Pure Maple Syrup

Voyageur

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Pure Maple Syrup :love:

After doing a search on the above, many members discus using it as an ingredient in recipes, which makes sense as a replacement for sugar. Since a child, pure maple sugar was an annual event in its collection (Sap) and cooking process; we as kids would pour it hot and eat it of the snow. Even today a honey producer I know orders me a box of number 1 grade clear from Quebec – always grateful. My question is, of the pure type, is this a problem with the anticandida diet, to sweet? Or do the minerals counteract?

Here is a link to the health benefits and other data’s but wanted to ask specifically about candida.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=115

Edit: Thanks for fixing the link Laura, not very savvy with the url nuances.

P, I'm not sure why you put the line in front of the link to deactivate it and THEN hyperlinked it via code to activate it? In any case, I just fixed it so it is active without all that mess.

FWIW:

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popularhealthdiets/a/candida_foods1.htm

Sugar

Refined sugar is thought to encourage the growth of Candida yeast.

Foods containing refined sugar include: white sugar, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, corn syrup, maple sugar, molasses, date sugar, turbinado, raw sugar, demerrara, amasake, rice syrup, sorghum.

Read labels carefully because there may be hidden forms of sugar. When reading the label, words to watch out for include: sucrose, fructose, maltose, lactose, glycogen, glucose, mannitol, sorbitol, galactose, monosaccharides, polysaccharides.

Fruit

Fruit contain natural sugars that are thought to support the growth of yeast. Fruit that are typically eliminated include fresh, frozen, canned, and dried fruit and juice.

Thanks too Psyche; yes sugar is sugar is sugar for the most part with Candida. Was thinking that somehow this;

Maple syrup is an excellent source of the trace mineral manganese. It is also a good source of zinc.

might counteract the effects of the syrup. We would often drink it right from the buckets hanging on the trees; it was like water, not even notably sweet.

Minerals nutrient mount % DV boron – mcg, calcium 8.93 mg 0.89 chloride—mg, chromium – mcg – copper 0.01 mg, 0.50 fluoride -- mg-- iodine-- mcg—, iron 0.16 mg 0.89 , magnesium 1.87 mg 0.47 manganese 0.44 mg 22.00, molybdenum-- mcg—, phosphorus 0.27 mg 0.03, potassium 27.20 mg 0.78, selenium 0.08 mcg 0.11, sodium 1.20 mg 0.05 , zinc 0.55 mg 3.67[/quote

Back
Top Bottom