascus. Assad tells Putin about the apostle Paul who became a Christian at the gate of Damascus and adds jokingly: "If Trump arrives along this road, everything will become normal with him too."

I hope this blows up all over the Western press, Russia under Putin is one of the last sane places on Earth. And everyone with common sense and dignity will be able to see it.

I reckon a lot of people from the West will move to Russia in the coming years.

‘As long as I’m president we will have ‘mother’ & ‘father’: Putin backs traditional family values once again

Tass has put up a series of interviews with Putin. in honour of his twenty years in office, they produced twenty short videos in which he addresses one question. Here a link to the first one. Tass provided English subtitles available and also interestingly, Chinese. There are other choices too.

In part one, enjoy listening to a real leader talking about how he manages staffing in his government.

I have been keeping track of this interview as well. We have seen better ones I think when it comes down to the moderator, format and what types of questions are asked. Both the moderator and the format/filming seem to have been set up in a kind of suggestive way, attempting to suggest/instill in the watcher a sort of distrust in Putin and what he says. At points the questions of the moderator were plain silly, obviously infused with the idea of "Putin the strong/bad man who is hiding something and is in control of everything" coupled with a naive/childish black and white look of the world. At times you could see that the suggestive way of asking the questions even visibly got on the nerves of Putin. It is also set up in a condensed TV kind of fashion, rather than a full discussion without snipping peaces together into short digestive click bates/TV news items.

Having said that, the answers from Putin were as usual pretty interesting.

Tass has put up a series of interviews with Putin. in honour of his twenty years in office, they produced twenty short videos in which he addresses one question. Here a link to the first one.

Thanks for sharing! Five episodes so far have been released. In episode 3 Putin said: ''I don’t need any ‘hurrahs’. I want to see the country developing steadily, confidently, rhythmically and comprehensively.'' Spoken like a true statesman.

Watch for yourself: (and select english subs) 🙂

Putin said in a new episode of news agency TASS's ‘20 Questions to Vladimir Putin’ series that Trump isn't particular happy about the US military budget.

Putin: The US has outstripped us, Donald told me yesterday, they have adopted a huge budget for the next year, 738 billion budget, I think...

Interviewer: Did he Brag?

Putin: No, he said this with regret. He said the costs were to high. But he had to do it. He actually advocated disarmament, as he said. Why then won’t he sign all those treaties.

The Russian president also said:

We are not going to fight against anyone. We are going to create conditions so that nobody wants to fight against us.

Episode 6 is now online:

Thanks for sharing! Five episodes so far have been released. In episode 3 Putin said: ''I don’t need any ‘hurrahs’. I want to see the country developing steadily, confidently, rhythmically and comprehensively.'' Spoken like a true statesman.

Watch for yourself: (and select english subs) 🙂

At 2'20, when he begins talking about population decline, the interviewer interjects to give a figure... but Putin interrupts him to say "Yeah, I know. I know nearly every figure..." before giving a detailed statistical analysis of a recent decline, in the context of historical patterns. From memory :umm:

The thing that comes through in this episode (and the one before it I think, on 'National Projects') is that Putin really is running the whole country. Not literally of course, but strategically. He has complete oversight of all substantive policy areas, and he knows almost all the facts and figures concerning each.

This one, episode 2 I think, on Ukraine, is instructive:

When you hear him talking about Ukraine and Russia having the same language 6, 7, 8 hundred years ago, and lamenting its 'polonization' and separation from Russia, you get the strong sense from him that he really, really wishes Ukraine were part of Russia.

The interviewer interrupts him to say "History is history, but today..." before Putin says something like 'we cannot know who we are if we do not know our history'.

At the end he gets to the heart of the matter: the separation of Ukraine from Russia has been a long-standing goal of external powers because together those two countries would be a superpower.

As the old Mackinder formula goes,

"Who rules East Europe commands the Heartland; who rules the Heartland commands the World-Island; who rules the World-Island commands the world."

Found the following recent talk with Putin rather interesting. What especially stood out for me is that Putin doesn’t view his position as a job, but quote; as „destiny“. In other words, I think it is save to assume that he is following a higher calling/mission in everything he does in this position. At least his results/actions nicely match with this idea expressed by him as „destiny“.

I like to share a qoute from Putin, from the book: Vladimir Putin, First Person: An Astonishingly Frank Self-Portrait by Russia's President Vladimir Putin

“I have some rules of my own. One of them is never to regret anything. Over time, I came to the conclusion that this was the right thing to do. As soon as you start regretting and looking back, you start to sour. You always have to think about the future. You always have to look ahead. Of course you have to analyze your past mistakes, but only so that you can learn and correct the course of your life.

That's right! 🇷🇺 💪

'If anyone dares we can repeat it like Soviet Union did' - Putin threatens aggressors

Russia is ready to respond to any aggressor who will dare to repeat Nazi Germany’s attack on the Soviet Union, President Vladimir Putin told TASS in an interview for the project entitled "20 Questions with Vladimir Putin".

When commenting on a popular Russian car slogan reading "We can repeat it," Putin recalled another famous phrase: "Whosoever comes against us by the sword shall perish by the sword."

"The Soviet Union was subjected to a dreadful, horrible, unforgivable attack by Nazi Germany. We lost 27 million people. No other country in the world sustained such an enormous loss. So, if anyone ever dares to try anything like that again, ‘we can repeat it’," Putin said.

He pointed out that Russia "never wanted it and never will." "Accordingly, the Russian leadership, too, has never looked at this issue from that angle," the president added. As a follow-up to the discussion about car slogans related to the Victory Day, the head of state brought up another popular one, "Thank you Grandpa for the Victory."

"Russia is a midget - I'll put her on her knees." Karl the 12th, eighteenth century. Sweden forever lost great power status.

"I will conquer backward Russia." Friedrich, the mid-eighteenth century. In 1759, the Russian army entered Berlin.

"Russia is a colossus with feet of clay." Napoleon, nineteenth century. In 1814 the Russian army took Paris.

"I will conquer the USSR by the end of the year." Hitler, the twentieth century. In 1945 he committed suicide when the Soviet army entered Berlin.

Who's Next?...

Back
Top Bottom